[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, I'm depressed and I figure rather than feeling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
Hey guys, I'm depressed and I figure rather than feeling sorry about it, I might come here and ask for some solutions for this depression.

Luckily for me, it's not about a girl, but it's still about being lonely. I'm not quite single, but I still feel like I don't have any friends. I just got back from college, and am facing a year here again with my parents and have very little to no money. I'm in the process of getting a job, but I don't expect much social life from it as I'm looking to work a toll booth/security rather than meet people.

I'm just not quite sure how to make and meet new people, and I'm looking for free ways to do so. Money is tight enough now that I couldn't afford a drink at most bars. Parents are helping me out a little bit financially but I know they don't have much so I'm not about to go back to them (plus, I'm old enough now that it's about time that I actually take care of myself).

So what are some of your suggestions? What are some ways, post-college that you guys make friends? How do you get yourself out there that you find really work?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks guys.
>>
Bumperino
>>
>>17309740
don't have an answer but virtual support for you, OP. you can post your kik and have lots of online friends. it's something
>>
>>17309763
Thanks man. I should probably think about reactivating my kik now that I'm back home that's a good idea actually
>>
One last bump, then I'll stop
>>
>>17309815
waiting for your kik then. goodluck
>>
>>17309740
I'm in the same boat as you. Mostly I try to talk to other people in my classes that are relevant to my degree as I will most likely see a lot of them in future classes.

I have made acquaintances and hung out with a guy once. But mostly I just go to the gym to avoid thinking about being alone...
>>
I know it's not easy, but the thing that helped me the most was having a girlfriend. I met a lot of her friends, and friends' friends or boyfriends and made new friends that way and also went out a lot more. Depending on the girl, you can really feel like you have a soulmate and best friend which will always be better than 5 "regular" friends, in a sense. I still feel lonely and like I don't have many "real" friends at times, but it's a start and I have a feeling it'll get better for me and I'm already 100% more confident and happy than I used to be.

Going out at night helps too. If you have any hobbies then getting involved in a scene or whatever is good. Also using social media is the easiest way to schedule things or meeting up with someone. Maybe even try Tindr if you're not too put off by it (I haven't used it personally, but I've heard it's not just for sex).

Moving somewhere else with some sort of plan in mind helps a lot, but this is a big step most people aren't willing to take. A more social job helps a lot. I forced myself to move out of my parents place with a roommate I barely knew and got a job where I spoke with a lot of people, and that's how I happened to meet my gf.

All these little things help a lot, and if you're lucky to meet the right people at the right place you'll make some good friends. Bare in mind after your 20s it's not as easy to make friends because people are already "set" but it's not impossible either.

Take care of your appearance, smile, keep your back straight and try to talk more also. Going to the gym is a massive bonus, you'll look and feel better and have something to do.

That's my advice as someone who was completely alone before and is slowly but positively making it change.
>>
>I might come here and ask for some solutions for this depression.

Prepare to be disappointed.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.