[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm 18, almost 19 now, and I've been vegetarian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: vegietarian.png (27 KB, 148x80) Image search: [Google]
vegietarian.png
27 KB, 148x80
So I'm 18, almost 19 now, and I've been vegetarian since birth. Parents raised me that way, I didn't really have an explicit choice. They've told me and my siblings that they don't care if we continue to be vegetarian but I mean social pressure is a real thing and I'm not sure how to tell them that I don't want to.

I was into it when I was around 8-12 but stopped caring around then. I don't eat fake meat anymore, it tastes disgusting. I don't really do any vegetarian things like try to cook creative meals, I'm just a regular person who avoids meat. Overall I think being a vegetarian has had negative health consequences on my life, I'm insanely weak and in horrible shape. So I'm thinking about switching just to improve my own life and make it so if maybe I have kids I don't raise them into this shit.

So what do you think? Should I stop being a vegetarian? If yes, what is the best vegetarian recovery process? I am weak as fuck, I barely eat food as is and don't think I couldn't handle jumping right into a meat diet. I think I would throw it up after a few hours.

Note: I'm home from school for the summer, and it would be more awkward for me to starting eating meat here now. In August, I will be back at school in the fall and the dining halls have plenty of meat options although it's not high quality I guess
>>
>>17308556
There are many degrees of being a vegetarian, you don't say how hardcore or vegan you are.

Nobody says you should tuck into a steak if you haven't eaten meat in ten years.

If you're "vegan", then you can feel free to consume some animal protein that's produced in an earth friendly way. I'm sure you can get some advice from your local health food store.

If you haven't eaten meat in a decade, and haven't paid serious attention to your diet and protein intake, then you need to start slow. Like with milk or yoghurt, preferably organic, and some free range eggs fried in real butter served up on toast.

Having said all of that, isn't /fit/ the place to ask about this, seriously?
>>
Start with some meat you are intrested in and work your way up
>>
>>17308556
>social pressure is a real thing

Being a cuck is also real. And you're one!
>>
File: 1385235432216.jpg (22 KB, 400x395) Image search: [Google]
1385235432216.jpg
22 KB, 400x395
>>17308556
It's absolutely going to be a shock to your system. Start of slowly and ease yourself into it. Buy lean cuts so your gallbladder doesn't explode on you. Tell your parents to fuck off if they give you shit.
>>
>>17308681
Yes. This. Telling your parents to fuck off, when you live in their home and you're rejecting their deeply held life-long beliefs and lifestyle, that's always a good thing.
>>
I think having a well rounded vegetarian diet can be a perfectly viable thing. But if you don't want to do it, don't.

I would start small though, like slowly incorporating chicken into salads and stuff like that. If you've gone your entire life without meat you'll feel sick if you just start eating it like someone with a more typical diet. Honestly I'd talk to a dietitian or something in your position.

>>17308701
It can't be that deeply held for them considering they explicitly said they don't care if their children eat meat.
>>
>>17308701
He's clearly malnourished. Why not?
Either that or he can wait the two months.
>>
You sound like a loser with a victim mentality with your "I'm unhealthy etc". Take some responsibility for your own health care and get fit rather than whining about how your parents don't care. I am pesco and have raised my son's the same but would never "make" them not eat meat. Your parents probably do care but have allowed you to make your own decisions.
>>
File: Decide.jpg (59 KB, 540x459) Image search: [Google]
Decide.jpg
59 KB, 540x459
Serena Williams is vegan, and there's a scattering of vegetarians among the NFL and NBA, so I don't think that's a good excuse for being out of shape.

Long-term vegetarians sometimes stop making the enzymes necessary to digest meat, so you're not going to be able to jump right into eating steak three times a day.

But I have to say, giving into peer-pressure is a pretty lame reason for doing anything.
>>
>>17308556
Move out.
Go to university or get a job.
Live apart from your parents.
Eat what you want to.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.