[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
College freshman help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1466476839721.jpg (67 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1466476839721.jpg
67 KB, 480x640
So I'm going to college to study up on electrical engineering, but there's sort of an issue regarding this. I am required to take a calculus course, but I did not meet the requirements to be able to take it this year, and taking the course any later will cause me to stay an extra year at the university I will be attending. Of course, I can bypass this by taking a trigonometry placement exam and passing it. I have some resources provided for me to study up on, but the issue lies in how I should tackle this. I remember some of the basics from my highschool pre-calculus class, but I don't know how I should approach this. I think my advisor has already assigned me a test date, but I'm not sure when yet- probably soon. I want to retain as much as I possibly can for this. What is a good method for studying an entire trigonometry unit?
>>
Go to OpenStax - it's a website that makes free college text books, and they have textbooks for all basic mathematics, from pre-algebra to several calculus text books. Spend a hell-ton of time reviewing the text books, and you should be golden.
>>
khan academy is okay

weird that one class make you stay an extra year
>>
>>17308436
That looks nice, thanks
>>17308480
>khan academy
Weird, I just got an e-mail from them. But yeah, thanks for the pointer.
>weird that one class make you stay an extra year
I'm pretty sure I was told that under a rhetorical situation in which I don't take the extra class during the summer. I'm pretty sure that was just to light a fire under my ass. But yeah, if I don't take calculus this year, I will have to take pre-cal instead, which will just hold me back.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.