[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm fucked and don't know what to do anymore. I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
I'm fucked and don't know what to do anymore. I've been paranoid that I have diabetes as I'm always tired, thirsty, and hungry so I decided to go to the doctor without my family knowing, I'm 19.

Well they did a blood test and I just got a call thst my blood sugar level is over 300 and they want me to come in tomorrow asap to do more tests.

Im 5'8 and 227 lbs, not very active, haven't done any sports since sophmore year of high school, and am clinically diagnosed with depression.

I can't tell my parents this, not only is this shameful that I ate myself into this situation but that I haven't done much in my life to warrant my parents being proud.

I remember when I was ages 6-12 how happy I was and how much I pushed myself to do well in physical activities in order to play with friends. I re did the mile about 5 times in 4th grade because I was sad at running a 13 minute mile. By my 5th try I was down to 10:03.

Nowadays I can't run a 13 minute mile. I'm dissapointed in myself, I've wanted to be healthier but I need someone to force me to do it while being with me every step of the way. I know that sounds lazy and maybe I am so shit.

What should I do? Pic sort of related
>>
tell your parents and tell them you need to go to a shrink too.
>>
Whats a shrink? Also how do I directly reply to somebody here?
>>
Tomorrow you start running again then. Just do one thing each day to improve your life. You either have the willpower to improve, or you don't.
>>
One step at a time huh
>>
>>17311215
Someone forcing you to do it will never work. You have to have that "wake the fuck up moment" and change your life.

Mine was when I was 5'11, 250lbs, and ran out of breath walking up 5 steps. Now I'm down to 170lbs.

No one can change your life but you. Blaming it on laziness or unwillingness is just more delusion on your part to shift the blame away from yourself.
>>
As young as you are, the diabetes can be reversed.

If potentially undoing the damage you think you've done isn't motivation enough.. maybe suicide?
>>
I thought diabetes was irreversible, that's why I am despairing so much
>>
>>17311223
I second this
>>17311232
A shrink is a therapist, it's an effective way of helping with depression just by talking to them, as they're professionally trained and know how it all works, you just have to trust them [spoiler]I know from experience[\spoiler]
>>17311450
And you can fuck off
>>>\b\
>>>\r9k\
>>
>>17312224
>I thought diabetes was irreversible
Underages are not allowed here.
>>
>>17312224
It can be reversed if you lose weight, exercise, and live strong.

It's mainly diet, stop drinking soda and try to avoid food with processed sugar.
>>
Yeah you have to push yourself. The turning point for me was I was 22 /5'10/ 250 and I went to the doctor and I had high blood pressure. It scared the fuck out of me so I started doing yoga, eating healthier and living healthier. The trick is to learn to enjoy exercising, eat better, cook your own food and stay the fuck away from soda.
>>
Funny thing is im never hungry, i only eat when im bored and feel there is nothing to do. Im always self conscious when i exercise as when I tried running I got called fatboy and somebody grabbed my man boob.

I dont run on treadmills because it always shakes violently, I guess I am running wrong.

I do have a goal to accomplish once I hit 22: run 2 miles in under 16 minutes. That would be the life for me. I want to join the army but I cant yet as. I meet none of the requirements.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.