[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to have "peaceful sadness"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: download (3).jpg (4 KB, 164x144) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
4 KB, 164x144
Is it possible to have "peaceful sadness"?
>>
no.
>>
Define it.
>>
I think I'm there. But it's not peaceful for the people around me.
>>
By definition, yes.

Sadness isn't depression, it's merely unhappiness which can be interpreted as neutrality.

Peace is merely whether or not there is turbulence.

You can be fine with not being happy.
>>
Yes, it's diet sadness for people who want to be sad but have 0 experiences with things that actually are sad.
>>
>>17308147
I've been feeling this "feeling" for a while now.

I would define it as a state of mid or long-term sadness where hysteria or panic is not involved. There is hope in the heart, still, but no anxiety or panic is present. The sadness itself derives from feelings of loneliness and extrinsic inadequacy caused by heartbreak, loss of friendship, or severed relationships. It is still fairly easy to think rationally and there is a feeling of togetherness and structure in life, but loneliness and feelings of inadequacy also cause a sensation of melancholy or sadness.

A state of peaceful sadness separates itself from depression by maintaining a feeling of potential and hope, but perpetuates sadness for long periods of time.
>>
>>17308147
>>17308177

More personally for me, I believe it to largely have stemmed from a failed relationship I had with a girl this year. I had been under the impression that we had mutual feelings of attraction, and she continued to send signs to me that would easily be interpreted as romantic interest, but out of the blue it was revealed to me that she had been in love with someone else for much of that time. In addition, I've felt betrayed by people because they have very seldom attempted to see how I was doing with the situation in spite of them knowing how invested I had been, and even signs of friendship with them have stopped.

At first I was a bit panicked, and borderline hysterical, as anyone gets over petty and gushy issues. However, I transitioned from that to a sense of odd acceptance. Nothing else in my life has changed to the point where I feel as though it is collapsing, however, there is a sense of loneliness that I have felt as a result of the initial heartbreak. I can still smile and feel genuinely glad at times I believe, and I feel at peace and rest well at night. But there is a loneliness in my heart that I feel eats away during the day and causes me to feel down and sad.
>>
>>17308177
Sadness doesn't need depression to exist.
>>17308203
You are feeling betrayed and disappointed and sadness is symptom of it, in my opinion.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.