[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any anons over the age of 29? As an average looking, average
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: xaviergirl.jpg (80 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
xaviergirl.jpg
80 KB, 640x480
Any anons over the age of 29? As an average looking, average height male, does the selection of women get better when you turn around 30? (provided you have a solid income and aren't fat). Wondering if I should just focus on my future and career for the next 6 years here and weight untill prospects get better.
>>
>>17310796
wait***
>>
File: 1467098176079.gif (130 KB, 190x190) Image search: [Google]
1467098176079.gif
130 KB, 190x190
>>17310796
It does, women will find out that when they hit 30s that men won't give them as much attention so they lower their standards and are more desperately looking for someone to plant them with their seeds.

Just focus on improving yourself, be it by lifting, finding a hobby or just working then having it develop into your passion. Also get some tips in /fa and perhaps grow a stub?
>>
File: on the ball.gif (98 KB, 760x307) Image search: [Google]
on the ball.gif
98 KB, 760x307
Waiting to be happy at some point in the future is not a good life strategy.

But, having said that, 32 was about my peak for attracting girls.
>>
>>17310814
Right on, sounds good brother. I used to date all of the girls in highschool. As soon as I got out of highschool, ZILCH NOTHING. Never knew what changed
>>
>>17310820
True anon, that's what I want to work on. I want to work on being happy without women. (sour grapes type of thing I guess)
>>
29 and single reporting in

Fucking terrified, tbqfh
>>
>>17310856
30 and single and I want children at this point. I don't want a woman to just "settle" for me. I'm scared fampai.
>>
>>17310856
>>17310891
HEY you guys aren't lightening my brain burdens. My condolences tho, do you go on dating websites? Or actively search? How much do you make a year?
>>
>>17310896
Dating websites don't work for me. I don't know how to "actively search" in real life. Past gfs were all co-workers. I work a steady job now and there are no interesting people here, but the pay is good. $70K/yr
>>
>>17310796
33 here. Depending on how well you take care of yourself, yes, the selection can improve. The key is fitness, income, fashion, and how well you can relate to young women. Also key is being able to keep your distance and not fall into the trap of getting into a serious relationship with a child. Then you take yourself out of action for that many years and it just turns into a huge regret. Before you know it, you're fat and bald because you wasted all your time and energy on some idiot child.
>>
>>17310896
I'm not looking right now, just trying to make more money so I can afford to import.
>>
33, average face, athletic build, 64k salary here.

Work on your social skills. Don't be a shut in like me.
>>
>>17310796

I believe yes, because women around 28-30 stop being so picky about men
>>
>>17310814
actually all that will be left are feminists, women with dating problems, or women with a kid.
>>
>>17310796

Yeah, absolutely, though for me, my prospects got steadily better year by year until I got a girl that's way out of my league, and somehow fooled her into marrying me.

Before meeting her, I'd had plans to disregard women and acquire currency, but when I met her and was very smitten right away, I decided to just take a shot and see what happened.

I was a guy who never got laid or got a date in college unless it just fell into my lap. Like, only when fate conspired to get me laid did I get laid, and I never did well with any of the girls I was interested in and pursued.

At 25-26, I started trying harder to not let my failures get to me, and just keep trying to get some sort of ability talking to women. Had marginal success, and decided to take a break and focus on my career. Noticed more and warmer attention from girls as time passed, but didn't pursue anything except once on a whim. Then met the now-wife, and the rest is history.

I'm not sure whether my dating scene really improved all that much for me, or if I just won the lotto with the one girl I really wanted. Feels like both, though.
>>
File: Photo on 6-15-16 at 4.29 PM.jpg (149 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 6-15-16 at 4.29 PM.jpg
149 KB, 1080x720
Not trying to hiijack thread, but I'm 28 and I feel OP as well as the other older anons in here. I feel old. I need to lose about 20o r 30 lbs, and I'm in the process of being tested for various thyroid conditions/autoimmune disorders. Unlike the basic bitches, I spent my twenties exploring my interests, working hard in grad school as well as caring for my family. I may have to get a professional degree, but otherwise I'm set. Now, being social, interacting with new people scares me. I hate clubs, I don't really frequent bars. I wasn't really social in college because all I did was study and in high school, everything was a piece of cake as my town was small. I just want to know now, should I stop kidding myself on the notion of marriage? I can handle being forever alone, but still want to find the right guy...
>>
>>17311648
I would say you should put full effort into landing a good husband. You might need to lower your standards slightly, but you can still find a good one if you bring something to the table.

Still, ticktock
>>
File: giphy.gif (2 MB, 460x259) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2 MB, 460x259
>>17310796
>Wondering if I should just focus on my future and career for the next 6 years here and weight until prospects get better.

You should always focus on your future, motherfucker! Dafuq is wrong with you?
And I'm pretty certain that the better your life is the more options you get with who you socialize with, date, and sleep with.

I'm celibate, a virgin, in my 20's, and I friend zone females like silly putty. Here's some advice:

* Be cool with them. You'll learn some of their tricks and how to avoid getting played.
* Be careful with sex in the West. It's getting riskier for males, especially on college campuses (Title IX is a mofo).
* Always remember, the less of a fuck you give the more she will.
* Watch some Turd Flinging Monkey and Feminism LOL on YouTube. They will teach you much about females. Namely "All Women Are Like That" and "MGTOW: She'll Never Love You (Special Edition)."

>>17310814
>Just focus on improving yourself, be it by lifting, finding a hobby or just working then having it develop into your passion.

^This is pretty much what I've been doing.

>>17310906
>Also key is being able to keep your distance and not fall into the trap of getting into a serious relationship with a child.

"Women are children." -Diana Davidson
"This is how women are. They're children." -Turd Flinging Monkey
I guess you're referring to childish children who don't at least know how to act like an adult.

>>17311181
>I'm not looking right now, just trying to make more money so I can afford to import.

You'd be better off exporting yourself.
Bringing someone to your country will only taint them and enable their nature. Watch "TFM's Guide to N.A.W.A.L.T." (https://youtu.be/mN1ZlGIBbBg?t=10m53s) and "News: A.W.A.L.T. Syrian Refugee Edition" (https://youtu.be/nVODWZBf3O8?t=1m13s).

>>17311593
>decided to take a break and focus on my career. Noticed more and warmer attention from girls as time passed

Career + Not Giving A Fuck = Female Attention
Do you see now, anon?
>>
>>17310821
well yea the age range is what changed 18 for males is pretty much the most competitive ecosystem since your up against basically all adult males but can't really date down because of the law
>>
>>17311563
he doesn't need someone the same age
>>
>>17310796
>solid income and aren't fat
That's bullshit. I'm 30, not fat or frail, and I make 70k CDN AND I'm still forever alone. I
>>
Wow, you guys are all around the same age as I am... late 20s to early 30s

I was sitting at my desk just now thinking about the late 2000s, when was enamored in the world of 4chan, memes, raids... time sure flies

I will pray for you every one of you in this thread. Jesus says in the Bible, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Put your burdens on Jesus, trust in Him, read your Bible, stop sinning, and turn to Him

Time is truly running out
>>
>>17311882
>>
>>17310796

I turn 30 in a few weeks.

I'm not overly concerned about my future prospects. I still get to live an amazing life with my friends, where we travel, party, take advantage of our great incomes, and feel like the world is still ours to conquer. I just got a great promotion.

So, don't set artificial deadlines. Keep fighting for the best in your life, and use your youth to adventure while you still can, with no holds barred.

The women will come as long as you keep improving, but don't pretend you have no chance until you hit a certain point. Just go with the flow.

>>17311648

You're not in a bad situation - it's awesome that you worked so hard, took care of your family, and fought to be in a good spot. As a pretty well off guy at about the same age though, I can say, most women in your situation have forgotten how to be fun. That's not an indictment of you by any means, but it reminds me of a girl I used to date that was deep down a caring person, and had a great job and prospects, but was so closed off that it was hard to find it comfortable to continue.

She explained that she had to put up this shield around guys at work, to seem strong and fit into the workplace, which I can respect, but just getting her to loosen up either took half a bottle of nice whiskey or an hour and a half of shitty jokes and heavy effort. I couldn't handle it.

Yes, you're going to be challenged to find "the right guy" at your age, because most attractive and successful men are in relationships, but if you approach life like it's fun and worth living, you'll be okay eventually. I believe!
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.