[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some reasonable ways to personally deal with rejection
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 104649002237.jpg (42 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
104649002237.jpg
42 KB, 640x360
What are some reasonable ways to personally deal with rejection when job searching? I've been going through the application and interview process for a good few months now and every time I end up falling short, most recently being the guy just one out from the position.

I know that wrapping things up on a good note with the company in question and just digging into more potential applications is my only real choice here, but for lack of a better way to put it, I'm starting to feel really demoralized.
>>
>>17310039
welcome to the job market for the perfectly average applicant.
>>
>>17310051
Oh, I absolutely understand that. It wasn't like I wasn't expecting rejection through this whole process or for it to last as long as it has, but I'm still finding it a bit harder to keep going as the rejections start to stack up.

I just need suggestions on healthy ways to keep myself motivated and active in this rather than letting it get to me.
>>
>>17310051
Yeah, if someone isn't approaching you directly about a job then expect a lot of rejection or silence until you finally make a cut.
>>
listen to Tai lopez and you will feel like a tiger out for hunting seriously dude's legit when it comes to motivation
>>
>>17310279
reported for shilling a jewtube channel
>>
File: Decide.jpg (59 KB, 540x459) Image search: [Google]
Decide.jpg
59 KB, 540x459
There's a lot that's beyond your control, so focus your energy on the things you do control.

Make your goals things like sending out a certain number of resumes, making a certain number of phone calls, searching a certain number of sites, and brushing up your job skills.

Feel good about the things you've accomplished, and eventually the wind will blow your way.

Good luck!
>>
Even for skilled jobs it's common that you don't even get a reply to a job application. They don't give shit that you took an hour or so filling in their form and personalising that cover letter because they get dozens of applications and most get a 30 second glance before going in the bin. Best not dwell on it, get used to applications being fire and forget, then it's a pleasant surprise when one comes back to you.
>>
Lmao op. I've been playing the same game for a year now. I no longer give two shits, even when I get calls. Great them the same way they treat you.

I did get a job offer at one point, but it was pointless because there was a clause that states essentially, that I wouldn't be able to use the knowledge I gained there for a year after I left.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.