[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/adv/, what degree should I do? I'm probably going to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: that frog when.png (51 KB, 1152x1280) Image search: [Google]
that frog when.png
51 KB, 1152x1280
/adv/, what degree should I do?

I'm probably going to miss my offer for Aerospace Eng (A*A*A/AAB) and come out with A*A*C in Physics/Biology/Maths

Literally what degree is this set of skills useful for
>>
>>17311129
bump

didn't realise /adv/ was this much of a slow board desu
>>
File: 1466379808054.png (142 KB, 415x367) Image search: [Google]
1466379808054.png
142 KB, 415x367
>>17311129
You first may want to check how many job openings are in this field. Then maybe go see a real workplace and check out what kind of work is done.

Are you good with math, physics, etc?
>>
>>17311272
I'm pretty mediocre at pure mathematics

I can get the concepts behind it all but I'm not great at dealing with it in unique settings

I'm fine at applying maths with rigorous formulae in physics and biology and I'm pretty exemplary at both physics and biology

I'm just wondering what sort of degree this is even good for

Like what the fuck do biology and physics have to do with each other
>>
>>17311129
I don't even understand all this A*A*C, A*A*A/AAB shit you've tossed in there and I've been in college since 1902 (feels like).

Maybe you can be less vague or speak in a more universal context so my dumb ass can understand what you're asking.

If you're just asking for the usefulness of those particular degrees, Aerospace Engineering seems self explanatory. Physics can also be Aerospace, as well as product development and production processes. Perhaps you can look at your college website and see what people earning those particular degrees went on to do with them.
>>
>>17311316
Sorry, let me clear this up

I've applied to enter university next year on an Aerospace Engineering MEng or BEng. The grade requirements to get in are A*-A-A for the master's and A-B-B for the bachelor's degree.

I've just sat my exams and my gut instinct is that I've fallen short in my maths and will likely not meet the requirements to enter university for that course.

What I feel has happened was that I've performed very well in Physics and Biology and am likely to leave with A*s in both of those subjects, but only average perhaps a C in maths (a B if I'm lucky.)

My question is what degree would I be best doing/ able to do if I'm very good at biology and physics but bad a pure mathematics?
>>
File: 1466410627309.jpg (25 KB, 216x395) Image search: [Google]
1466410627309.jpg
25 KB, 216x395
>>17311284
Not everyone needs a college degree to make money...

Check out the skilled trades?
>>
>>17311333
nice trips

I'm not sure where to start to getting in to a trade desu and I'll probably just head into the army if I don't work out what degree I want to do
>>
>>17311337
Which country is this university?
>>
>>17311363
Brexit
>>
>>17311367
I see... I don't know the structure there very well, perhaps it is at least similar to the U.S.

Here in the U.S., your grades get you into the school and your work while enrolled determines your ability to enter certain programs, with a Master's program coming after you've earned a Bachelor's degree.

If it's a prestigious university and you need better grades for entrance, can you not study and retake exams to better qualify?
>>
>>17311381
That would be an option, but I'd be in limbo for a year until the exam season rolled around again.
>>
>>17311388
I see and understand that. If you do well while enrolled can you apply for the MEng program?

In any event, don't give up on what you want to do. If they won't accept you, apply to other universities in other countries. Never settle. You sound like you want the Aerospace degree, so chase that shit like a fat kid chases sugar.
>>
>>17311393
Yeah, you can move from BEng to MEng if you aren't a shitter

>Apply to universities in other countries

I don't speak any European languages aside from loose German and Germany is a shithole

I can't afford to move to and live in the USA never mind the tuition fees and medical fees when I get shot
>>
>>17311401
>medical fees when I get shot
touché

Scholarship heaven though if you aren't a "shitter."

>BEng to MEng if you aren't a shitter
Don't be a shitter.

Just do well in the BEng program and it'll work itself out. I wouldn't invest too much stress into it, unless they have Lions and Tigers waiting to eat you if you don't score well.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.