[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how to handle my friends newfound pussywhipdom? >me and friend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 3
File: 1456318458160.jpg (38 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
1456318458160.jpg
38 KB, 500x300
how to handle my friends newfound pussywhipdom?

>me and friend are kinda 'permasingle' type guys
>We get laid easy enough but we both agree single lifestyle is generally better and should only date when you meet someone exceptional
>he meets someone exceptional
>shes totally cool and we all get along great
>we make plans for all of us to hang out july 4th at the beach
>three days before (today) he tells me 'her mom invited us to something on 4th of july so i have to go to that'
>lol it off and tell him hes pussywhipped
>he says hes not
>explain its pussy whiped if you say you 'have' to do something and are cancelling standing plans with ur friends 3 days before a holiday
>now he mad

not sure how to handle this one. its not even that big a deal, i mean its too late for me to throw my normal 4th of july party now but im not horribly upset but i seem to have upset him
>>
>>17313168

That's not "pussywhipped" at all, you sperg.

Pussywhipped would be if he did every single thing she said, carried her bags around, always canceled plans with you and the guys, etc.

What he's doing is "making a reasonable compromise with another human being he enjoys."
>>
>>17313173

>reasonable compromise

whats the reasonable compromise? sure this is maybe the START of pussy whipped, but hes cancelling standing holiday plans with friends because his girlfriends mom invited them to do something else.

when youj say you 'have' to do something cuz a gfs mom invited you despite already having plans with friends, thats pussy whipped mate.
>>
>>17313168
There's fucking nothing wrong with them making plans with her family. Things happen. Don't be surprised if her parents ask them to go over for Thanksgiving/Christmas.

You guys can all hang out next time. It's not a big deal.
>>
>>17313181
Are you 15?
>>
>>17313168
lol you're a fucking retard

your friend is getting involved with and "exceptional" woman, so yeah he's going to put her above you

men don't stay brofaggots forever
>>
>>17313186

like i said, its not a big deal. but it is pussy whipped.

I tend to host a 'fakesgiving' at a separate week since most people go to family for that holiday.

but you gotta remember we've had these plans for two weeks now and then he pulled them out 3 days before. everyones already made their plans, its 4th of july. not like i can just pull a barbeque out of my ass this late in the game.

you do realize that it is rude to just cancel plans cuz someone else asked you to do something different right? i am honestly a bit upset that we've been friends for years but he chooses his gf over me claiming he 'has to'. especially since his gf was going to be there hanging out with us anyway.
>>
>>17313190

>you're a retard for not falling for the pussy meme

why does he have to put anyone above anyone? if he had already made plans to do this i wouldnt be upset, but for two weeks he said were going to the beach and then changed his mind 3 days before saying he 'has' to do this.

he could literally say 'already have plans with my friends'.
>>
>>17313194
>i am honestly a bit upset that we've been friends for years but he chooses his gf over me
waaah waaah your boyfriend doesn't love you so he must be pussywhipped
>>
He's going to put his relationship to his potential mother in law above you, if you were a good friend you would respect the fact he is trying to nurture his future with the woman he loves.

Sounds like you're falling behind and upset that he's making headway in life yet you're still single. Don't be a bitter asshole.
>>
>>17313195
Because when you're an adult, family is more important than friends. Eventually, all your friends are going to grow up and focus more on their families, and you're going to be left as a perpetual "permasingle" teenager whining about how everybody is pussywhipped except for you.
>>
>>17313197

>friend cancelled with you cuz of a girl changed her mind 3 days before the event

big difference.

>>17313205

>hes goign to put his relationship to his potential mother in law above you

there is a big difference between giving her preference and ditching me after we have established plans. you have to remember he made these plans with me first.

>trying to nurture his future iwth the woman he loves

they've been together two months and he already talks about how he wishes he was single again. even if you get rid of the single part, its been two months.

>it sounds like you're mad cuz you're falling behind

really? its impossible for me to just be bummed that my friend cancelled plans? it has to be about the entire path of life and not just that 'hey, my friend ditched me on 4th of july' ?

>and yet you're still single
>still

i am only recently single, and its by choice. its not exactly hard to get a boyfriend in this town, you get hit up by fifty guys on tinder a day saying 'im looking for a relationship' and they unmatch when i say im not.

im not looking for a relationship. just because you're obsessed with dating doesn't mean everyone else is mate.

>>17313206

>when you're an adult family is more important than friends

thats great, but hes 21 and has been dating her for two months. hes been single for four years, and trust me it was by choice, cuz hes a stunningly beautiful man who had girls throwing themselves at him on the regular. hes already putting himself in potential cheating scenarios.

and nah, i dont whine when its legit. my other friend recently got engaged and while it is sad that i see him less and things are fading out, i am mature enough to understand that. things change.

that doesnt mean my friend isnt pussy whipped.
>>
>>17313216
Boo-fucking-hoo. Existing plans had to be canceled a little before they happened. It's time to suck it up and start getting used to this happening you toddler, it's gonna happen to you, your close friends, your coworkers, fucking everyone. Things happen and there's nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>17313222

jesus, anon, why are you grumpy?

you act like its unreasonable to be upset that someone cancelled holiday plans on you. do you have no friends? are you a robot?

im not calling my friend the evil hitler prisoner of the vagina vortex. you act like its some horrible sin to say 'its not a big deal, but im kind of upset about it'.

boo-fucking-hoo someone has regular human emotions, how hard it must be for you to read them.
>>
>>17313168
I still cant believe normalfags stole pepe
>>
>>17313195
>but for two weeks he said were going to the beach and then changed his mind 3 days before saying he 'has' to do this.
>he could literally say 'already have plans with my friends'.
Did you realize that perhaps her mother asked them recently, and that they weren't expecting her parents to invite them over? No one can tell the future so it's stupid to assume these two can and alter the plans specifically to fuck you over.
>>
>>17313226

>normalfags
>said the tripfag
>>
>>17313228

>did you realize that perhaps her mother asked them recently

yes. thats exactly what happened. are you retarded or something?

and when someone invites you to something and you already have plans with your friends you simply say
>that sounds awesome, but I already have plans for that day

thats what normal people do. im sure you'd kill your friends just to listen to a girl fart through a walkie talkie, but normal people just say 'sorry, I already have plans for that day'.
>>
>>17313224
Did you know you can hang out with them again at a later date? My friends have bailed out on plans we made beforehand because their relatives were in town and they wanted to hang out, or because something popped up and they wanted to do whatever with their partner. I've done the same thing to them and there have been no issues with any of our relationships because of it. There really is no issue with it. Your friendship isn't ruined forever, he isn't pussywhipped.

Besides, it's just the 4th of July man. It isn't even one of the more "important" holidays. If he was your best man and bailed out, say, your wedding 3 days before it happened then I would understand why you would be upset.
>>
People are disagreeing with you because you are an annoying little brat.
But you are right, if he had agreed with you before he shouldn't have bailed.

Congratulations you are a man-child and your friend is a dick!
>>
>>17313229
not an arguement
>>
>>17313245
Is this the Oxford Union?
>>
>>17313248
Never fucking reply to me again unless you are contributing to the thread.
>>
>>17313239

>did you know you can hang out with them again at a later date?

yes, i am well aware. the point is that given the holiday its considered more 'important plans'. we've all had the situation where a relative came in or this or that or the third thing. but this wasnt something he HAD to do. this wasnt something he really should have even done.

he could have said 'sorry I already have plans for that day'.

>it isnt even one of the more 'important' holidays.

define important? every year im the one who throws the big fourth of july bbq. i didnt throw one this year cuz he wanted to go to the beach so i agreed. now i cant. im usre you prefer christmas cuz mommy and daddy might give you lots of presents.

>i would understand being upset, but the fact that you're left holding oyur dick with nothing to do on the 4th of july means nothing

you act like im disowning him, hating him, or feeling anger.

its okay to be upset that someone cancelled holiday plans on you at the last minute. im not saying this will even impact out friendship, but im allowed to be bummed out anon.

>>17313244

see, this is all i wanted to here. i wouldnt even say my friend is a dick, he just felt pressured and made an unfortunate choice to me.

>you are an annoying little brat

is there any less bratty way to say 'im a little upset that he cancelled our 4th of july plans on me' ?

either way, thats all i wanted to hear. he shouldnt have bailed. thank you.
>>
>>17313252
I abide by the code of honour and chivalry, so to all those who repeatedly insult me on forums hiding behind their computer screen: I am available at anytime of the day for a fistfight or any type of sword or crossbow duel. I just purchased an automatic pistol crossbow. It’s a mix between a gun and a crossbow, it’s like a pistol but it fires arrows. I killed a goat with a shot in the stomach at point-blank range by alluring it with grass; the beast died three hours later. I will do the same with you. I know that you like grass, like all sheep do.
>>
>>17313253
>is there any less bratty way to say 'im a little upset that he cancelled our 4th of july plans on me' ?
It's your attitude and how you're wording your thoughts here. You sound like a 6 year old whose birthday party plans got changed at the last minute, and you don't agree with said changes.
>>
Dump him, and get a new boyfriend lol
Love Putin :)
>>
>>17313253
>is there any less bratty way to say 'im a little upset that he cancelled our 4th of july plans on me' ?
Yes, just say "im a little upset that he cancelled our 4th of july plans on me"
Except you are not a little upset you ate upset.

Also you created this thread expecting a circlejerk and got upset because people didn't agree with you, you write like a spoiled kid.

Everything about you screams brat.
Grow up.
>>
Dump him, and get a new boyfriend or sell him to isis lol
Love Putin
P.s. Death to the blue helmets
>>
>>17313261

i guess? the conclusion of my thoughts were
> i mean its too late for me to throw my normal 4th of july party now but im not horribly upset but i seem to have upset him

so despite me being the one being bailed on by him im trying to get advice on not upsetting him.

are you sure you dont just have your 4chan eyes on right now? people tend to be overly negative when they've been here for so long.

>>17313266

you mean like how i said
> i mean its too late for me to throw my normal 4th of july party now but im not horribly upset but i seem to have upset him

in my first post?

>>17313266

>you're a brat
>but everyone just screaming about how its wrong to be upset because people get married at some point are super duper mature

lel
>>
>>17313271
You said that and a bunch of shit in your first post.

Yeah, people being dicks to you make you your childshness totally fine.
Try to learn something from this thread and grow up.
>>
>>17313275

>you said that and a bunch of shit in your first post.

you mean the part where i explain what happened? cuz thats what i did.

if the major issue here is that i told him hes pussy whipped, i guess ill accept the bratty title over that, though its been a pretty traditional thing to say after such an occurrence. is he not pussy whipped?

ultimately the question wasn't whether or not im a brat, i already admitted i made him upset and was asking for help to deal with it.

but instead everyone harps on how this is completely normal, and though i admit it is normal, it doesnt make it good or make me unreasonable for being bummed, and i dont really think calling him pussywhipped was 'a step too far' but im asking how to deal with this upsetness.

i try to push him in the direction i think is right cuz he comes to me for advice on most everything. but im admittedly tempted to push things in my favor. so far when he has questions about his relationship i try to be unbiased and do what i think is best, even when he wanted to push himself into a potential cheating scenario i advised him away from it just a few days ago.

but when this sort of thing happens its hard for me not to play it to my favor.
>>
OP, stop being clingy for this guy. Sure, ideally he would stick with the original plan and spend the day with you, but since the occasion presented himself, he decided to choose the second option. Stop being salty because he values his gf and potential future with her more; it's only natural, that's what usually happens. It doesn't make him pussywhipped, although it males him a bit selfish. You on the other hand sound like pussywhipped clinger who is jealous either because your friend has a gf or because he chooses her over you. To an extent I understand why you are upset, but you should also understand that to most people friendship is lower in the hierarchy than romantic relationship and just suck it up without making big fat dramatic scenes.
>>
>>17313284
Yeah yeah, believe what you want to believe and be like this forever.
Don't try to understand why people don't like you in this thread; it's all their fault and you have done nothing wrong, you have nothing to improve either.
Just keep doing what you are doing, champ.
>>
>>17313286
...and without giving him false advice in hopes he cheats on her/they break up and you two will be permasingle again; it's laughable, pathetic and only shows how obessed you are with this guy, if you want to have him all to yourself so badly,
>>
>>17313168
She invited him to meet her mother - of course he will want to go to that. He can hang out with you whenever.

>>17313216
If he didn't want to be with her then why would he still be dating her and why would he accept to meet/see her mother? When a guy doesn't want to be with a girl, they simply won't be with them. They'll distance themself from the woman until they're either called out on it or ghost her.

Also >boyfriend
In your op you mentioned you're a guy. So were you lying and you're actually a girl or are you gay?

Also >He's been single for four years

So.. since he was 17.. a kid.. So this is his first real relationship is what you're saying..

AND >He's a stunningly beautiful man

Um.
>>
>>17313286

>it doesnt make him pussy whipped although it makes him ab it selfish

what? id honestly argue the exact opposite, so if you could explain this to me, id really love.

i wouldnt say its selfish that he chose the girlfriend/mom over me. theres literally nothing selfish about it. it would be selfish if thats what he really wanted to do, but considering goign to the beach was his idea i know its not.

id argue its pussy whipped cuz hes literally doing it to stay in the girlfriends good graces. maybe that in itself is selfish but it feels reversed to me.

>stop being clingy

i dont think im being clingy by being bummed. im not saying hes hitler or the worse or this is the end of our relationship, cuz its none of these things. perhaps i am being 'salty' but i think im comfortable feeling my feelings instead of just ignoring them because its the way the world works.

i can admit this is the way the world works and still feel sad, without it being a 'big deal'. not every emotion needs to be extreme.

>big fat dramatic scenes

i guess this is where i get most confused. i dont feel like i made a big fag dramatic scene. he explained and i said

>well at least ill be able to see the fireworks on my street this year
>you're pussy whipped though lol

it was a simple text exchange and pretty common considering the situation.

i understand the hierarchy even though I do not enjoy it, but ive accepted it. hwen my other friend got engaged i knew it was the beginning of the end and slowly phased out of his life.

i think you can still feel your feelings without being dramatic.
>>
>>17313293

>>17313293

except for hwo i literally said
>i made him upset

and then asked for advice on how to handle it. you guys act like the world is so black and white.

its not a big deal that this happened. and if she is the one he marries, i am going to be phased out. but im still allowed to make jokes about him being pussy whipped and im still allowed to be bummed about it. its not the end of the world. im not pretending it is.

so why are you guys pretending it is.
>>17313294

did you even read what i said?

>>17313284

>i try to be unbiased
>even when HE wanted to be in a cheating scenario i ADVISED HIM AWAY FROM IT

how am i pathetic for overcoming my temptations? are you saying im laughable and pathetic simply because i am tempted? why do you guys act like you're just perfect pillars of virtue who never have conflicting feelings and always just 'go with the flow' without ever being sad about it?

I said i was tempted but always gave him the unbiased advice.
>>
>>17313298

>she invited him to meet her mother

no, the mother invited them to a separate party. hes met her numoerous times, stayed at their house etc.

>he can hang out with you whenever

he can hang out with her whenever too. he sees her mom about as much as he sees me.

all im saying is im bummed that he canceled his plans and asking for advice in dealing with how upset he is.

>hes stunningly beautiful

yeah, he is. hes actually a model

>since he was 17

total typo, hes turning 25 this saturday.

>are you gay

yes im gay.
>>
>>17313168
A sweeping majority of guys put their gfs before their friends, it's why the phrase "bros before hos" exists in the first place.

Yes it's pussy-whipped, yes it was rude of him to change plans so late, but you should have seen it coming.
>>
>>17313312
As some anon already mentioned, choosing your gf over your friend once doesn't make a person pussywhipped. It makes your friend smart actually because it means
>he'll get to meet gf's family and make their relationship more intimate and advanced
>gf will be happy and put out
He picked her over you, you dummy, in the name of building a relationship with her. Also it is simply rude to turn down invitation from your bf's/gf's parents or family members, especially at thr beginning of the relationship when you haven't met them yet. You should be supportive, not nasty to him.
>>
>>17313328

i saw it coming in the sense that i know this will eventually happen. but i dont think its fair to say that i should have expected him to cancel on 4th of july in particular.

all that being said, that doesnt mean i cant feel bummed, and i dont think it should mean i cant tease him for being pussy whipped. it wasnt an argument, or dramatic exchange, my exact response was
>ah bummer
>Also, pussy whipped
>but bummer
>>
>>17313339

hes alreay met the family and stayed the night there several times mate.

>gf will be happy and put out
>doesnt make him pussy whipped

you do realize thats literally what pussy whipped means right? doing something specifically cuz she wont put out if you dont?

>you should be supportive not nasty

you guys act like grown men are six year old girls who cant take a joke. he told me the change in plans and all i said was
>ah bummer
>also, pussy whipped
>but bummer.
>at least ill be able to see the fireworks the mexicans on my street do
>>
>>17313339

also can you stop acting like the world is so black and white?

i know what he did. i understand why he chose it. i understand its the way our culture works at the moment. that doesnt mean im not allowed to be 'bummed'.
>>
>>17313340
You are one persistent motherfucker.
People have already agreed with you on the thing you wanted most. Don't expect 100% circlejerk.
You are not going to change your mind and there is nothing anyone here can do about it.
You already got what you came for, there is no need to stay.
>>
>>17313347
You are allowed to be bummed but if you really are 25, it's kinda sad that you make such a big deal out of it. I'd say you are too bummed, things like that are really trifle, posting here about it and arguing with anons about whether he's pussywhipped or not is a tad overreaction
>>
>>17313352

>you are one persistent mother fucker
>i say as i continue to argue my own point as well

wouldn't it make more sense if we both just have our opinions and are trying to explain them to the other? i mean what makes me any more persistent than you? the fact that im the OP maybe so theres multiple people to rehash the same conversation with, but you're still here trying to insist your right, im still here trying to insist im right.

sounds like we are equally persistent.

>you already got what you came for

i literally didn't. no ones told me how to handle my friend in terms of the upset. im not even sure what to say cuz he just went radio silent after the fact.
>>
>>17313360

im 23 myself.

>arguing with anons

they made post accusing me of things, am i bad person for explaining myself? everyone else is throwing insults left and right, but im the one who's overreacting?

i came here asking for advice with my friend who i've upset, but instead everyones just flinging insults at me.
>>
>>17313372
>how to handle my friends newfound pussywhipdom?
You never asked how to handle him being upset. People don't think he is 'pussy whiped' (you really love this expression for some reason) and they explain why, then you proceed to say they are wrong and search for somebody to agree with you.
That's the whole thread wrapped up.
>>
>>17313340
i dont think its fair to say that i should have expected him to cancel on 4th of july in particular.
I think it's more than fair to say that. When a guy finds himself a new girlfriend, it's pretty normal that he would choose to be with her and her family on a major holiday, EVEN IF he made plans with somebody else.

I'm a fairly spergy dude, and I personally don't appreciate little social gotchas such as these, but this kind of thing happens a lot.
>>
>>17313390
>not sure how to handle this one. its not even that big a deal, i mean its too late for me to throw my normal 4th of july party now but im not horribly upset but i seem to have upset him

perhaps i could have emphasized it differently but the 'upset him' was the note i ended on for a reason. i could see why you'd be confused.
>>
>>17313377
Anons hate you because you are a petty dude. But anyway, just text him something like 'bro, hope you aren't mad at me, it was just a joke/i shouldn't have said that, sorry. Or just let it go (he'll get over it with time) and don't call him pussywhipped again
>>
>>17313398

what? im sorry but thats extremely backwards.

you should not make plans with someone EXPECTING them to cancel with you at the last minute.

im with you on the dont appreciate it, but to say that as soon as somone starts dating we should expect all of our major holiday plans to be cancelled last minute is rude.

why even bother making plans with someone if you literally expect them to cancel with you at the last minute?

you shouldnt enable or excuse this kind of behavior. yes friendships fade out for preference over their inevitable divorces, but that doesnt mean you should expect them to cancel major holiday plans with you for a girl they met two months ago.
>>
>>17313404
>initiates with a clear question
>ends with a statement
>wonders why people thing the question is what you are looking advice for

Jesus, you are something aren't you?
>>
>>17313409

>dont call him pussy whipped again

on the fence about that. not going to pretend everything is hunky dory if its not.

>you're the petty one
>not everyone flinging insults at you for teasing a friend

interesting.

>just text him

that was my initial thought but with the radio silence it feels rather awkward. perhaps im worried ive assumed too much or too little from it.

>>17313415

dont be so petty anon :^) why you taking this so seriously its normal these things happen its a part of life, no need to be such a child lolol
>>
>>1731341>>17313415
people think*
>>
>>17313418
Lmao then call him pussywhipped (even though most anons agreed he was not, at least in this instance) and enjoy slow deterioration of your friendship fuelled by his growing resentmemt towards your pettiness and jealousy.
>>
>>17313418
Nigga you made it to my top 10 of anons incapable of introspection, congratulations. It is a very tough position to achieve, make sure to keep like that so you don't lose it.
>>
>>17313432

they'll be broken up by october so im not too worried.

>people disagree that hes pussy whipped
>even though many said its smart to do this cuz she'll put out
>but thats not the definition of pussy whipped

hmmmmm
>>
>>17313433

>even though you're one of only two people in the thread who can see the situation isnt black and white and admit to knowing the friendship will fade out, you're simply top ten worsts of all time

you just made my top 10 anons incapable of intelligent thought. congratulations, you spend so much time giving advice on an anonymous guatemalan fish shaving pictograph forum that you actually think people care about your opinion. very tough position to achieve considering no one in real life will even listen. m ake sure to keep like that so you can have an ego when you talk about all the sluts wanting only chads in the next thread.
>>
>>17313442
But most likely he will find himself some long-time gf and you will be put aside anyway. Better get used to the thought and stop being nasty
>>
>>17313168
> we both agree single lifestyle is generally better and should only date when you meet someone exceptional
you validate each other being single

and then you get mad or jealous of his girlfriend and call him pussy whipped.

he's pussy whipped if he continually doesn't hang out and if/when he does he mainly talks about his girlfriend
>>
>>17313446
Damn nigga, no need to project this much, you are dazzling my neighboors tv and hurting my eyes with all this non-black-and-white thoughts.
>>
>>17313344
"Ah, bummer. Also, pussywhipped. But bummer." What an annoying thing to say. I'm sure you said it in that faux-depressed, smug, smarmy way that people throw out subtle insults like that in, too.

Maybe you don't realize that's insulting even - you really thought it was jusy teasing. Maybe you don't realize that people complain about their s/o's to their best friends, even if deep down they don't really feel that way.

You said you want to figure out a way to deal with his being upset. Okay, here's the most direct, to the point advice you're going to get for that: Apologize for making the pussywhipped comment.

That's literally all you have to do. Common sense.
>>
>>17313411
So it's rude of me to say that you should have considered a common social norm, even after I said that I find it to be in very poor taste?

Get a fucking grip dude.
>>
>>17313433
Lol kinda off-topic, but describe #1 for me.
>>
File: 3ab.jpg (31 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
3ab.jpg
31 KB, 600x600
>>17313485
If you aint first you're last
>>
He might be going because HE wants to, not because she told him that he "has" to go. He could be useing the word "has" because he feels that he really likes her and doesnt want to pass this chance up.
Sure its messed up that you made plans already but you guys have known each other for yrs and he just got his new gf and wants to spend a lot of time with her. Their in the beginning of their relationship and he probably wants to start off on the right foot with her family. Your making this seem like its her fault when it may not even be the case. This isnt being pussywhipped dude.
Id do the same if i really liked a girl.
>>
>>17313485
It's a trip from /an/ called bugguy, plont now.
He lives in his own world, it doesn't help that his opinions are pretty controversal.
He is swede and talks about the law in the US as if he knows anything (he thinks he knows it all about all and this is a recurrent theme), whenever he is losing an argument he will begin to argue semantics and try to subvert what was said, he is incapable of being wrong in his mind.
At first it was fun to watch the clashes between him and his haters setting /an/ on fire but the threads always followed the same path and it got old.
Nowadays as plont he refrains from polemic topics though, as if he changed with the trip; i find this very interessing.
>>
>>17313451

I went to five high schools so got over the idea of any type of relationship lasting forever. frankly im surprised we lasted this long considering some bumps in the raod.

its not being nasty to say pussy whipped, have you ever even had a guy friend before?

>>17313459

not really. i was the one he asked about her, i was the one who talked him into dating her, and i was the one who steers him away from leaving him.

i guess if you want to argue the exact definition of pussy whipped thats a thing, but it was just teasing, though it did seem to upset him.

>>17313461

>copy paste what you say
>change it around
>STOP PROJECTING OMG

lol

>>17313469

i realize its insulting in the way that one guy might joke with another, but it sounds like you guys are so afraid of any negative criticism that you cant eve ntake 'pussy whipped' without crying.

>apologize

like i said before thats my first thought but it seems awkward with the radio silence and dont want to over assume. considering the light hearted nature of the comment (despite your projection) i dont think just going straight to apology is the way to go.

perhaps theres no advice here, but i think the less direct approach is the best way to talk through it.
>>
>>17313475

its not a social norm to cancel major holiday plans at the last minute as soon as you start dating someone.

a social norm is the girlfriend slowly taking over, not 'well hes dating a girl now, you should have expected him to cancel major holiday plans with you at the last minute'.

also i didnt call you rude at all anon. i just disagreed with you. is it possible to disagree with you without being rude? i simply said that you shouldnt expect it and you shouldnt enable it.
>>
>>17313495

maybe he does want to. for whatever reason. but he was the one who wanted to go to the beach for fourth of july, instead of the usual bbq i throw, so i went ahead and agreed to his plans instead. hes the one who left me hanging.

>her fault

not her fault at all, its his fault.

>id ditch my friends in a heartbeat for a girl i like

you're such a good friend.
>>
>>17313216
>its not exactly hard to get a boyfriend in this town
>im not looking for a relationship
>thats great, but hes 21

Jealous bitch detected. Either you're gay or a girl and jealous of his girlfriend wanting your "best friends" dick to yourself.

>inb4 but we're bffs. Know your boundaries. Even "best friends" leave their buddies room for other things and people without whining about how neglected they feel.
>>
>>17313532
>also i didnt call you rude at all anon
Oh really?

>>17313411
>im with you on the dont appreciate it, but to say that as soon as somone starts dating we should expect all of our major holiday plans to be cancelled last minute is rude.
>>
>>17313548

im confirmed for gay, and while he is a beautiful human, im not really jelly. ive had a similar situation where my friend slowly phased out of the group in favor of his fiance. and while it is sad, its life.

in this particular isntance im the one who pushed him to date her and prevented him from being in situations where he'd be tempted to cheat.

>its wrong to feel sad that someone canceled holiday plans on you.

its not like its just a regular weekend where you just play some vidyah or go to the bar or whatever. its the 4th of july mate. if he had said 'cant hang out this year, girlfriends family is having a party' that would have been fine. happens all the time.

im not a bad person for being bummed

>>17313559

ouch, you got me there anon. to be honest though isnt it?

but again, you didnt say 'consider a social norm' you said 'you should have expected him to cancel plans with you on the 4th of july' simply because he has a gf.

by your logic we shouldnt bother ever making plans with friends.
>>
>>17313525
Anon, we have reduced our pointless replies too much, i'm not going to try and make it more appealing because i'm tired; if you want just reply something worth replying to me and we can restart.
>>
>>17313581

you are under no obligation to respond if you dont want to. if you need to go sleep just sleep. if you are tired in the other sense, just dont respond.

just dont pretend that you're infinitely superior just cuz someone disagrees with you mate.
>>
>>17313588
I'm having fun with it though.
I'm tired not sleepy...
>just dont pretend that you're infinitely superior just cuz someone disagrees with you mate.
That's the projecting part.
>>
>>17313602

>when you do something i dont like its projecting
>but when i do something you dont like, im right

your logic in no way resembles our earth logic
>>
>>17313610
That's exactly what you are doing...
>>
>>17313620

>thats exactly what you are doing...

thats exactly what you did. my whole point was that we can disagree without one of us being superior to the other. you are the one who said im projecting. thus disagreeing.

and thats great, but if ur just here to stroke your ego you should go to a porn board and stroke something else.
>>
>>17313567
>but again, you didnt say 'consider a social norm' you said 'you should have expected him to cancel plans with you on the 4th of july' simply because he has a gf.
That IS a social norm, and I've already explained why: >>17313398
>>
>>17313629
I never said anything about being superior though.
You are the one thinking your are special because you don't see things in black and white.
Your whole thing is that you'll disagree with everyone until someone agrees fully with you, allowing you to leave; just like you were going to when i was the first one to say he was being a dick.

Like i said this thread is pointless because nothing will convince you that your point of view is not correct, advice is for gathering different points of view and balance them with the situation. It is not made for agreeing with whoever is the OP, which is why you came here.
>>
>>17313667

its not a social norm. its a norm to be phased out in favor of the girlfriend. its a dick move to cancel plans at the last minute.

big difference.

>>17313668

>you cant just disagree with parts of people

what? this is a thread. for discussion. i post. you respond. i respond to that. you are acting like im continuing this cycle of argument, but were both just talking about what we believe in the current situation.

you could have also left. you are insisting its my responsibility because ???

advice is for how to handle the situation. the general advice has been (while not what im looking for) is to stop being 'nasty' about it, and to accept it.

and while i agreed to accept it and acknowledged that friendships will fade out in favor of relationships, you are insisting im not taking any advice at all simply because i keep saying 'i believe its okay to be bummed. its a dick move to cancel plans'.

we are the same. we agree on some points, and stand by our own. the difference is im sitting here saying 'one of us doesnt have to be superior' just because we disagree. i took parts of the advice but because i dont either A) take ALLLL the advice or B) stop posting that i am just here to get people to agree with me.

you dont have to agree with me. you dont have to stop posting.

but saying
>AGREE WITH ME OR STOP POSTING (which is what your argument boils down to) is rather silly mate.
>>
>>17313728
I didn't left because i was having fun coming up with semi-witty things to say on this pointless conversation.
>>
>>17313771

ditto
>>
>>17313525
It's not projection - you come off as rude. That can be verified by the numerous replies in this thread calling you out on being rude. It's not possible that just everyone replying to you is seeing you as rude for no reason.

If it was one or two replies, then maybe, but it's almost every reply that is either calling you out on your attitude or getting fed up and tired of you. The reason I personally see to you being rude (can't speak for all the other people, obviously) is you shooting down everyone's opinions, and engaging them with an insulting tone. However, you keep trying to say that you have an opinion, and blah blah blah.

Yes, you have an opinion. And so does everyone else. When you ask for advice, you are asking for other's opinions on a situation.

But you are refusing to listen to anyone else's opinion and only trying to assert your own - so what was the point of you even starting this thread? The only reason I can see why you are keeping this up at this point is because you are trolling. So 8/8 b8 m8 - good bye.
>>
>>17313795

>you come off rude
>to all those people who immediately called you a sperg
>15 years old
>fucking retard
>in the first three responses

i dont think you know what rude is.
>>
>>17313728
>its a norm to be phased out in favor of the girlfriend. its a dick move to cancel plans at the last minute.
I'm like the one guy in this thread who's on your side and you're not making it easy for me. Your friend's new passion has always held precedence over you, and as such he will choose her when chance arises. That was the first god damn thing I said in this thread.
>>
>>17313847

that doesnt make it a social norm to cancel plans. it doesnt make it okay. it doesnt mean you should expect too have major holiday plans cancelled.
>>
>>17313850
>doesn't
Does.
>>
File: 1430841782815.png (1 MB, 500x1388) Image search: [Google]
1430841782815.png
1 MB, 500x1388
>>17313850

>does

doesn't
>>
>>17313801
Rude is saying
>ah bummer
>also pussywhipped
>but bummer
>>
>>17313879

>i have literally never had a friend before

rude is cancelling holiday plans at the last minute.
>>
>>17313894
>>17313850
Are you actually arguing that it's not normal to cancel plans? It sounds like you're the one who's never had a friend before.
>>
>>17313911

normal and 'social norm' are two different things.

ultimately my point is whether or not its right or wrong. cancelling plans simply because someone else offered a different plan on a major holiday is rude. if you want to argue its not, id wager you've been ditched a lot and its the only way to rationalize it.

etiher way weekends here so im gonna ditch thread.

good luck.
>>
>>17313168
>file name: your big boss now
>>
>>17313168
Tell him you are sorry about how you handled the situation but you were just upset that he canceled the party on a rather short notice.
>>
>>17313168
Dude you lost him. If you love him so much then propose to him. Otherwise give up everyone knows once you find a decent hole to fuck you must obey that hole in order to preserve exclusive fucking rights.
>>
>>17313925
>etiher way weekends here so im gonna ditch thread.
We all know you're still here.

Your friend is a pussywhipped beta and you're a whiny cunt.

As it happens, I'm actually going to the beach this weekend. Have fun barbecuing! ;)
>>
>>17313925
I hope your friend's girlfriend steals him away from you because if you're this shitty on an anon board you must be a pure asshole in real life. I'm sure it wasn't the pussywhipped comment you made to make him upset. You're an extremely persistent pos on this board constantly attempting to get into fights with people, so I'm sure you constantly badger this friend of yours irl about inane shit.

I bet my left arm that you want to suck his dick, too. Why the fuck are you a gay boy hanging out with this dude otherwise. It's like guys who become friends with girls, completely bullshitting themselves.

You are so into this whole pussywhipped term because you are desperate to put women down because you know that a hairy dry asshole can't compare to a soft wet vagina, and your friend will never fuck you.
>>
>>17313168
You're more disposable than his girlfriend; unless you're gonna start giving him blow-jobs than get over it.
>>
>>17313567
>in this particular isntance im the one who pushed him to date her and prevented him from being in situations where he'd be tempted to cheat.
This doesn't exclude you wanting his dick and being a jealous bitch.
Just admit already. It'll only hurt more if you don't admit it even to yourself.
>>
>>17313978
>You are so into this whole pussywhipped term because you are desperate to put women down because you know that a hairy dry asshole can't compare to a soft wet vagina, and your friend will never fuck you.
Also this OP, this. Time to stop being bitter, accept things as they are, stop lurking by the side of your big love pretending there isn't more than just being best friends and start moving on to the guy who loves you back.
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.