[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I keep losing friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
When it comes to people that I was never that close with, I can take that rejection, thats fine.

But what hit me hard is when this guy I was really close with for two years at uni, can't even be arsed to say goodbye to me when it might be the last time I ever see him.

He keeps saying he'll call me or message me cos I can tell he feels bad he's avoiding me, but he never does those things. In fact everytime I call him he tries to end the conversation as quickly as it started.

Why does this keep happening to me?
>>
I'd like to know about this as well. What could be the underlying reasons?

Is the problem within you or the friends? It shouldn't be happening all the time.
>>
>>17309418
Most probably both.

I think I can be an annoying person, but still, even an idiot can see that I have been really close to some of these people yet they all leave in this exact same way.

Is this normal? I feel I'm right to be freaking out like this.
>>
Are you a girl? If yes, then maybe he likes you and don't want to carry those feelings for too long so he wants to forget you.
Or maybe he's just an aloof person and can't really express himself
>>
>>17309444
I'm a guy, but its guaranteed that i've made friends which simply aren't good ones, but can all of the good friends I thought I've made be aloof and unable to exoress themselves?

I just think there must be something wrong with how I behave.
>>
I feel you OP.
I have lost every friend i made except for one.
It's effectively as i only exist if they see me.
>>
>>17309446
I can think of three ways to approach this problem.

1. Move on like nothing happened and make some new friends.

2. Ask this from someone trusted. Or ask your avoiding friend.

3. Close your eyes and never make any friends again.

>>17309456
Do you ever feel like you're shadowbanned from life?
>>
>>17309476
Thinking about it, I'm constantly changing as a person. The person I was when I met this friend two years ago is not the same as now. By how much of a difference I think is quite a lot, but I'll never truly know.

I think I might be a more agreeable person in the future.

>>17309456
I'm glad to hear someone else feels the same. When this kinda thing happens you feel almost uniquely defected.
>>
>>17309476
Not exactly shadowbanned.
It's like i only ever exist, to others, when we are in the same place.
>>17309485
There was a time where i felt really down because of it, but now it's just expected. I know i'll become irrelevant to them a soon as we lose any contact so i don't devolop anything for them.
>>
>>17309345
hes trying to use a defense mechanism from being sad or letting u know he doesnt like you like that
>>
>>17309500
Some people are just doomed to be alone I guess.
>>17309513
I'm not gay for him, if thats what you mean.
>>
>>17309500
I feel you, now I do the sale, I don't get in touch except if someone gets in touch with my first.
I'm a very aloof person, I have big difficulties connecting with people. Maybe I'm just unlikable, but how can someone like you if you don't even like yourself
>>
>>17309554
>how can someone like you if you don't even like yourself
There are many crazy people out there.
>>
>>17309560
Can't wait to meet one then, but it will be complicated from my room
>>
I hate making friends in a new place, just to find that gradually people form their cliques or getting close to someone and leaving me alone, its happened to many times.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.