[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Invited to my First Ever Party
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: susanna hoffs.png (2 MB, 1199x837) Image search: [Google]
susanna hoffs.png
2 MB, 1199x837
I'm an 18yr old guy in the UK and I've been invited to my first ever party this Sunday. I hardly bother leaving my house so this is a little daunting and I don't know what to expect.

What do I wear? What do I say? Do I bring a gift(it's a birthday)?

A little clarification on these unknowns would be really appreciated, thanks
>>
>>17312365
Assuming it's an "adult" party, there will probably be some amount of booze on offer, yes you bring a gift, and unless you are horribly introverted, just talk to people and mingle.

Also, it isn't expected, but it can be a nice gesture to bring something food or drink related (could be a bottle of cola, a bag of chips, etc.)
>>
>>17312365
It's a birthday party, calm the fuck down. It's not like you're being nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize.
>>
Bring some alcohol, extra to share. Wear casual clothes. Get drunk. That's all there is to it. Don't bring a gift, you aren't 12.
>>
>>17312365
Clean casual clothes - what you'd wear if visiting your grandmother.

Who invited you? If the birthday boy/girl, and if you consider them a friend, some small gift ($5-10) wouldn't be out of place. If you don't know them well, or were invited along by someone else, no gift is necessary.

There will be a lot of standing/sitting around chatting in groups. Some teasing or telling embarrassing stories about the birthday boy/girl. Drink or weed if it's that sort of crowd.

Relax and enjoy yourself. If it becomes absolutely unbearable, wait at least an hour and then make your excuses ("Have to be up early for work") wish the star one more happy birthday, and go home.
>>
>>17312365
Have a few drinks before you go mate. Calm those nerves.
>>
You've been invited to a sesh not a house warming party bring drink and/or drugs and get fucked up
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.