[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mental Health
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1465095381847.jpg (9 KB, 213x255) Image search: [Google]
1465095381847.jpg
9 KB, 213x255
Hi /adv/,

My girlfriend has severe anxiety, depression, and PTSD. She has been extremely suicidal lately (and not in a meme way), and I'm beginning to wonder how to handle it. She told me she is debating admitting herself to a psych. ward because she feels that is, at this point, her only option. She saw a counselor in the past and it was of little help to her.

So I guess my question is: have any of you been to the psych. ward before? What should she expect? As someone with these issues, do you think this is the best/only option?

If you've been in a similar scenario or know anyone who has, I'd appreciate your input. We have been together for years and it's really beginning to worry me. I think she is finally ready to seek help, I just hope it doesn't backfire.

Pls help
>>
File: 5763428843_c0285eb227_o.png (72 KB, 250x272) Image search: [Google]
5763428843_c0285eb227_o.png
72 KB, 250x272
>>17307769
>My girlfriend
>>
>>17307769
I question girls and PTSD. What happened to her?
>>
>>17307792

She was raped multiple times. Violently. It's legitimate PTSD. Certain "'"triggers""" make her absolutely lose it.
>>
>>17307799
Hhhmmmm....alright. I'm a bit of a devil's advocate.

I have had a friend go to a ward before, it was relatively nice and the people there were helpful. He ended up spending about a week there and felt he had learned the things he needed to to move forward with his life.

As for you, try not to bring attention to her past. Don't let it become her ya know? Talk if she brings it up, but remind her that she is more than just a victim.
>>
>>17307769
>2000+16
>dating damaged goods

You dun goofed
>>
>>17307816

I appreciate your reply, anon. That's good to hear about your friend. I'm just worried that the environment of a psych ward would only further exacerbate her emotional state. She's very timid and afraid of people. And yeah, I'm very supportive to her and emphasize her worth all the time. But that's not enough, and she's only getting worse with time. So I don't know what other options exist at this point.
>>
>>17307873
It couldn't hurt to try a ward. If she self-admits, feels like it just isn't working, she can always walk out the doors. She is there for help, she isn't a prisoner.

Best of luck to you and her.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.