[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to become normal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1464801179880-co.png (9 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1464801179880-co.png
9 KB, 240x240
Thinking about trying to completely change myself . Sick of my nerd self and thinking about being a cliche Chad

Anyone have any tips on this ? Any specific hobbies / interests that I can go try and explore that are "normal "?
>>
>>17309668
Normies don't have hobbies. Their hobbies are their friends. Watch sports but don't get too into it, have fun talking to girls, be with your bros, and keep vidya to a bare minimum.
>>
>>17309704
Thinking about leaving vidya behind anyway . Rarely play it .
Also I hope to plan to play football when I quit being fat.
Also , I should leave my bf right ? It's going to be hard because he is EXTREMELY attached
>>
Chad's don't have hobbies. If you want to become the"normal" you perceive, then expand on what you do. What are your "nerd" hobbies?
>>
>>17309739
Comics a little
Dnd
Anime
And art is my passion
But I imagine Chad doesn't have passions . He just drinks and fucks chick's.
>>
>>17309704
>>17309739
That's so stupid. Chads as you see them do not exist. Not having passions or hobbies does not make you a Chad, quite the contrary. People are attracted to other people who are passionate about stuff (as long as it is a socially acceptable passion/hobby)
You want to be a Chad? No problem, start lifting, learn how to talk to people, put effort into your image (and smell) and make friends who also do all of that. Of course, it's easier said than done, but that's all there is to it, it's not about hobbies, or passions or anything like that. It's all social skills and looks (and basic stuff like hygiene, of course).
>>
Being "normal" has nothing to do with your hobbies and everything to do with your lifestyle. Play video games, watch anime, whatever. Do what makes you happy. The important part is HOW you do it.

First step: Set goals for yourself that have value in the real world. What do you plan on doing to earn money? Set aside time in your day to work towards these goals - job searching, studying for a test, learning skills you could put on a resume, etc. You need money to live and be independent of your parents. It is very important to find a source of income.

Next step: secondary, non-money-related goals. Do you want to improve your health? Set diet and exercise goals. Become a better artist? Set aside an hour or two of your day drawing, making music, painting, or doing whatever interests you. Keep in mind that video games and anime are fine to enjoy, but only for a couple hours at a time.

Last step: social life
This is the last step because it helps a lot to have your own life in order before you start trying to make friends. This usually happens at your work, or school, or at the gym - places where you might meet people with similar interests.

If you are working hard towards improving yourself, people will admire you for it, and you'll gain confidence and pride. This will help a lot when trying to make friends or seduce a girl.

Don't think of it as 'changing' yourself, more like improve yourself. It takes hard work and above all persistence, but you can do it, and the results are worth it.
>>
>>17310069
>normals believe this
What are your hobbies ? I think I do well emulating them
>>
>>17310575

I love anime and playing video games. I have a gf, an 2br apartment with her, a good job, and we both go to the gym 3 times a week.
>>
>>17310691
That all ? Gym sounds nice but anime and video games are a no go
You get to be like that , not me
>>
>>17310697

I mean, I like other things too. Those are just the only "nerdy" hobbies I have. My point is that liking geeky stuff doesn't mean your life has to suck. Just don't spend 8-10 hours a day grinding on your MMO character
>>
I'm wondering if it's even worth the effort of trying to persuade you from anything.

Who the fuck wants to be anyone but himself? People who are fucking boring. That's who. Stay yourself, you sad fuck.

The more you accept yourself for who you are, the happier and more 'interesting' you'll become, because, guess what? The only people with personality are the people who aren't striving to be someone else.
>>
>>17309732

>Also , I should leave my bf right ? It's going to be hard because he is EXTREMELY attached

if you're this self dissatisfied that you like nothing about yourself, then you must not really care for him all the much either.

you should probably start the process of not having any relationships until you figure out what the fuck you want, or you'll get more people who's attachment level is alot different than yours.
>>
>>17310712
I have a job and a bf(who I may leave ), and I haven't plate da mmo in a while. Honestly don't even play much video games at all
I've spent my entire life being myself , now it's time to change who myself is . I need a clean slate to become a new person
>>
>>17310715
>bee yourself
Who determines who you are ?
>>
>>17310725
Based on that question, I'm assuming someone else chose for you.
>>
>>17310733
I mean do I get to be who I want to be ? Is it my genetics ? God ?
If I get to he who I want , then I want to be different than who I am
>>
Thanks for the anons in the beginning helping me out . Can't wait to be laying different qts and making my dad proud
>>
>my nerd self
you are already normal
>>
>>17310799
Well I don't like this self
Want to be the self who liked guns and sports
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.