[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Texting thread? I was gonna post this on /soc/, but since I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Texting-Tips.jpg (84 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
Texting-Tips.jpg
84 KB, 1024x683
Texting thread? I was gonna post this on /soc/, but since I'm asking for help I figured I could post it here too.

My phone game is way too weak, every time I get a girl's number we hit it off with the texts for the first week or so and then after that it's just a trickle. We still talk, but there's nowhere near the level of rapid fire messages we used to send.

And I mean, I know it's normal, but since I'm a paranoid shit all I can do is keep thinking that this is the day this girl stops talking to me and tomorrow will be the day that other girl stops talking to me, etc.

So please, to all the anons that actually have good phone game, I need to know how you can get a girl sending you messages faster than you can reply.
>>
>>17311588
It's not your phone game. It's your "refuses to go beyond the phone" that is messing up your so-called "game."

You're better off carrying on conversations with Siri. At least she can access information quicker.
>>
>>17311588

>I'm a paranoid shit all I can do is keep thinking that this is the day this girl stops talking to me

I know that feeling. well, you just have to be interesting enough to the girl you are texting. There is no real advice on how to do this, because it all depends on how both of your personalities click together. But a girl who is now a great friend of mine started out like this. Everyday we'd text we'd send a few messages back and forth. And then I wouldn't get reply. I'd think the same thing as you, but she ALWAYS got back to me. I would have to remind myself "she always gets back to me" and she does! But I think this only happens because she likes my personality.
>>
>>17311588

the trick to good phone game is to not talk on your fucking phone.

you have good game for a week. then you run out of htigns to say cuz humans arent meant to text each other. women lose interest cuz you seem interested yet refuse to actually ask em on a date.

after the 'getting to know you' portion, texting is used to check in, send funny pictures, and to confirm plans for the next time you hang out.

what are you waiting for anyways?
>>
>>17311588
I would save some of the good conversation for in-person, like ammo. A good rule of thumb is to just keep her talking about whatever she wants to talk about. gl
>>
>>17311606

I mean, I meet up with most of them weekly, and I work with some of them so I hold real life conversations better than I seem to hold text conversations. idk man, thanks for the input though
>>
Why are you trying to get with coworkers?? Weird.
>>
>>17311655

no dude, why do you assume I want to get with every girl I talk to

I just mostly talk to girls because I've always been more comfortable with them, but now I can't even do that without feeling paranoid.

besides, coworker sex is way too messy, already left a job because of that.
>>
>>17311649
I'm not a man, but you're welcome.

>>17311640
Yeah, do this. So when you become that guy that just nods his head without ever having any input of his own, you won't have to worry about why you're getting replaced by Chad, who does the same shit but looks hella better.
>>
>>17311665
Yeah, because that's what I said to do.
>>
>>17311679
>A good rule of thumb is to just keep her talking about whatever she wants to talk about. gl

Nah, we don't need to hear anything of substance. This is why guys run around saying "all she ever does is talk about herself" because of advice like this.
>>
>You're supposed to ask them out after a week of texting
FUCK
>>
>>17311691
He's trying to get these girls on the line longer. Being engaged in the conversation, but letting her lead the conversation will achieve that
>>
Not OP, but related question. Today I accidentally hit spacebar in a new message prompt, and when I tried to delete it so it wouldn't save as a draft, I accidentally hit send and sent a blank message. How fucked am I?
>>
>>17311715
Depends on your previous messages beforehand and how often you text her.
>>
>>17311740
Before that we had been arranging lunch a few hours prior (just as friends). We don't text daily, and usually it's just for arranging times to hang out.
>>
why are you playing games anon. maybe try being genuinely interesting instead. i don't talk to guys who are boring af.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.