[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /adv/. I just failed my driver's test for the second
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: sad pepe ak.png (229 KB, 559x331) Image search: [Google]
sad pepe ak.png
229 KB, 559x331
Hello /adv/. I just failed my driver's test for the second time now, and I don't know why I'm so shit at driving. I'm a smart guy, but somehow I find driving to be extremely difficult. Anyway, I really REALLY want to get it right the third time I do my test.

Does /adv/ have any tips, besides "drive more"? I'm not an American, so if I want to practice driving I have to do it with a professional driving instructor and it costs a shitload.
>>
>>17309174
You got to tell us more information. What specifically did you fail at? Staying in the lane? Not doing your turn signal?
>>
>>17309174
Also my problem is not with the driving itself (clutch, steering, switching gears all goes smooth), my problem is with the traffic part.
>>
>>17309181
My biggest problems are anticipating what other cars are going to do, and mostly, keeping focus 360 degrees around the car.

I have trouble registering what's going on both in front of me, behind me, and next to me.
>>
Speed limit
Signals
Stop at the stop strip as soon as you can't see it
>>
>>17309196
Oh and check over your shoulder after checking mirrors
After proper signaling
>>
>>17309196
>>17309197
Can I get tips for parking? I have my license, but I'm really inexperienced in getting into spots and backing out of spots.
>>
>>17309201

Say you have an open spot to your right. You'll want to swing your car out to the left a little bit before turning into the spot. That way you have more room to straighten yourself out. It works the same vice versa. Spot to the left, swing out to the right a little bit. But not too much or you'll hit the car in the spot next to the open one. Try practicing in an empty lot.

In terms of backing out. Always make sure no one is driving past so you dont get t-boned. Go out slow, wait till your car is nearing the car's back lights next to you, then start turning/rotating your car. Just make sure you're always checking behind you so you don't hit anyone or anything.
>>
>>17309174
>I'm not an American
So, asian?
That would explain so much

Anyway, professional driving instructor don't do jack shit.

Especially it seems to me your problems are lack of experiences driving on the road.
Just remember this, Fuck them all to hell.
You follow your path, and take care of your front.
That's literally all you need to do.
Take care of what's behind you or your side only when you need to change your lane.

Again, don't overwhelm yourself with this "360 degrees focusing" shit

>>17309201
Also, for this, it's simple as shit.
Find an empty area.
Draw a parking square
Practice on that shit.
>>
>>17309224
No, I mean I don't live in America. Also the guy who did the test with me told me exactly that that was my problem. I just drive and don't look enough around me.
>>
>>17309174
You sound a lot like me anon, a slow learner. I just got my Provisionals and I have the same problems as you. I just got a shady driving instructor. It's a lot easier when you're not under pressure or you have someone breathing down your neck. So I recommend to try and find a shotty driving instructor, pass and you'll instantly see yourself getting better.
Also if you smoke weed then lay off. When I was going for my P's I sometimes had some cones the night before and I found myself forgetting to signal off of roundabouts and small things like that.
>>
>>17309174
Which country you from, anon?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.