[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dealing with being sober
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Chapter141pg19.png (181 KB, 619x457) Image search: [Google]
Chapter141pg19.png
181 KB, 619x457
I quit drinking about 2 weeks ago. I had been drinking a good amount, 6+ beers a day, for three years. I managed to still be productive in that time, I just finished grad school so I decided it's time to stop now that some of the stress has been removed. It felt like a breath of fresh air the first couple of days probably because I wasn't waking up hungover, but now I feel completely empty and ultra depressed. I feel groggy, sad, and I guess the worst feeling that I have is just general disconnect from the world, like I'm trudging through my day. Does anyone have any advice on these feelings? From the many sources I've read, the general consensus is it takes about 4-6months or even a year for your brain chemistry to completely adjust to not having EtOH. ...Or if anyone has any tips how they got through it, I'd really appreciate it. As it stands now I don't have any desire to drink, I just feel horrible I let it get that bad and it was a really dark fucking time. Thank you.
>>
i would recommend smoking weed for a bit

that said im a fiendish pothead who cant go a day without smoking weed or i want to commit suicide
>>
>>17307468
thanks for the reply, unfortunately I have a really high likelihood of getting drug tested within the next month or so. I enjoy weed a lot but I also kind of want to try to rectify my problems right now without doing drugs.
>>
It'll get easier with each passing day. I tend to do it every semester but ween off after finals with no problem. I haven't touched a drop during the summer with zero inhibition to do so, eithed.

You went cold turkey it sounds, which is more difficult. You can honestly improve your mood just by taking a jog or run through the park, that's what I do at least.

Hang in there, you've made it this far!
>>
>>17307477
Just alcohol withdrawl symptoms, keep pushing and don't ever drink during the week mon-fri. Cold turkey is hard to do and often fucks you up, just set limits where you only drink on Saturday nights and fill the time you used drinking with something else you can do peoctially anytime, buy yourself a bike or go to the gym, w.e you hobbies are other than drinking because I'm sure that became a hobby for you, I was in same boat as you that's how I did it
>>
>>17307468
>replacing one addiction with another
what could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>17307511
smoking weed and drinking aren't remotely close imo
>>
>>17307552
I'm sure the effects are different, but if OP is going to "recover" from one case of substance dependency by replacing it with another, he might as well just skip to the chase and start injecting heroin.
>>
>>17307491
thanks for the kind words, anon. I have the feeling that this is going to take a very long time to feel normal, or not fucking extremely depressed and pathetic. Alcohol is a very bad drug.
>>
>>17307456
6 beers is fucking nothing and I refuse to believe that someone who drinks everyday could even get tipsy from that, let alone wake up hungover. you were destroying your liver for literally no reason.
>>
>>17307571
>if OP is going to "recover" from one case of substance dependency by replacing it with another, he might as well just skip to the chase and start injecting heroin.
heroin isn't nearly as destructive to the body as alcohol though
>>
>>17307597
I use that as an earnest measurement, a six pack was the minimum I'd drink of strong beer, not shit light 4% beer, I'd drink a lot of whiskey too, or drink a bottle of wine and then drink several more beers. Yes, you're right, if I drank 6 fucking coronas I would barely get a buzz going.

I'm no moral police, I've done a lot of other drugs too, but if you think drinking a minimum of 6 beers a day every day isn't a problem you're in the same spot I was.
>>
>>17307615
I'm also 140 lbs
>>
>>17307456
Join a gym. I can't tell you how much better it made me feel.
Also go to that gym
>>
>>17307456
Welcome to sobriety OP. It sucks here.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.