[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/adv/'s philosophy thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: S2e1_Wander_vs._Dominator.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
S2e1_Wander_vs._Dominator.png
2 MB, 1366x768
So outside of this whole "waah waahh my gf left me, teen drama, teen anxiety and depression, temporary sadness" bullcrap.

How about we get a genuinely intelligent or at least mid-intelligent philosophy thread?
Things like... are millions of dollars going to make you happy if you're a disfunctionally bad person incapable of happines, social activities and being content?

Is life hard or is your brain hard to function? Is it worth staying alive in an incredibly boring money-based world where the physics and logic is as dry-wet as the handicapped way we are born? Imagine if you were born in a high-fantasy world where you have completely different pros and cons.
Is non-existence and having standards really so bad? What if there really is life after death? Consider that there are 6 billion people on this planet and you could have been born as any one of them, being randomly selected to exist in their body and brain for 80 years, then imagine those multi-billion planets out there all with life on them. What if you were born an alien?

Are you defined by your genetics or are you capable of making new neuronal connections to save your brain from stupidity, autism and sociopathy?
>>
>>17309184
You made so many assumptions already for a philosophy thread.
>>
>>17309184
>Are you defined by your genetics or are you capable of making new neuronal connections to save your brain from stupidity, autism and sociopathy?
Nope. Free will is a myth.
>>
An intelligent question would be one that hasn't been asked millions of times, nor has been answered.

What you are proposing is, "Playing" the intellectual.

Just, go read some books.
Plenty written by much more revolutionary folk than you'll find around here.
>>
>>17309200

And religion is a joke
>>
>Things like... are millions of dollars going to make you happy if you're a disfunctionally bad person incapable of happines, social activities and being content?
Your premise is stupid. No one is incapable of happiness.
>Is life hard or is your brain hard to function?
Try again
>Is it worth staying alive in an incredibly boring money-based world where the physics and logic is as dry-wet as the handicapped way we are born?
Look again
>Imagine if you were born in a high-fantasy world where you have completely different pros and cons.
Fabulous imagination there bucks.
>Is non-existence and having standards really so bad?
It's neither bad nor good, it doesn't exist
>What if there really is life after death?
Dumb again.
>Consider that there are 6 billion people on this planet and you could have been born as any one of them, being randomly selected to exist in their body and brain for 80 years, then imagine those multi-billion planets out there all with life on them. What if you were born an alien?
We are aliens. You weren't human before you lived this life.
>Are you defined by your genetics or are you capable of making new neuronal connections to save your brain from stupidity, autism and sociopathy?

I'm sorry man but you're simply not cut out for philosophy just yet. Head over to /lit/ and educate yourself in the annals of mankind's endeavour to understand itself. Your questions are banal, ambiguous and the musings of a child. There is a lot you are missing if you think this is an "incredibly boring money-based world".
>>
>>17309184
There is no actual good or evil in the world, initally. To acknowledge that there is, first, we must create a belief that good and evil exist (which, there was no belief to begin with) - and then, believe that your idea of good and evil, is the "correct" one - and others have the wrong idea (or belief).

Essentially, each persons reality is highly controlled by their perceptions/belief system.

This is what I have found, when I changed how I viewed things very negativey to having a very positive outlook on life, I'm still not 100% there yet, but yeah.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.