[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
25+ advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 499x499
I have a well-paid job which is boring and takes a lot of time, leaving close to none for myself. It's been a year since I've started telling myself "it's time to quit". The problem is that it seems I'm not a corporate type of person. Changing jobs won't solve the problem. I am afraid to go for creative-self-employed or startup memes, I know the risks and not even sure if I have any talent or brains capable of going that way. More likely not. Last but not least, I have my old man and mum who I actually fully sponsor as they don't earn anything. I have savings but you know how fast it goes when you're not employed. Ideas on what to do ? I am tired of being that one cheerful guy who's actually depressed af, that's a shameful display.
>>
Search for something that pays about the same with less hours. Just research it when you have the opportunity and start preparing a resume to send out.

Don't quit until you find something else, that is a rookie move. Perhaps the culture where you work is just one of those soultraps and instead of starting something, look for a startup that has the kind of culture you'd be cool with.

If all else fails, take Xanax and be cheerful on the inside too.
>>
>>17307555
28 year old wage slave office drone here. My life is easy but boring. All I do is coding/help desk work all day. I don't get paid all that well (65k a year) but hey like I said, my life is easy.

I am, however, borderline depressed and tired all the time. I'm simply existing. You could be me in a couple years, anon. I used to be like you all cheerful and happy but now it's all been sucked out. I'm tired, bitter, angry, and generally unhappy most of the time. But I know how to put my happy mask on to appease everyone and tell everyone that I'm fine.

Good luck, OP.
>>
>>17307584
Have you tried changing anything?
>>17307568
I agree about the rookie move. However, Xanax is even more rookie imo. How would you seek for a culture you're cool with? Honestly I want to avoid all those soul traps and work in chill environment, but everything I see around is a goddamn bunch of zealots, or, at the other side, you have castrated nu males with "easygoing and manly" environment which is actually effeminate as fuck.
That can only mean that I seek wrongly, hence my question.
>>
>>17307602
Your first mistake was internalizing /r9k/ and /pol/'s bullshit.
>>
>>17307555
I quit my job and all but changed my career. My new job is in a similar field but the hours are a lot easier, low stress, and more paid vacation than I know what to do with. Ideally I'd be making a living off my passion for art but at least I get enough time off to pursue my passions now, and am working towards making a livable wage off then.
>>
>>17307602
I'm not talented enough of a programmer to get a good paying dev job so I need to be happy that I even have this one.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.