[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm gonna be going to community college since I fucked up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
I'm gonna be going to community college since I fucked up in HS, what should I study/do/work on so I can be part of the social elite by my mid 20s
>>
>>17311765
How elite are you talking? 1%? .1%? .01%? Etc?
Best you can hope for is upper middle class, any higher and you basically gotta be born into it.
>>
>>17311765
>social elite
>attended community college
Pick one, and only one.
>>
Be prepared for a lot of black people that only go because they are on financial aid and welfare.

These black people will act like they are still in highschool - throwing things at professors, making lots of noise in class, cutting class entirely (Hey, they aren't paying for it.)

Honestly I suggest going to trade school instead of community college.
>>
>>17311765
you're a basic consumer bitch desu.
>>
>>17311898
It's the modern equivalent of being a serf.
>>
>>17311870
anon hijacking OP's bread here
If i'm now 25, and don't even have 10k in my saving accounts, is that alarmingly bad?
or i shouldn't be worrying too much yet?
Yes, i have a job right now.
>>
>>17311895
Highschoolfag detected.

Most of the blacks drop out Freshman year.
>>
>>17311918
Actually, he's right
t. Guy with AS
>>
>>17311916
I was asking OP for clarification so that I could better /adv/ise him.

You're fine. I would use some of the savings you have to fund a retirement account if you don't have one.
>>
>>17311922
Guess I went to a better CC?
>>
>>17311912
I guess. There's something worse about consumerism though since it's semi-volunatary. Serfs were slaves, consumers are sharecroppers.
>>
>>17311928
Yeah. Consumerism is dishonest slavery. This is why Marx will ultimately be vindicated.
>>
Not op but I have a college question. Can I go straight for a bachelor's degree or do I have to get an associate's before the bachelor's?
>>
>>17311969
Yeah, if you can get into university.
>>
>>17311969
Associates is optional.
>>
>>17311765
Saved 9k by going to a cc and transferring to a csu. Have friends who went to ucla, usc, and nyu who graduated at the same time and make way less now. Maybe they're smarter or well rounded than i am, maybe not. I don't give much of a fuck though either way. Anyways, shit's all about picking the right major and focusing on whatever lands you a job right out of school in my opinion. Hell, work while you're at school if you can. And trade school isn't a bad route either man, least from what my friend says. Dude's an electrician with his own business pulling 90k a year doing commercial jobs with a crew of 5. Alternatively, if you want to use college as a time to explore who the fuck you are, which pretty much all kids do, that's cool too. Less stressful when you're not spending 15k a semester is all i'm saying.
>>
OP here, a more specific hopefully scenario
What would I have to do to get my self a nice big 1 bedroom I living room clean apartment in SoHo by the time I'm 25
With enough money for a great nightlife and designer clothes. That's about the money I wanna make
>>
>>17311890
Plenty of socially elite people went to community college. There's nothing wrong with them at all. People are generally less motivated/serious than traditional 4-year colleges but who gives a shit if you're competent.

>>17311895
Yeah alright buddy
>>
>>17311969
Your associate's degree is generally 2 years of your 4 year bachelor's program. If you follow the 4 year program, you can apply for associates after your second year and get the degree, and continue on or walk the fuck out.

>>17312920
Some goals you have. I'm giving up on OP.
>>
>>17311765
>be me
>have a regular customer at my retail job
>I tell him I am transferring from community college this fall so I wont be able to see him at work anymore soon
>he tells me he did the samething too. He went to community college, then transferred to UCLA for undergrad, then went to Harvard Business School for his masters degree
>then he tells me he ran for office afterwards
>"oh, what did you run for?"
>to be a senator
>mfw I look him up on Google and see that it's true
>>
>>17311895
This literally doesn't exist
>>
>>17311870
Not billionaire/millionaire elite, I just wanna be able to live in NYC/LA and be able to afford designer clothes (fashion is a hobby of mine and rn I save up for each piece I have) and have a sick nightlife without having to worry about finance. Don't need a mansion or million dollar cars
I'm saying $300000+
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.