[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pit bulls on my block
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Hey my neighbors always let their 2 pit bulls roam free without leash and this scares me cause kids are on our block. Plus I've always hated dogs especially dogs like pit bulls that hurt people. I have a conceal and carry permit. Should I just happened to talk a walk, see pit bulls rushing towards me, and pull out my gun and blast them off could I get in trouble? Or do I have to wait until they start mauling me first to be legally peachy? Or should I just throw rat poisoned laced meatballs over fence at night?
>>
>>17312336
>I've always hated dogs

Use that gun to kill yourself
>>
>>17312356
Pit bulls are the niggers of dogs.
So i guess it's okay for OP to hate them.
>>
>>17312361
>>>/pol/
>>
>>17312364
why /pol/ though?
that shit hole is for politics, not dogs.
>>
>>17312366
/pol/ is a godsend.
>>
>>17312368
still, nothing related with dogs.
>>
>>17312336
Why don't you just call animal control like a fucking civilized person?
>>
>>17312336
Are they at all agressive? Pit bulls aren't inherently bad, they are usually taught how to be guard dogs etc, but can be real softies as pets.

And either way call animal control. There are probably laws against letting the dogs run free and animal control will force the people to obey said laws or take the dogs to rehome them.
>>
>>17312427
>can be real softies as pets.
There's still cases where a softie pitbull that go insane overnight and attack it's master for no reason at all.
Pitbulls are fucking timebomb

Do it for the kids, OP.
Kill the pitbull.
>>
>>17312429
So? There are other breeds that have been known to attack completely unprovoked. Dogs may be domesticated but that doesn't mean they don't have some crazy ass instincts left over.

It isn't right to murder and animal that could be completely harmless over paranoia. Go through the correct channels and get animal control to deal with it. And if the people ignore animal control you keep calling until they get the message or the dogs are taken.
>>
>>17312336
Your town almost certainly has a leash law - just report him to the cops. Take photos of the dogs off the leash.

Your town may very well have an anti-pitbull law. Ask.
>>
>>17312336
It honestly depends on the owner. I had two pit bulls as a kid, and I have one now. None have ever bitten anyone.

As for legality, if the other family can prove that the dog was well trained (e.g never hurt anyone, raised well, etc depending on the state they can sue you)
>>
>>17312336
Are the dogs on his property? Have they shown any history of aggression. If the answer to the first question is yes and the second question is no, stay the fuck away. Your opinion and fears don't matter.

Look at it this way: if you've got a gun and you're firing it in public without a clear justification you've just become someone else's justification. If you shot my dog on my property you'd have to be prepared to shoot both my wife and I and you'd still end up in prison.
>>
>>17312336
>Will shooting or poisoning an animal get me in trouble?
What do you think, genius?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.