[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who has advice on how I can accept my circumcision? Ever since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: il_570xN.78653965.jpg (19 KB, 570x570) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.78653965.jpg
19 KB, 570x570
Who has advice on how I can accept my circumcision?

Ever since I found out about this, and started reading about the details, I've just been perpetually disturbed by it. Either angry at my parents, or fantasizing about getting "justice" where I get murderous vindication by killing the doctor and people responsible for this.

I fantasize about the far future when my parents are helpless and incapable of caring for themselves, and they're innocently relying on their children to take care of them in their moment of insecurity and then I vindictively and intentionally make their lives a living hell, and remind them of what they did to me while taunting them with questions about "how does it feel?" etc.

Is there anyone here from Judiasm, Islam etc... I'm an American. My parents are irreligious. There's not even an acceptable reason why this was done to me. In cultures with common circumcision - how is it accepted? What do Jewish parents tell their sons for the last 500 generations etc.?

I'm obsessing over feeling like I've been victimized and the culprits never received any kind of punishment. Someone should pay for this ...
>>
Not sure what you are trying to accept? Did you get circumcised? Why does it matter so much to you?
>>
Welcome to the wonderful world of societal expectations.

I'm circumcised (parents are Christian, think they did it mostly for social reasons not religious) but I'm not upset about it, nor have I ever been, because I'm never going to know what it's like to live uncircumcised. It's the same kind of feeling I get when I see incredibly rich/talented/successful people, or pass through a neighborhood of fuckhuge expensive beautiful homes that I'll never be able to afford to live in no matter how hard I work in life, bar some miracle. There's nothing I can ever do about it so why even spend so much energy at feeling angry at the unfairness?

Look, your parents didn't commit a crime. Neither did the doctors. Circumcision is a completely valid surgical operation. Does it suck that it's very often done without consent? Yes, absolutely. Should the tradition be re-evaluated? Probably. But feeling vengeful and hateful isn't going to get you anywhere.

The best thing you can do if you're really indignant about this is, if you ever have a son or sons, don't circumcise them. Be the one who ends the tradition of non-consensual circumcision in your family tree. Chances are your son will appreciate it and will do the same thing for any sons he has, and the cycle will continue.
>>
>>17311808
Do it. Kill them. You'll feel better, and if it gets on the news that somebody was upset enough over it to kill people it might help start a discussion about ending the practice.
>>
>>17311808
>Bad goy.
>>
To be honest, I'm not really sure what to do once one has accepted what the anti-circumcision folks say. I never bought into it in the first place: I see it as the rantings of a few insecure men attempting to seek validation by spreading it as a memevirus. I am sorry to hear that you've caught it.

The biggest thing I can suggest is to focus on, not the circumcision insecurity itself, but the Fear Of Missing Out on which it depends. FOMO is poisonous shit, fed to you by people who wanted to sell you crap. The anti-circumcision folks did not invent FOMO, but they opportunistically play off of it to spread the plague; kill the fear, and you stand a much better chance of getting out.
>>
>>17311903

Pretty much exactly this. OP you are probably going to be angry for a while but it will pass. I'm (mostly) gay and I've noticed people don't really care. Most of the shit you see on 4chan is complete horse shit. I mean how can you even say how it effects sensitivity if you've only ever experienced one or the other? I mean damn I'm circumcised and I wish I was less sensitive.

What exactly are you angry about? It seems misplaced.
>>
>>17311808
What's the big deal?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.