[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rant: Yesterday, my dad had surgery for torn rotater cuff thing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: 1463457188074.jpg (37 KB, 600x445) Image search: [Google]
1463457188074.jpg
37 KB, 600x445
Rant:

Yesterday, my dad had surgery for torn rotater cuff thing due to a fall at work. They're paying for everything so he can heal but now he's idle at home. Talked with him this morning about how he should take some time to chill out, but I knew that wasn't gonna work. I can hardly sit still either, especially if I'm injured.

Got a text this morning saying that he was vacuuming and moving furniture around because my sister, her baby and partner were coming over and the place was too messy for the baby.

I call him up:
>What are you up to?
>Vacuuming, the baby is coming over
>You can't do that, Dad, please chill, do it for me at least
>I'm not the only one in this house that knows its dirty, who else is gonna do it
>ask [sister's partner] to do it while you guys hang out it the kitchen, and when I come over next week, I'll clean the whole living room, I promise
>fine

Mom calls me later to tell me Dad's pissed because she told my other sister and my sister told me.

He can't get any sleep because of the achy pain in his shoulder, and he's getting antsy and depressed. Understandable. Problem is that I live 2.5 hours away and can't do shit besides call him once a day to talk about it.

~TL;DR~
Dad injured, isn't chilling like he's supposed to, don't live close enough to actively help.

How the fuck do I handle this?
People get really depressed from this kind of stuff all the time.
I don't want him to re-injure himself, or worse.
>>
>>17310779
Dude, Dad's are the most stubborn human beings on the planet. My Dad broke his tibula and fibula from falling off the roof back in 07'. A WEEK later he was cleaning the pool in a damn wheel chair. They're the hard working generation, hands down.

You just gotta let him do his thing. He'll find out the hard way.

>I'm not a robot
>>
>>17310786
It doesn't help that he grew up on a farm in Kansas either. It's all about grit and sucking it up for those guys.

He's getting older though, if he fucks up bad enough then there's no bouncing back from it.

Captcha pics had a sign that says "STOP: MEN AT WORK"
>>
File: d-frollo-hell-1.png (302 KB, 567x582) Image search: [Google]
d-frollo-hell-1.png
302 KB, 567x582
>>17310779
bump
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.