[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to break up with my gf. She moved in with me a year ago.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: received_1046526208702280.jpg (29 KB, 600x583) Image search: [Google]
received_1046526208702280.jpg
29 KB, 600x583
I want to break up with my gf. She moved in with me a year ago. We were together for 7 years. I haven't been able to play video games or hang out with my friends or relatives in months at a time. Can't really do what I want.

Please help me. I am agitated around her nowaday but she has nowhere to go if I kick her out. She has no job due to a disability. But gets $750 checks a month.

I really want to be single forever.
>>
Don't use her life as an excuse not to live yours.

She'll be fine, there's no reason to feel guilt. You're probably just rationalizing away your own personal fears.
>>
>>17311444
Thank you anon. I'll do my best.
>>
>>17311444

this. drop her like shes a racoon you thought was dead but turned out was a live and has bitten you several times.

there are a thousand reasons not to do something. do it anyways. its not your job to take care of her. you did not get married you did not make a vow to take care of her for the rest of your life.

tell her what you feel and figure it out. she'll sink or float. but its not your fault if she sinks.

sounds like you both need this.
>>
>Can't really do what I want.

Why not? Sounds to me like its your place, and she moved in with you. You don't have to kick her out. Just do what you want and fuck whatever she thinks or says about it. If she bitches, just tell her she has the option to just split anytime if she can't stand to see you doing things that make you happy. Its time for you to take back the pants in this relationship and reclaim your balls.
>>
>>17311428
It's your house, treat it accordingly. If you aren't married, then she can really have no expectation of you.

She gets her disability check, she'll be fine. Again, you aren't married and she is not your responsibility. You can rationalize it all you want, but she's controlling you and that in itself is not the best position for you.

7 years, 1 year together. You've seen both sides of the spectrum, time to move on.
>>
>>17311428
Her problems are just that, HER problems.

I stayed in a relationship for 2 years because I was worried that my gf would kill herself if we broke up.. because she said she would kill herself if we broke up.

I talked to my dad about it. I was fucking miserable, couldn't even force myself to have sex with her anymore. I just hated every second of being around her.

My father told me to end it. That if she does do something stupid, like kill herself, that's not my problem. If she has a shitty life, the only thing I can do is bring myself down to her level, can't make it any better no matter how much I want to.

So I broke up with her, and she tried to kill herself, and failed, because she was a failure at everything. Fucking waste of life.
>>
>>17311428
you didnt say why you cant. if you want to leave her so much then just ignore what she makes you do while she stays there
>>
>>17311532

so much this. its stupid to think that we are responsible for anyone elses happiness. or stability. or anything of that sort.

why waste your life just cuz 'im not sure what my girlfriend woudl do'.

shes a girl, chances are she'll land on her feet.
>>
>>17311503
women have a right to an opinion in the relationship too, if you think having the "pants in a relationship is how it works youre not gonna have a good time
>>
>>17311532
Dude had the same situation u were in
>>
>>17311532
>>17311516
>>17311503
>>17311538
>>17311444

Thanks for the input everyone. If she doesn't get her way she gets moody and I usually end up caving in and giving her what she wants.

She gets like that with everyone. I care for her but I mostly hate her now. I hate conflict but I don't think I can handle her anymore. She's got mental issues already.
>>
>>17311551

get out while you can man. try to have ap lan but just know that you gotta let the chips fall where they may
>>
>>17311551
Best of luck.

And remember, you're not having a debate about it, it's not a conversation. It's you telling her she's out.
After that's settled, you can have a conversation about when she's getting out.
>>
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 702x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 702x1024
>>17311428
Threads like these make me glad I'm a kissless virgin.
>>
>>17311575
You have no idea how much I have missed single life.
>>
>>17311575
Nah. women are great!
All the bad things you hear about them are just misogyny.

But seriously my advice to you is to get in a relationship that sucks. Don't have sex with her, don't do anything serious, just hang out often and see how terrible people can be.
Don't get invested in it, because it isn't going to work.

That way, when you do start dating, and you get caught up with a girl you want who wants what you have instead of who you are, you'll be better prepared to not get stuck in a spiral or self-loathing like the rest of us.

Also, wear condoms. Even if you hate it. For the love of god don't knock someone up that's going to ruin your life, and more importantly your child's life.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.