[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/adv/, Are you happy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 11
File: 1.png (18 KB, 761x720) Image search: [Google]
1.png
18 KB, 761x720
/adv/,

Are you happy?
>>
File: 1452088460825.jpg (175 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1452088460825.jpg
175 KB, 960x720
>>17312473
More and more, I believe I'm on the right path.
How are you doing, buddy?
>>
I wish.
>>
>>17312473
I was. But some things have kind of fallen apart and I need to regroup.
>>
File: 1454465903096.gif (3 MB, 400x206) Image search: [Google]
1454465903096.gif
3 MB, 400x206
>>17312473

Yes.
>>
File: 123456.png (338 KB, 406x389) Image search: [Google]
123456.png
338 KB, 406x389
Nope

I feel like a walking Auschwitz experiment with my dorsal slit failure. Can't have sex, cause it hurts too much.

I'm not asexual, but it seems to be my only realistic choice.
>>
File: hapinessisforchimps.jpg (244 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hapinessisforchimps.jpg
244 KB, 1920x1080
pic related
>>
>>17312473
Yes. Nice of you to ask.
>>
sure
>>
>>17312505

It's a solid sentiment, and I hate to detract from it, but asking someone if they're happy often isn't really concerned with feelings of happiness, but rather satisfaction in life. When someone asks if I'm happy, they want to know how my life is going, not whether I'm experiencing happiness at that particular moment.

Still, some people don't recognize the difference, and so pursue literal happiness instead of that which will being them satisfaction in life ("greatness" would be high on that list), so your pic is still very relevant.

OP, I'm only literally happy in transient, fleeting moments, as is the nature of happiness, but on the life satisfaction front, yeah, I 'm doing pretty well.
>>
I'm trying to.
>>
File: 1466562847088.jpg (34 KB, 960x498) Image search: [Google]
1466562847088.jpg
34 KB, 960x498
>>17312473
My life is pretty much in ruins right now and I'm trying to gain some level of it back, but I keep falling down to the same level I was before, so no, not really.
>>
>>17312502
>he fell for the dorsal slit meme
>>
File: 1454623435252.png (33 KB, 635x362) Image search: [Google]
1454623435252.png
33 KB, 635x362
I actually kind of am, even though I'm not in an ideal situation and I've struggled a lot with depression. Lately things just don't seem so bad, and I'm enjoying my daily life.
>>
File: pepe_sad.jpg (23 KB, 385x385) Image search: [Google]
pepe_sad.jpg
23 KB, 385x385
No. I'm still playing fucking LoL.
>>
Sometimes
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 461x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 461x450
I'm enjoying life and feeling more deeply than I thought I ever would.

Still have bouts of depression, but I can usually get rid of it by myself now. And if I can't, I've got a good support network.
>>
>>17312473
not really but I'm working on it. I'm less miserable than I have been the past few years, so that's good anyway. the weird thing about happiness is that the more you focus on trying to be happy, the less happy you are. it's like trying to breathe consciously.

>>17312922
well that's certainly not helping. LoL is a rage factory.
>>
File: 1452491074243.png (373 KB, 830x974) Image search: [Google]
1452491074243.png
373 KB, 830x974
Nope. Every few months or so I'll be happy, but that's it. More often if I get laid and my brain cucks itself. I'm not unhappy though, just indifferent which I don't mind as long as it doesn't affect my motivation too much. You don't need to be happy to live well.
>>
>>17312929
>Still have bouts of depression, but I can usually get rid of it by myself now.
how do you do that?

>>17312929
>I've got a good support network.
How do you get one?
>>
No.

I wish there was some specific event I could blame, some person that broke my heart, some opportunity I missed. The truth is my life is fine. I'm just not happy.
>>
>>17312922
Dude quit it. It's made me so much better

And it's stopped me from wasting so much damn time.
>>
>>17312473
Compared to most of the world I'm doing pretty dang good. But I feel like something is missing or that I'm not up to snuff. I feel like one thing going wrong could make my life go off the deep end. Is that normal?
>>
I feel neutered emotionally.
Nothing gets a rise out of me anymore, positive or negative
>>
No... because I've had the same UTI reoccurring for 8 months and I think it reached my kidney this week. My kidney is tender and hurts, but my doctor's appointment isn't for another week. I hope it doesn't kill me before then and I still have to go into work because they are pressuring to fire me if I call out sick again.
>>
>>17312947
Same here
>>
>>17312473
Sometimes
40/60 split
At the gym, yeah. At home or work? No. It's silly and generic, but I miss my ex. Over time I'll get over her, but for now it's hard.
>>
>>17312922
How do people enjoy that game? Im not trying to be facetious, genuinely curious about whats so addictive about it.
>>
i wouldent exactly say i am happy. I have moments where i am happy but most of the time i am pretty fed up. I am predominately unhappy because of the way society is, and my environment.

I was a NEET for about a year and a half, it was extremely depressing, therefore i started university. University just reminds me why i was a NEET. Also, the fact i will have to work 5 times a week in a few years is depressing. We have such a large population and produce so many resources that we dont need to work so much, its only this way because of consumerism and shitty education, i am being cucked because people.
>>
>>17312473
The only thing that keeps me going is running and the ideas in my head.
>>
>>17312966
I should add, if I were to kill myself, who would care? No one, so I just keep going. Tomorrow holds good days, even if it takes more than 24 hours for tomorrow to come.
>>
>>17312952
why do you do with the time?

>>17312972
some friends are playing it, or were playing it; updates, you think the next game is gonna be better, you can always get higher if you try harder, grinding for IP/mastery points/chests and keys.
>>
>>17312982
That's what keeps people going. We are all in our heads at the end of the day. Just try to work with the machine and view at neutral not as bad/good.
>>
>>17312990
Work out, started learning guitar, read, talk to some old friends, go out.

Like it's crazy that when I'd come home from work, two or three matches ate up all the free time I had that night.
>>
>>17313012
not the person you where replying to. LOL literally destroys lives, my friends where addicted to this games and they would spend endless hours wasting time on it, to the point where they missed college because they up all night trying rank up or something. games are fun but some people just dont know how to limit their time
>>
I am actually pretty happy. I'm thankful for everything i have, my son is my motivation to get things done, i find the beauty in most things. As long as i keep up the habit of being happy on the outside i can continue to ignore the fact that i'm broken and withering away on the inside
>>
>>17312943
>how do you do that?

I honesty have no idea. It's the same physical feeling as shoving something off your chest but it takes much more effort. I just focus on the depression and push at it as hard as I can until I get up and go do something out of sheer willpower, which usually helps but not always.

That's how I kept at it and actually excelled with my normal routine/school/work last year when all I wanted to do was die. Like a puppet on strings. Shit was kinda fucked up. I got so mad at it for stealing my life that I eventually almost totally threw it, now it's just residual stuff.
>>
>>17312473
No, thanks for reminding me.
>>
File: michael.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
michael.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>17312473
No, I'm not.
I'm lonely and sad.
>>
Not really no, but it's alright one day i'll learn to ignore my state of mind.
>>
Not at all. I'm just trying to distract myself from it by playing games and going for walks. Can't let it get out of control again.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.