[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ive been getting stoned everyday for 3 weeks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (100 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
100 KB, 1280x720
is this bad for my health, im currently at college and i havent seen any negative impact on my work infact i think im actually doing better

is smoking weed bad for you
>>
>>17310207
marijuana is addictive and harmful when used at a high frequency and/or long-term.

better to deal with whatever is causing you to smoke so frequently rather than become addicted to a bandaid.
>>
>>17310207
Yes. It's called a gateway drug.

http://www.drugfreeworld.org/real-life-stories/marijuana.html
>>
>>17310207
everything is bad if you overdo it
you will feel like shit for few days after you stop but by third day it should pass
try smoking just over the weekend
also, do you smoke clean or spliffs?
if you smoke spliffs you might actually crave tobbaco in your joints
>>
>>17310245
also, you will build too high tolerance if you smoke every day which mean you will need more and more just to get mildly high
>>
>>17310242
Gateway drug meme plz, alcohol is much much worse yet a lot of ppl do it erryday, they didnt go to heroine right?
>>
>>17310207
yes it is. the plant itself ive heard has a buch of benefits. BUT smoking it isnt really the best way to get the benefits. Try eating instead. dont listen to the 420blaze it kind. fucking eat thats shit and get healthy
>>
>>17310255
Alcohol isn't a gateway drug, it's bad for society all on its own
>>
>>17310207
The act of combusting any substance and drawing it into your lungs is bad for you. Pot is definitely not as bad as cigarettes so long as your smoking straight buds and not mixing in other shit.

That's literally all. There are no negative physical health benefits associated with cannabis if you don't smoke it, and say vaporize or consume edibles instead. And even healthy adults ought to be able to straight burn it so long as their respiratory system isn't fucked from other shit.

Just remember, all things in moderation.
>>
>>17310284
>nobody has ever gotten wasted at a party and taken something they wouldn't otherwise have tried

Literally gateway drug.
>>
there are millions of people who smoke weed every.single.day with very few breaks inbetween. some of these people remain socially active, successful, etc while others become amotivational, home-bound recluses.

physical effects - daily toking can eventually lead to bronchitis and other airway problems, as well as reducing your stamina and overall respiratory health unless you exercise vigorously every day, don't smoke cigarettes, have a healthy diet, etc. in other words, to smoke weed daily and stay healthy, you really have to keep track of your health and take steps to reverse the daily damage that is coating your lungs in marijuana smoke residue. overall, if you're health conscious, you can smoke weed on a daily basis for years without much of an issue.

psychological - varies with each person. some are susceptible to schizophrenia, psychosis, bipolar disorder symptoms that weed seems to unlock or trigger, while others remain the same happy go lucky people as ever. it's a risk you take, since you don't really know which you'll be. personally speaking, smoking weed on a daily basis from my mid-teens onwards caused absolute chaos in my life and severely altered my life path. when you alter your brain chemistry every day, things are likely to go a bit haywire, especially when you're younger and your brain is still in development mode. it tries to adjust itself to the daily drugging but things can go wrong, resulting in emotional issues to say the least. one of the biggest things to keep in mind is that when you smoke weed, you give yourself an instant euphoric relaxation, removing the creative tension and dissatisfaction that actually fuels many of life's pursuits, so it's very easy for some susceptible people to become couch locked amotivational life dropouts who don't care about anything except getting high. they lose all ambition, become content being nobodies, and ruin their lives subtly as the stoned days pass.
>>
Its been proved that long-term recreational use of cannabis affects white matter (the information roads of your brain) integrity, besides being able to trigger many underlying psychopathologies
>>
>>17310469
Yeah if you're a pussy
>>
>>17310207
Weed is like masturbation, everybody says it's bad but everybody does it.
>>
I've smoked weed for over 20 years, the last 5 heavily. The only problem is that it does cause some lung problems. I can still run half marathons no problem, just cough up shit every morning. Other than that, no other health problems. I'm probably healthier than most people that work out and don't smoke. When you're on it, it does affect short term memory. You'll forget stupid little shit like where you left your keys, but long term memory and cognitive abilities aren't really affected. People that say a bunch of shit about "shitty stoners" probably know doctors and business owners that have been smoking for multiple decades. It's way more common than people think.
>>
>>17310482
>yeah if your a pussy

[citation needed]
>>
>>17310207
It's placebo. You're making yourself dumber. Maybe more introspective and empathetic, but dumber all the same. Especially if you smoke early in the day. Once you smoke, you have a haze over your mind the rest of the day. Wait until you have work done late in the day or at night.
>>
>gets drug tested tomorrow at work
>>
>>17310645
>cough up shit every morning
>short term memory loss
DUDE WEED LMAO BILL GATED TOKES IT TOO, I'M A SMART SUCCESSFUL MEMBER OF SOCIETY AND NEVER BEEN HEALTHIER
>>
>>17310901
what he's coughing up is just the excess mucus produced by his lungs and airways to protect itself from the daily smoke, it's a defense mechanism, not some dead serious pathology. it's a way the lungs clean themselves, but it does sound nasty hacking up mucus all the time, and it does happen with daily smoking whether cigs or weed (not sure about vaping).

the short term memory loss is not like "omg blacked out on xanax and don't remember anything!" it's more like "man, me and my friend were discussing nietzsche for like an hour and then all of a sudden i forgot what my train of thought was and we started talking about something else instead". it's rarely the sort of loss where you feel a frightening loss of awareness or self-control, even while mega stoned, it's just a hazy "wait... wut?" thing.
>>
File: dohg.jpg (164 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
dohg.jpg
164 KB, 900x900
>>17310298
>no negative physical health benefits
lol wut
>>
>>17310921
btw to anyone reading, if you only smoke weed and you're at that point where you cough and hack up thick seemingly endless amounts of mucus throughout the day, that's a signal for a few week tolerance break. the mucus problem will clear up within 1-2 weeks and when you start smoking again it will take a while to reach that point again. it sucks living like that, always hacking it up, sometimes waking up from sleep wheezing because it's clogging the airway, etc. you're better off taking a break, recovering, and then enjoying even more in better health.
>>
>>17310921
Wow, this rationalization. Coughing up mucous is not normal. He said he forgets where he put his keys, not whether he was discussing Nietzsche or Kierkegaard. Thanks for the priceless post either way, and kill yourself you degenerate stoner.
>>
>>17310928
or you just stop smoking weed like any self-respecting adult would.

it's funny reading these testimonials and this insistence that weed is practically harmless. that shit can fuck you up long-term.
>>
>>17310207
do you get the racing heart when you smoke? Thats the only thing that gives me anxiety, and its the only thing that keeps me from smoking every day.
>>
>>17310735
>that haze is clarity of thought free from worrisome thoughts and misguidance
>>
>>17310207
hey hey hey
smoke weed every day

in seriousness though, i have not gone a day without smoking in almost 16 years. im doing just fine. if it helps, it helps.
>>
I've been smoking every day for the past 5 years.
In that time I passed university with high marks and got a comfy job.

Don't fall for the lazy stoner meme.
>>
>>17310207
Don't listen to any anecdotal "evidence." The fact of the matter is that in the U.S. there has been very little research on the effects of marijuana due to the controlled substances act and the placement of marijuana on that list.

Most studies will present you with data that the Feds have allowed that supports the laws of our system. THC studies (those allowed), therefor, are some of the most biased studies that we currently have.

Marijuana can cause psychological consequences, but it's more likely to be attributed to the chemicals used in growing processes. There are no legitimate studies to say otherwise.

It's not harmful in moderation, but you should know if there are chemicals used in the growing process that you inherently end up smoking/digesting.

I use it for college and deep thinking on certain materials as well and it does help. I have never found it to be addictive, personally, but I do know of others who struggle without it, but most are addicted to alcohol. I suspect they use marijuana to get rid of side-effects of their alcohol abuse.

You should do your own research and come to your own conclusion for this subject.
>>
>>17310933
Weed is more harmless than just about anything you will find in a pharmacy. No one bats an eye if you're taking anti psychotics or Adderall or lithium or Xanax or whatever. Compared to that shit weed is harmless (unless you're predisposed to schizophrenia or anxiety) even shit like Tylonol and ibuprofen are more dangerous.
OP don't listen to this fag. As long as you're getting your work done, and not doing stupid risky shit, you're fine.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.