[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have never worked a day in my life and am about to apply for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1461338409259.jpg (13 KB, 389x389) Image search: [Google]
1461338409259.jpg
13 KB, 389x389
I have never worked a day in my life and am about to apply for Taco Bell. Would it be a good idea to put down Vacation Bible School on there so they see I at least did SOMETHING in my nineteen years I've been alive? I also feel it will make me look like an upstanding moral citizen.
>>
>>17312491
Are you stupid? Yes of course, put that on there.
>>
>>17312491
No
>>
>>17312491
They don't expect you to have much or any experience at 19, so there's no shame in writing None.

On the other hand, if you did responsible work at bible camp or were president of a school club, you can cite them as evidence of your skills or reliability, and it doesn't matter if you weren't paid. For example:

Instructor, Bob's Bible Camp, summer 2015
Volunteer worker, City Soup Kitchen, December 2015
>>
>>17312491
I would never hire anyone using that as a reference. It's irrelevant and has no value in regards to actual work.

In the regard, if I were looking for people to easily brainwash, you'd instantly hit the top of my list.
>>
Taco bell manager here. Dude it doesn't matter they hire everybody
>>
>>17312491

Yes put it on your resume.

Also, anon. I have some advice for you.

Work hard at your job. Don't think "it's just a shitty fast food job, fuck it". No, don't do that. Take pride in your work. EVERYONE likes someone who works hard and takes pride in what they do. and yes, that can be done at Taco Bell as well. When you go to work. Make everything by the standard, don't be sloppy. When talking to a customer, be friendly and smile. Talk with them. Not only will it make you feel better about yourself at work. You could also make the day of your customers. it will also help you in the future. I'm being serious about this too. If you really do out your all into your job. And be a friendly, hard working employee. It can make a difference.

In my hometown, at Costco. There was the old black guy named "Shag". He was the guy who would check your receipt when you left the store. He was friendly and would always try to make you smile when you left. He was single and had no family. Well, shag died in a tragic car accident. And you know what happened? 1,500 people showed up to his funeral. Fucking 1,500 people. even tho he just checked reciepts. People thought of him enough to show up. Even something as simple as being friendly and courteous shows, that it does make a impact in people's daily lives.

Be like Shag.
>>
>>17312672
Retard
>>
>>17313036
Spoken like a true Christian.
>>
>>17312491
I'd say do it. It shows you have experience being part of a system.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.