[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
help For two days now my ringfinger and pinky are numb, it starts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
help

For two days now my ringfinger and pinky are numb, it starts with a stinging under my shoulderblade going down my arm it becomes a tingling sensation and finally numb at the fingertips.

I tried sleeping on my back, getting exercise, stretching the fuck out of my back but it seemed to only make it worse :(

what do I do now? how do I sleep to make it better? I have to wait 12 days for my doctors appointment but it gets worse every day!
>>
>>17310581
Go to the emergency room I guess, sounds like something serious
>>
Sounds like a pinched nerve. It's not life threatening just annoying as fuck. All you can do is do stretches for shoulders and arms.
>>
>>17310581
you can try a chiropractor, but i will say the only time i ever had that exact issue was due to a chiropractor visit
>>
>>17310581
Spinal root impingement on the effected side. Source: i have the same evil thing.
go to an er now. The pain will get worse.
>>
Ulnar nerve neuropathy
>>
I had these symptoms but I'd say see a doctor in case its something else...

For me it was a pinched ulnar nerve took 8 months to heal completely. Most of the pain was off in month 5 but the things was still inflamed. Keep off it, dont lean on your elbow and favor the arm. Also I had to take ibuprofen and tylonel to manage the slight swelling/pain after month 1 (had a prescription that was too strong at first and I couldn't function).

If it's a pinched nerve you can test it by keeping your arm folded (like touch your hand on the injured side to the shoulder of that side) and keep it for a few minutes, you should notice it hurts more. If it doesn't compress the nerve directly (do not unfold arm). Firm pressure where it runs, this should spark the pain.

If neither of these make the pain increase it may be pinched at the top of the neck But more likely its not a pinched nerve.
>>
See a doctor. Even if it's just a pinched nerve, which is probably is, if it worsens it can cause loss of sensation and atrophy. Address it now before it gets worse.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.