[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I overcome anxiety, and how do I become disciplined and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1466489974602.gif (499 KB, 480x300) Image search: [Google]
1466489974602.gif
499 KB, 480x300
How do I overcome anxiety, and how do I become disciplined and follow succesful routines?
>>
File: image.png (85 KB, 419x398) Image search: [Google]
image.png
85 KB, 419x398
Read 7 habits of highly effective people by Stephen r covey. It is worth the money and is not a scam self help book, it is widely praised as an actually good book. Read it. Trust.
>>
>>17309090
Suggesting a book for someone with no disciplined.
Nah, i can see from 3 gorillion miles away it's gonna fail hard for OP
>>
>>17309090
Why is Pepe taking a piss in that field.
>>
>>17309110

I actually like to read books.

More suggestions?
>>
bumping for op, im interested too
>>
>>17309066
With anxiety you have to push yourself to face your fears. Dare yourself to perform that action, and perhaps do it for a different reason so the source of your anxiety is removed from it.
>>
>>17309577
Be careful with this when you do it, but this anon is right. You don't overcome social anxiety by going to the biggest parties you can find, but you can definitely tackle it by meeting up with small groups (and gradually larger groups too) regularly. Anxiety in general works more or less the same way, at least for me.
>>
>>17309066

Go to a doctor. Get blood tests and CT scans to rule out hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, adhd, etc...

If you have hypothyroidism for example no amount of self help and 4chan advice will get you on track.
>>
>>17309590
Yes, of course, don't do anything that is too risky or might introduce some other type of issue that you have to deal with. And don't perform that action for the other reason ALL the time because you will end up associating it with something else.
>>
OP here

>>17309590

Its not actually social anxienty, its more of a general anxiety, like "Have I checked that the lights are off? Have I checked that the tap is closed? Have I checked that I did not give a like to any outrageous publication on Twitter? Have I checked that the instructions the dentist gave to me are correct and I am following prospections?"

Its more of an anxiety mixed with paranoia, dont know how to define that. I did not have that originally, it somehow developed during my young adulthood, and it doenst look I have some mental illness, I know this is just me, but I dont know how to stop.
>>
>>17310551
Yeah, I was just trying to give an example is all, and social anxiety is one of the easier ones to give an easy example for on short notice.

Someone else did mention going to the doctor, which I would recommend. My mom had a rough few years in my childhood that ended up being a thyroid issue, and her quality of life improved immensely when she got treated for it.
>>
File: feeling-good-david-burns.jpg (34 KB, 420x700) Image search: [Google]
feeling-good-david-burns.jpg
34 KB, 420x700
Go to a therapist, most charge with a sliding scale, or go to a support group. Meanwhile read a book on cognitive behavioral therapy and DO THE EXERCISES. You can find pic related for super cheap at probably any used book store, it's an excellent book
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.