[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible for a relationship with a significant age difference
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 640x1136
Is it possible for a relationship with a significant age difference (+8 years) to work? I'm 22 and all I know is that his youngest little sister is 28.
>>
>>17313618
You're old enough to make your own decisions without worrying about ppls opinion of this relationship.
>>
>>17313618

>to work

define 'to work'. you are well aware that plenty of people get married despite said age differences, so if thats what you mean why are you asking?
>>
File: 709.png (119 KB, 629x403) Image search: [Google]
709.png
119 KB, 629x403
>>17313631
>types a perfectly fine sentence
>chooses ppls

That rly grinds my gears
>>
>>17313646
Yeah its the same guy who wrote mold. I do it special to piss you off.
>>
File: 600px-XFiles-PT92-1.jpg (59 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
600px-XFiles-PT92-1.jpg
59 KB, 600x338
>>17313652
ITS A CONSPIRACY

GOD DAMNIT SCULLY WHY CANT YOU SEE IT
>>
>>17313644
Because I don't know how to proceed.

I used to date a guy who was 30 earlier, but he was the one who pursued me, and I outgrew him pretty quickly and ended the relationship.
>>
>>17313618
I'm 30, my fiancée is turning 40 this year. It can totally work, but (I think) you need to have similar interests, wants and goals to really make it work. My lady and I are disgustingly similar in many ways.
>>
Yes. My wife was 21 and I was 30. Is been ten years now. I was a pretty immature at 30 though.
>>
Just curious, I've seen your posts a few times, why are you learning Swedish?
>>
>>17313749
As far as I've understood we both value hard work and enjoy alcohol. I'm not sure if we have more similar interests but we're both pretty passionate about those two.

>>17313764
For this whole time before asking his sister's age, I honestly thought he was an unusually mature 23-25-year-old.
>>
>>17313839
I want to avoid alzheimer's and french was too hard.
>>
>>17313618
My boyfriend is 8 years older than me (23, 31).

It works well and we're very happy, but you're at different phases in life and it's important to communicate about what you want/need more than in a normal relationship. One thing that really helped us was being sure of wanting the same things at the same time: we talked early about living together, kids, marriage, my education, his job, etc.
>>
>>17313936
But we ARE in the same situation. We work at the same place.
>>
>>17313896
Swedish is heavily influenced by French
>>
>>17314407
And simplified.
>>
>>17313618
Older man/younger woman? That only worked of rall of history until the 1970s, why would it still work?!
>>
>>17314724
Are you aware of how many unhappy couples remained together just because of the social stigma of divorce?

NOBODY got divorced at the time when my grandparents did.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.