[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Ask the opposite gender anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 12
Before you post a question, check here to see if it's already been answered
Keep your questions short for more answers.
And please no derailing arguments.

FAQ:

>Do girls/guys like <insert specific look>?
>Is my body part big/small enough?
>Am I short/tall enough?
>Would you date a virgin?
><random insecurity>
Some do, some don't. Preferences differ, but complexes are always a turn-off.

>I'm shy and afraid of people/rejection. What do I do?
Get over it by practicing and exposing yourself to it, little by little, step by step. There is no single magical moment that will instantly change you forever. It takes hard work, time, and effort.

>I like someone. What do I do?
Ask them out.

>How can I tell if someone likes me?
Ask them out. This is something that cannot be explained. You either have learned to intuit this or you have not. If you have not, the only way to learn is experience--there are no shortcuts. So it comes back to: Just ask them out.

>Where do I meet girls/guys?
Anywhere outside. Or online. Don't complain that this isn't helpful; stupid questions deserve answers like this.

>Someone did something insignificant. What does it mean?
Nothing significant. Stop overthinking it.
Alternative answer: we don't fucking know.

>XYZ happened. Interpret this for me please
We're not in their head, we don't fucking know. No amount of your walls of text will fix that.

>This person did something that hurt my feelings. Why do guys/girls do this?
Because shit people are shit people. It's not a gendered thing

>Someone has made it abundantly clear they're no longer interested in me. Do I still have a chance?
No

>Where do I go on a first (or subsequent) date?
Pick one or more of the following: coffee, lunch, dinner, drinks, ice cream, movies, zoo, aquarium, museum, art gallery, <activity in your city>

>Brandon, that one guy who keeps asking about cuddling in platonic friendships and fart guy
Fuck off
>>
Ladies, is power sexy?
>>
Girls, how is your view on engineers, nerdy or rather someone how has his shit together, perhaps something completely different? I am asking this because i know no other girls than my waifu.
>>
>>17307324
Not on its own

>>17307387
Nerds, though I might be biased because my brother studies engineering and he's the biggest nerd you could think you. I also tend to question whether engineering is something that the person actually enjoys, or whether they've fallen for the STEM meme. I don't think I'd want to date one, they tend to think logically to a fault, almost like a machine.
>>
Would you ever date a guy who told you he had herpes? Is it a deal breaker?
>>
Fat girls, why can't you put down the fork?
>>
>>17307397
No. Yes.
>>
Would you be in a relationship with an extremely sincere person?
>>
Gals, would you wait for another person who's having a breakup/divorce? What if you'd have one? And if yes, for how long?
>>
>>17307395
>I don't think I'd want to date one, they tend to think logically to a fault, almost like a machine.
I can confirm this is a problem for a lot of engineers.
Painful difference between men and women that makes it hard to find compatible people.

>>17307465
Do you expect a sincere answer to that?
Most people pretend to appreciate sincerity, until they meet someone who is unwilling or unable to lie (eg an autist), then they realize that it isn't as nice as they thought it was in their head.
>>
>>17307465

Is that aimed at women or men? Guy here either way.

That depends, do you mean sincere in the typical sense of:
>I'm an asshole but I'm going to say that I'm "just being honest" to justify it
Then no, never. Now on the other hand if you mean
>I'm not going to lie just to fit in with social convention and to advance my interests
I love those people, but most people hate them because they remind us that we're full of shit.
>>
File: 1466915473588.jpg (81 KB, 714x684) Image search: [Google]
1466915473588.jpg
81 KB, 714x684
>>17307321
Is it nice to be a girl? Would you ever want to be a man? I'd like to be a girl, my problems seem like they'd be solvable if I was a grill.
>>
>>17307480
I do, that's why i'm asking in an anonymous place.
>>17307501
Both.
The later, but not for that reason; simply "i won't lie because it's not the truth".
Example:
>girl spends 2 hours doing her hair and make up
>do i look good, anon?
>i don't think so

>friend changes something in his house
>nice isn't it?
>i didn't like it
>>
File: bill clinton.jpg (26 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
bill clinton.jpg
26 KB, 620x388
>>17307395

>Not on its own

Curse my lack of personality!
>>
>>17307532

Oh, so in fact the former.
>>
>>17307539
Why?
>>
>>17307547

You're too wrapped in self-justification for someone to be able to explain it to you.
>>
>>17307550
It sounds like you are
>if you don't agree with me you are an asshole
>>
>>17307560

>s/he demonstrates my point for me
>>
>>17307562
>he keeps being elusive
>>
>>17307480
>Painful difference between men and women that makes it hard to find compatible people.
It's not a man vs woman thing. If it was, men and women wouldn't get together in relationships. My brother's female friends doing engineering are the same, and I know plenty of guys who aren't like that. It just seems to be that engineering and some other STEM classes attract a certain type of person, who I don't think I'm compatible with.
>>
>>17307570

I feel sorry for you, but you don't want to understand or try to change.
>>
>>17307579
>implying implications
>>
>>17307547
Because sometimes those questions aren't really about YOUR personal opinion. Sometimes the person asking just wants acknowledgement of their feelings about the thing they did and are proud of/happy with/whatever. They are expressing themselves, and you are making it about how you feel. If a white lie is so terrible to you, then maybe something like "Yeah, it's nice but not my taste."
>>
>>17307501 >>17307539
>>17307550 >>17307579
This is the standard bullshit most people do.
>be brutally honest
[something brutally honest]
>wow, you're an asshole

>>17307532
>I do, that's why i'm asking in an anonymous place.
Anonymity doesn't change human nature.
People only like honesty when the truth is nice and easy.
A pretty girl wants an honest answer when she asks "am i pretty?"
An ugly girl doesn't.
>>
>>17307321
Women, I'd really appreciate your brutal honesty, so please, don't hold back. I won't judge you for your nature. I'm just highly curious. Ignore the haters that might respond to your comments.

Can you smell when someone's really turned on? Not during sex, but in a public setting, clothed.

If a man is initially attracted and showing interest, but after a while it falls flat, how do you deal with it? Do you just move on without drawing any conclusions as to why it happened? Was your method of dealing with this kind of rejection different when you were younger?

Are you afraid of being called a slut? Is it something you consciously avoid in day-to-day life? Have you ever been called a slut by other women, or have you seen women call each other sluts?

How often do you get approached in a manner that is satisfying emotionally (this includes guys you'd feel lust for, fuck, and never see again)? I'm particularly interested in the responses of western women on this one, but any nationality is welcome, of course.

Do you feel that there is a lack of proper masculine energy in the western world? That male energy that gets your juices flowing?

How do magnets work?

I'd really like to hear your personal perspective on this. Thanks :)
>>
>>17307623
Basically, there is no hope, right?
>>17307617
Yeah but the fact that the person expects another to lie for reassurance bothers me. It's like lying to yourself through a third party.
It just seems wrong for everyone involved.
>>
File: bachelorsGenders.png (186 KB, 873x907) Image search: [Google]
bachelorsGenders.png
186 KB, 873x907
>>17307576
>It's not a man vs woman thing.
>It just seems to be that engineering and some other STEM classes attract a certain type of person, who I don't think I'm compatible with.
That's the point. This type of person happens to be male most of the time.
>>
>>17307637
Yes, but saying that it's a man vs woman thing is oversimplifying it.
>>
>>17307636
>Basically, there is no hope, right?
Pretty much. You just learn to speak up when the truth is nice, and keep your mouth shut when it's not.
>>
>>17307321
Both men and women:

Does the number of sexual partners matter in a serious romantic relationship?

Why or why not?

Please give your gender and number of partners
>>
>>17307696
>Guy
>No
Because I've never been in a relationship and I'm in no position to be picky if I ever want a chance at intimacy in my life.
>>
How do you get over a girl?
I've fallen hard for a friend of mine who I've known for quite some time now. Unfortunately she has a bf, and I really care for our friendship as it's one of the most genuine that I have, so I don't want to do anything stupid. She has never flirted with me or done anything of the sort, I've fallen for her because of who she is(and her attractiveness helps), I have tried my very best to not leave hints that I like her as to not ruin anything, but I don't know how long I can keep this up as it's making me feel sick knowing that it may never be. But like I said it is a really good friendship.
Wat do?
>>
>>17307696
I'd like to believe >>17307710 but god only knows how my autism would react in this situation.
>>
>>17307696
Male, 2 partners

It matters because I would not want to be with someone who has a drastically different opinion about sex than me.
>>
>>17307696
Female, Virgin

I would like to think that it wouldn't matter but honestly I have only been hurt and taken advantage of by men who are sexually experienced. I think I am just naturally attracted to someone as inexperienced as I am. As with any situation, exceptions can be made.
>>
File: Hitachi-on-Blue-Background[1].jpg (22 KB, 700x425) Image search: [Google]
Hitachi-on-Blue-Background[1].jpg
22 KB, 700x425
my girlfriend has been talking about buying a hitachi magic wand for awhile and seems to have finally pulled the trigger (currently away from eachother until july 5th due to semester break)

are there any non-obvious usages of it? i've been wanting to do the whole "torture" thing where i tie her up and let it do its thing, but that's the only thing i can come up with that isnt just "use it" yknow
>>
Do guys forget exes who hurt them multiple times more easily then nice ones?
>>
>>17307825
i mean it gives really great actual massages like its original intended purpose...
great for tension and soreness in your muscles...
would not recommend trying to use it internally it is pretty big and unless you stretch her a lot it would probably hurt.
>>
Is it immoral to train yourself for more dating with people who you don't find that attractive, on the outside and on the inside?
>>
Is greasy hair always a bad thing 24/7 worldwide?

I mean as long as you wash the hair at least and make the hair look good it shouldn't be a too big of a problem.

It's not like it can start a fire or some shit.
>>
Guys, does it turn you off if a girl has a lot of guy friends, even if she doesn't flirt with them? Is it understandable if she's one of those types who's into sports and vidya?
>>
>>17307878
No, yes.
>>
Can girls accept a short guy 172cm (5.8")
>>
>>17307716
Bump.
>>
>>17307696
Female, one.
The "number" doesn't matter but the way he views sex does - would rather date someone who had sex with 6 girls he was committed and close to than dating someone who had two one night stands.
>>
>>17307878
Guy friends are no big
>>
>>17307898
Yes, of course. You're not that short, you're slightly under average.
>>
Girls
If you like a guy and you both know it, why would you bring up the topic of him hooking up with other girls
>>
>>17307878
If she says shit like "I just can't hang out with girls too much drama" or there are guys in the group that are clearly in love with her than it's a red flag. Even if you're in a guy centric hobby, there are usually other girls in the same hobby. If the girl clearly loves the attention of having all guys around and doesn't even hang with their guy friends' girlfriend the flag is even redder and bigger. I've dated waaaay too many "I'm not like other girls". That said I've had great relationships with girls with more guy friends than girl friends, but they were more the type to just be able to bond with both guys and girls.
>>
>>17307696
male, 3
it matters because i don't want to catch something/deal with someone else's kid
>>17307848
hard to forget exes
>>17307878
it's a big red flag
>>
Girls:

Why do you think men care about how many people you had sex with? Usually the way men feel about something corresponds to some instinct in women and vise versa
>>
>>17307898
There are lots of girls under 5"8, they'd be happy to date you
>>
>>17308002
>red flag

How so? Care to share past experiences?
>>
girls:
two of my friends dreamed about me, one dreamed we were in a war (the three of us) and i died while the other one (the one i like romantically) dreamed i had half of my face disfigured. the dreams are all spooky and shit but the fact the she dreamed about only me is a sign that there's more than friendship, be it good or bad, right?
acording to the dreamsites half a face or dreams that touch the subject of faces mean that you dont think that the person you are dreaming about is being truthful, but then again im not trusting a website about dreams but i found it interesting
>>
>>17307321

Females, How slow is too slow?

I met this girl about a month ago. We went on our first date about three weeks ago. second about two Saturdays ago. Will be going on a third this week or the next. We havent kissed or held hands and we both said we wanted to take things slow. She said she also wants to get to know me.

Is this too slow or just fine? And yes, I do like her enough to go at a natural pace. Whatever natural is.
>>
>>17308099
>im not trusting a website about dreams
>but please tell me that my friend's dream means something because I'm desperately trying to find something (anything) that indicates that she likes me
>>
>>17307848
I can't speak for all guys but I don't forget exes easily. Also there's no such thing as a nice ex
>>
>>17308063
girls with a lot of guy friends, or more so a lack of female friends, are either socially stunted or have a flock of beta orbiters.
>>
>live in a house with ~15 other people
>housemate has a cute friend
>cute friend friend requested me on Facebook a month or two ago
>don't see her consistently/reliably so I decided to message her asking if she wanted to get coffee sometime
>no response
>few days ago I got a friend request from her brother who lives in another town
>checked Facebook today and I'm still friends with him, but he deactivated his account

Based on her Facebook, she got out of a relationship earlier this year and isn't friends with the ex anymore. I don't really have a specific question, but I'm curious to hear what you guys think. It seems like having your brother reactivate his account and friend request a guy in order to stalk him implies a decent amount of interest. Atm, my plan is to just wait and see what happens.
>>
>>17307397
Sadly, the majority of people have HSV and the majority of people also don't know they have it. So a lot of people who will say it's a deal breaker actually have herpes themselves.
>>
I don't come to these threads so idk how often this question is brought up. But I see this thread on /adv/ all the time.

Do you think our differences are designed so that we can never understand them? Why the disparity when we know what we know? Why do we place so much importance on which sex someone is just because being a man makes you feel good?

It's chemical, it's like eating mass quantities of chocolate, except the chocolate is balls.
>>
>>17308343
wut
>>
>>17308144
>no such thing as a nice ex

I have ended relationships on what I designate as a "good note" as in you'll just bantz if you're unfortunate enough to see each other. Only the relationship I'm in, has he insisted that he won't end it unless its so bad he hates me. And I really want to go before it gets to that point. I can walk to his fucking house, I cant deal with this.
>>
>>17307696
Female, 1.

Absolutely. Someone with similar experience and past as you has made similar choices and therefor probably has similar values and personality, making you two more compatible overall.

I think a high partner count within or outside of relationships is bad either way. One demonstrates lack of commitment, risk-taking, lack of self-control or care, and little value of sex. The other demonstrates that they probably have very bad partner choice, are unstable, and are not good at relationships.

Someone who has waited shows patience, self-control, values, forethought, and standards. There will be no risk of jealousy or comparison, and you can have a very special experience being each others' first and only.
>>
>>17308345
I'm drunk. But I feel like we play up the differences between the sexes when there are too many variables to draw a line. We just manage to make babies and whenever we try to establish a system for the qualities of the babies, it fails because we don't accept our differences.
>>
Girls:
If a friend asks you out on a date and you either reject him or in whatever way say you can't do it, does your view of this friend change after that? does it change for the worse?
In other words, will it make it awkward for you when you see that friend again from that day afterwards ever since he asked you out?
>>
>>17308050
Because it's just naturally repulsive when you think about a woman having sex with another man. It makes sense evolutionarily. Paternity uncertainty and all that.
>>
>>17308359
>, does your view of this friend change after that? does it change for the worse?

Not because of that. This happened with my drug dealer, he lives .25 miles away and we ended it with "I don't want to make you uncomfortable" and now I don't get credit anymore. And the shit's light, so he can make money off someone else. He lives with a girl with kids fuck him.
>>
>>17307898
My attractive friend is like 5'2", and she's dating a chubby guy who has maybe two inches on her. The brain problems short people have is a bigger problem than their actual height usually.

>>17307878
Red flag but not a deal breaker. 90% of GAMER GURLS in that situation say that other women are drama, but the real reason is that they adore the attention.
>>
>>17307696
To a degree, yes. I don't focus strictly on the number but the why too. If a woman had slept with 5 men in serious relationships, I'd think a lot more of her relative to a woman who's slept with 5 men in casual hookups.

I don't like the idea of casual sex, and I'm not interested in dating someone who thinks otherwise.
>>
>>17308377
>5 men in serious relationships, I'd think a lot more of her relative to a woman who's slept with 5 men in casual hookups.

What if 3/5 were total weeaboos and one was a motorcycle eyeliner wearing cunt and the other was a hairgel guid? I emptied the condom in front of him as if it were full of septic waste.

No stds. He sucked at what he did
>>
Hey girls what do you think of guys that have a good amount of money but are fairly conservative spenders? I've never been one to spend a lot of money on a girl, but in a relationship girls have always known how much money I've had. Not that there's ever been anything wrong with the girls i've dated, I just typically dont spend a lot of my money except for the occasional big purchase,which is carefully considered and saved up for so it wont affect the rest of my money.
>>
>>17307321
if your gf had her period two weeks early, is it normal to have the period later. I did it with her last week, so im a bit freaked out if shes preggos
>>
Girls,

My girlfriend constantly tells me that she loves me, but has always been the shy and quiet type. However, despite that, I still feel as though she's treating me differently to when she confessed five months ago.

If I wanted to ask if she was truly still interested in me, as her different way of treating me makes me question her, what would be the best way of asking her? I know she's likely to feel offended if she still sees me the same way but is treating me differently unconsciously, but I still want to take the chance just in case she's not interested anymore and is only saying she loves me because she feels obligated to
>>
>>17308428
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. If she has irregular periods in general, then it makes sense if she has them late often.
>>
>>17308413
>guys that have a good amount of money but are fairly conservative spenders?

You show me a man who's good with money
>>
>>17308444
Just about every influential rich person ever.
>>
>>17308446
Yes but on a small scale and disregarding luck. Aka how to tell my bf is is not worth organic honey any more than I am worth cheap wine. Or how to apply objective worth to either of our lives.
>>
>>17308444
Every man from my family as far back as I know. But i'm not saying i'm good with money. I just dont like to spend alot of money even though I have money TO spend
>>
>>17308314
sounds like you two weren't close enough for her to want to go out. she would have to be your friend irl. meaning you two talk therefore you two can how hang out. this is her approach. she simply declined your offering because of lack of confidence in herself, and has no idea how you think. this is obviously a move they are flexing. you should talk about it with your friends because she is a girl and she has most certainly already made you sound like a bad guy to them.
>>
>>17308448
>every rich man is just lucky! in fact all men are idiots they just succeed because muh patriarchy i'd be rich if it weren't for that!
Typical liberal feminist delusion.
>>
>>17308372
your fault for accepting his credit.
>>
>>17308438
I must have worded that badly. Okay so my gf got her period 2 weeks early i was wondering if it was normal to have the period later. And i did her last week so i was wondering what was the chance of her getting preg, yes i used a condom, but the main question is my first one
>>
>>17308372
you invested your time and yourself in this and you blame him. what do you expect.
>>
>>17308372
I didn't read really any of your question but I laugh at you for expecting anything decent to come from a drug dealer
>>
>>17307898
Every man I entered a relationshit with was 5'6" every time
>>
>>17308469
Sorry dude I still have no clue what you're saying. Normal for he to have it later?

There is a chance of pregnancy always when you have sex, even with contraceptives. If her period is late (late = it's been more than 35 days since the first day of her last period) just have her take a pregnancy test. That will tell you more than /adv/ can.
>>
>>17308460
Why would she make me sound like a bad guy to my housemates? What do you mean it's a move they're flexing? Just trying to wrap my head around this since it's kind of an unusual situation. My mom and sister both said it was fine to message her the way I did so I guess im a little confused about why I'm being painted as a bad guy
>>
>>17308499
yeah thats what i meant, if she had her period early

yeah im feeling a bit bummed, like actually not doing it for a while bummed
>>
>>17308482
>I laugh at you for expecting anything decent to come from a drug dealer

This is a mistake on your part. My drug dealer being cucked has nothing to do with you being not good enough to be cucked.

You are dirt. You are the lube that is fag ass poop soybean oil. Don't speak to me arrogant insect.
>>
So I got into a conversation with a cutie girl at college by pretending not to know how something there works, which I actually knew exactly though

Would it be a good / bad idea to say something along the lines of “I have a confession to make, I actually knew how X works, I was just looking for an excuse to talk to you since I think you're cute“ playfully?
>>
>>17308503
>Why would she make me sound like a bad guy to my housemates?
she doesn't know you well enough to be even socially comfortable in your presence. every time you saw one another it wasn't best friends reuniting. you are still a stranger to her, except you live with her. so now she is creeped out. this is all based on her FEELING things not rationalizing things. read on:

>What do you mean it's a move they're flexing?
she felt like a victim. vulnerable to strangers. when a girl is in a situation like this she needs social reassurance. a girl's relationship is never just her relationship. the only way she can get herself up off her feet is from support from other guys. they end up playing the hero or knight, maybe not slaying the dragon (you), but still they adopt the female's perspective on you using their faith, and this is where flexing comes in- them poking at you or picking on you. this is their way of saying "we are checking in on you and do not fear you". it's a very weak move by the girl. but her brother doesn't view his sister as someone with an issue that needs to be corrected. therefore the source of all of this must stem from their family unit.
>>
>>17308548
Do it you white gloved mickey mouse dumb niggr
>>
>>17308555
No I don't live with her. She's a friend of a housemate.
>>
Hey girls

I was best friends with a girl who I liked, so I decided to tell her(knowing she already had a BF), and after some time she told me she couldn't be friends with me anymore after knowing that I loved her

Did I do the right thing?
>>
>>17308610

Yes, you should probably try to move on and not to bother her if she said she can't be your friends. I personally would do the same as her if it happened to me, it just feels awkward.
>>
If I've literally never had a girl show interest in me and I'm not fat, does that mean in ugly?
>>
>>17308647

I can't judge how much you look without a picture, but usually awful personality would be big turn off for girls, well, depending on girls. I don't know you too much so let me ask one thing, do you have female friends at all?
>>
is it actually abnormal to last 1 hour+ while penetrating?

i'm seeing all these posts on youtube/yahoo answers/etc and they're saying they cum in less than 5 minutes most times and im just flabbergasted. im not sure if the people who reply to those type of questions are simply the ones who have the trouble though (like how people will rarely go review a product positively but if somethings wrong they're much more likely to review it negatively, etc)
>>
>>17308647
what do you define as interest? i've had 6 girlfriends in the past 5 years and none of them openly showed interest in me until after i already showed interest in them. everyones afraid to make the first move or be obvious with their intentions, you have to break the ice to let them do it
>>
CK2 is literally the only paracucks game that you can not dislike
>>
>>17308388
>What if 3/5 were total weeaboos and one was a motorcycle eyeliner wearing cunt and the other was a hairgel guid?
As in just casual hookups? I'm not really sure if that would be any better than generic jocks honestly. It's not the type they're going after usually, but the kind of mindset that puts them in those situations to begin with that concerns me.
>>
>>17308448
>disregarding luck
So what, women are naturally unlucky with money? Blow it out your ass, you're just making a claim and blaming boogeymen when reality goes against it.

>>17308709
>10$ game with 160$ in DLC
ayy lmao
>>
To both genders,

When you end relationship, why do you want your ex to be jealous of new person you might want to get?
>>
Girls

Thoughts on a guys beard, turn off turn on? Is that something you notice right away?
>>
>>17308762

Beard is something you should keep clean and neat, I personally like guys with short neat beard than nothing.
>>
File: I am a robot.gif (51 KB, 137x175) Image search: [Google]
I am a robot.gif
51 KB, 137x175
Asking both genders.
How can i fix my headphone wire? It's been acting up and only transmitting audio to one ear, and only works if I shimmy it into a Pacha tier position which barely lasts. It's been really annoying me for days now and I just want to smash this fucker.
>>
>>17308784
You buy a replacement
>>
>>17308791
They're beats shit. I've had them for a year. No where I've seen sold wires solely
>>
>>17308784
>Crack it open
>Find the disruption in the wire
>If it's int he phone part, solder it back
>If it's in the wiring, cut out the damaged area, strip the wire on each side of the wire, coil them together, bind them with electrical tape
Good as new.
>>
>>17308428
> did it
> preggo
Sorry, 14 is not an acceptable age on this board.
>>
GF of 2 years had a birth control implant put in her arm 1 year ago. About 2 months ago she started having a period which is still going on. At the same time she has become less happy, more closed and self-centred, and her sex drive has plummetted. I dont want to pigeon-hole emotional problems in the hormone catagory, but I would like to hear what other women think about this.

Thanks!
>>
>>17308806
>Electrical tape

Excuse me?
>>
To what extent should a girl change herself to be likeable?
>>
I know this is a stupid question, but

If I guy doesn't seem into you, is there any hope? I feel like the ball is in his court since I was the one to ask for his number and text him last, but that was 2 weeks ago and I feel like if I don't do something he won't. But I also feel like I should just take a hint and any more would be bugging him.
>>
Would you prefer to date someone who is similar to you or different to you? You get along as friends.
>>
>>17308974
That's a pretty damn vague question.
>>
>>17308988
Similar
>>
Dude here, when is winking appropriate and allowed?
>>
>>17307321
Ended up making out/cuddling until morning with this girl last Saturday.

She's coming over again Friday night. What's a good movie or show I could watch with her?
>>
>>17307631
I know I'm 9 hours late but since nobody answered you yet, here you go. If that matters to you, I'm 24.

I don't think I can smell that, no. With guys I can barely smell it during sex, much less if they are fully clothed. I think girls smell more intensely, sexually.

I wouldn't say I deal with it in any way. Of course I wonder why he'd stop being interested and if I was really falling for him of course it will make me sad or keep me up for a while, and it might take me some time to move on as you say, but generally I've gotten better dealing with rejection (or disinterest) than when I was a teenager and I imagined a marriage with every guy that glanced at me in passing.

Afraid, no. I dislike it, obviously, though I don't really give anyone a reason to call me a slut, I'd say. I've probably been called one behind my back, again back when I was younger, since nobody is as vicious and possibly jealous as Catholic school girls. (I used to date a girl back at school and there were always whisperings) But I need strong emotional attachment to sleep with someone so I'm not slutty enough to be called one, I'd say. Unless you count drunk jerks to whom "slut" apparently means "won't suck my dick on the toilet".

As I said I've never slept around much but I do get approached occasionally and of course I notice men and women that rub me the right way, as it were. It can be satisfying already to feel wanted, even if I don't actually sleep with the person in question.

I wouldn't say there's a lack of male anything in this world honestly. I know people like to cry about the good old days when men with beards used to kill tigers with one hand, tits and bacon in the other, but I don't feel like men these days are noticeably less masculine, but obviously I'm young and wouldn't know and it'd depend on what kind of men you are around in your life anyway.
What gets my juices flowing isn't masculinity by itself, in any case.

Magnets are fucking magic.

Cheers!
>>
>>17307825
I'm not sure about non-obvious uses but there's some really great attachments for it I'd look into if I were you (or rather, your girlfriend).
Good choice either way!
>>
>>17307971
Are you SURE she likes you?
Either way maybe she's curious about his history, to know what kind of guy she's getting herself involved with, or wants to hear that he doesn't hook up with any other girls.
Or maybe it gets her hot hearing about it, who knows.

>>17308682
I'm far from expert but 1 hour of actual hard penetration is definitely abnormal, yes.

>>17308762
Obviously something I notice, it's literally covering half your face. Personally I don't care much either way as long as it's neat, I like a bit of stubble more than a full blown Santa Clause though.

>>17308985
I would maybe try texting him again and showing some interest, invite him out to coffee or whatever, but hard to tell without knowing either of you.

>>17309012
You're the worst. It's fun and kinda romantic and there's quite a bit of sex.
>>
>>17308988
Anyone.

Im so lonely
>>
Asking either gender, I'm a girl though.

Any advice on how to stop being all fidgety and embarrassed about sex. I'm an open minded, fairly normal person but somehow sex weirds me out, or scares me kind of? I get horny and all that but if I'm in the company of someone else I just tense up completely and am way too afraid to go through with it. Which is hate because afterwards it's super frustrating, I feel like I've let them down and just retarded, not to mention that I'd really like to have sex.
>>
>>17309079
Get drunk.
Just don't be one of those cunts who'll call it rape the next day.
>>
>>17309085
Drinking doesn't really help me, I just can't shake off that embarrassing feeling.
And not much chance of being one of those cunts, my hypothetical girlfriend will then accuse me of rape as well and it'll break the judicial system.
>>
>>17309085
Not that anon, but what if i am allergic to booze?
>>
>>17309085
>>17309094
Oh and if possible I'd like to experience sex to its fullest and remember it too, ideally, so having a shitfaced hookup doesn't appeal to me much in any case.
>>
>>17309101
I didn't mean blackout drunk, just enough to loosen your inhibitions.

>>17309097
I dunno, weed?
>>
>>17309106
That's kinda the problem, they don't seem to loosen easily.
>>
>>17308435

Just write down on notes what you want to ask her and just be blunt and ask her, in relationship, there's nothing more important than communication. People tends to change over time in relationship, if she doesn't seem interested at the moment, I'm sorry but there's nothing that you could change her from that.

But seriously, just ask, it could be just a misunderstanding.
>>
>>17309079
Guy here:

Take your time. Start with kissing, cuddling, then some soft preliminaries to slowly get in the mood. I think your problem is that you are thinking too moch about the end of it (the actual intercourse), but getting in the mood like this should let you be less self-conscious, and less tense.
Again, it greatly dépends on your partner of course...
>>
>>17309121
I was kissing and cuddling and basically kissing all over her. She seemed turned on, but literally only let me see a single boob. How do you go from passionate kissing to snu snu if you keep getting your hand pulled away?
>>
Girls, do you appreciate and take a liking to guys that are really funny?

Because when I meet new people I'm a bit awkward and come off as quite serious but once I get to know them a little bit I become more cheerful and humourious in a surreal manner.
>>
>>17309121
That's pretty much what I've tried. The first time it really all went too fast I suppose, I was together with her for months before we tried anything but when we did maybe we overshot and I got suddenly very self-conscious and afraid and just told her I'm sorry, had to leave and cried on my way home, but maybe that was all just raging teen hormones, from all hot to emotional wreck in ten seconds.

The only other time I've tried so far was recently, and with a good friend of mine so I felt secure and comfortable I'd say. Kissing and touching and undressing was no problem at all, but the moment she wanted to get intimate I just shut down, just like before. So by now it's really pissing me off honestly because I do want to have sex, very much. I dream about it, no joke.

>>17309130
Humor is one of the most attractive and important qualities someone can have, in my opinion.
>>
Ladies
>love this girl
>she has bf
>she contacts me to hang out not the other way around
>should I just cut her off?
>>
>>17309141
Depends how much it hurts to be around her I suppose.
>>
I got kinda mad yesterday with my gf because she kept talking about some shitty twitter app that was about "buying" and being "bought" by other twitter users (it was something about being the biggest fan, but she kept using the terms buying) so everytime she mentioned "some guy just bought me" I was pretty uncomfortable. At the end of the day, I lashed out and said that once I told her I was uncomfortable, I expected her to stop talking about it, not just say "oh it's just something stupid" and proceed to keep babbling about it all afternoon

I let it all out, and got a bit more relaxed, told her it was my fault that I got nervous over it. But now she's the one acting all sad because of how she made me feel, and I don't want that.

I'm pretty tired that everytime I have a problem, she ends up flipping it off, feeling like shit and acting all down, and lets me all day worrying about how she's feeling or how I have fucked up or what can I do better

idk, what do I do? just let all my problems bottled up to not make her upset?
>>
>>17309150
I'm guessing there's no way to prove that I love her without letting her monkey branch to me?
I'm not being part of that monkey business
>>
Girls.... Women....

What is this pride that I always hear so much about? What is this pride that conveniently gets between you, and something that you want?

I had this friend long ago, and she would always spout on about all this pride she had, and how she wasn't willing to part with it over seemingly mundane tasks.

It does annoy me, but I'm not here to criticize it. I want to learn. What do you mean by pride?
>>
>>17308566
Fuck you, you're not a girl
>>
>>17309126
Well if the girl still doesn't want after that, it might be a good idea to talk about it with her. Don't know about the intimacy between the two of you, but communication is essential. You shouldn't be shy talking about sex, cause it solves more problems that you can even think about.

>>17309136
I know about wanting to have sex, it's all natural.
Do you have confidence issues? Was the light on/off? There could be a lot of possible reasons, but again I'm not in your head... Ican't help more than this
>>
File: IMG_20160630_022041.jpg (49 KB, 540x544) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160630_022041.jpg
49 KB, 540x544
Do girls really talk like this?

Shit like this makes me feel, well inadequate
>>
>>17309166
I don't know what monkey branching is, so sorry, no idea.

>>17309175
I wouldn't say I have more confidence issues than other girls? Sure as a teen I always worried about not having enough chest and/or butt and BS like that but generally I'm comfortable and happy with myself I'd say.
Lights were on.
I know it's pretty tough to 'diagnose' over the Internet, but thank you for trying all the same.
>>
>>17309183
Monkey branching is moving from one relationship straight into another
Usually while the original is still ending
>>
>>17309177
No.

Literally the only time they'll trash your dick is if they truly hate you.
>>
>>17309177
I've never once discussed any dicks with anybody, and good riddance too. Do guys prattle on about the girls they fuck not having toned abs, or not enough boobs to fill their bra? I'm sure there's bitches and assholes who do, but I don't think it's the norm.
>>
>>17309187
Ah. Well, I mean, why would you have to 'prove' your love? If she has a boyfriend there's not much you can do about it right now, I'd say.
>>
How do I stop being a clingy boyfriend? It's a LDR, and when she's going out or doesn't answer my texts and whatever I start feeling anxious, and getting paranoid with thoughts of her going with other guys and shit.

I'm pretty sure most of our problems are out of my clinginess... I'm the one that posted >>17309165 and now thinking a bit more about it, I'm being an asshole

So, how to fix my attitude?
>>
>>17309195
Well, I'm not gonna be with her just bc I'm "better" and I'm not gonna be her side-dude
So I just wanted to prove a point and then cut her off
>>
>>17309183
I hope you will overcome your issue, I kinda had the same when I was a teenager, but it sorted out on itself without really paying attention to it. Maybe it's different as a boy but with time, the urge became too strong and made me stop thinking.
>>
>>17309207
You could, you know, trust her.

>>17309210
Why bother? If you enjoy her company and vice versa and you can stand being 'just' a friend, that's good, but if not, don't keep in touch with her?

>>17309212
Thanks Anon, I'm kinda hoping it'll just go away eventually yeah. I mean that's the weird part, I definitely get horny, I'm a sexual person, quite a bit I'd say, so it's really frustrating me that I can't act on it.
>>
Wow this thread is dead quiet all of a sudden.
>>
>>17309165
>>17309207
You need to trust her more. If you can't manage that, then LDRs aren't for you

>>17309177
Only when I'm being silly

>>17309169
I have no idea what you're talking about. Male pride tends to be a thing though

>>17309141
What do you want from her? If you're hoping for a relationship, then don't bother hanging around

>>17309130
Humour and being able to make me laugh is great, but I don't want to date a guy who knows nothing but being funny, nor a guy whose entire personality is the 'class clown' type

>>17309253
How new are you?
>>
Alright, so I've been seeing this girl for awhile and things are going rather well. I've always been in the fortunate position that girls were the ones approaching me, as I'm quite shy, which is also the case here. Up to this point (I'm in my mid twenties), I never wanted to opt for an actual relationship though. Due to this my experience with girls is severely limited in every regard that goes beyond just being friends. I'm not a virgin technically, but its safe to assume that I'm horrible in bed, as my only references are two drunk encounters years ago. She on the other hand is very experienced, as she's had two long term boyfriends before.

So, now I'm wondering whether I should be honest and tell her upfront, given that a proper opportunity does arise at some point, or if I should just tag along, trying my best not to appear too awkward. Which would be less of a dealbreaker for the average girl? Any other options?
>>
Is it normal to dissect a problem in order to get closure?
>>
>>17309283
Personally, I'd rather know beforehand so I can adjust to it. I mean, if she's way more experienced she would notice, anyway, right? When in doubt, I think it's almost always better to be honest with your partner.
>>
>>17308974
As much as the man requires.
>>
Guys and girls:

The wife wants to watch porn with me (in order to boost our own sexlife) but she doesn't want to watch anything TOO obscene.

Female friendly porn, but not too softcore either. Just no close-ups to too much dick and balls, but still "there".

I only watch shit from kink.com so that isn't an option, and I'm clueless about any other porn studio that makes porn like I described.

(Preferably nothing to stream, inb4 >downloading porn)
>>
>>17309334
Well tastes differ widely of course, but I'm a girl who usually doesn't really like porn at all, and I watch Hegre-Art occasionally. It's mostly slow and sensual, massages and such things. Give it a try.
>>
>>17309338
Thanks! Sounds like a good start.

Any ideas for mood creations? I mean, watch it in bed or in living room? I have no idea what I'm getting into and would like a womans input on the subject, and my wife is, sadly, not all that comfortable on the subject but is trying her best.
>>
>>17309352
Depends what you expect from it, I guess. In my last (and only) relationship I figured it couldn't hurt to let my partner know I like porn, and what kind (since I thought it's usually expected of girls not to watch porn, mostly) so I just sat her down on the couch and showed her one of those Hegre-Art videos (something with Emily Bloom and a magic wand, the only porn actress I know by name), it was pretty relaxed and comfortable. We didn't really try to make it sexy though (I didn't even think of that at the time) so maybe you're looking for something different.
Generally to set the mood, as kitsch as it is to some people, I really love candles, the bigger and vanill-ier the better. If you want it to be part of foreplay, I'd say watch it in bed?
How come your wife isn't comfortable with it? Just porn that generally makes her uneasy?
>>
Ladies,

How do you deal with a coworker you know barely by name hitting on you? What shoud or should not be said / done?
In other words: there's this cute young lady at my office, how should I approach her not look awkward or be a complete douche?
>>
Ladies:

If the girl I have just started dating asks me how many women I have slept with, should I be absolutely honest? I went through a long drunken whorish phase, so I'm at 65, 98 if I count the prostitutes.
Is it taken for granted these days that everyone lies in a relationship about their sexual history?
>>
>>17309376
A hundred women, and a third of them whores? I'd NOPE the fuck out if you told me that.
So I guess don't be honest.
>>
>>17309369
Talking about sex makes her uneasy.

We can have sex and both enjoy it a lot, she enjoys her orgams but she can't tell me what she liked about it, can't talk about it the next day (if I bring it up how much I enjoyed it, she'll get shy/mad)

It makes it hard to try anything new. It's sad, because I wasn't always a very sexual person and I kinda evolved, I was hoping she would evolve with me but sadly no. She is trying though, and it was her idea to watch porn with me.
>>
>>17309376
It would gross me out immensely.
Be honest but expect her to dump you, I guess? Or don't say a number and just say "a lot", so she would figure around 20 and never talk about it again.
>>
>>17309301
Yeah, thought as well that I should probably try to play it safe, for the same reasons, instead of going all-in (heh). Thanks.
>>
>>17309376
I'll ask again
Why the fuck do you people count the precise number?
Do you have a diary with their names and 3x4 pictures too?
>>
>>17309395
[picture of that girl with condoms tacked to her walls]
>>
>>17309395
Hey I'm keeping count as well! But then again, 2 isn't really that hard to lose track of.
>>
Girls: As a guy, how much does cutting off my long hair and improving clothing boost attractiveness? Genuinely curious
>>
>>17309415
A LOT.
Someone who takes good care of himself is much more more attractive.
>>
>>17309395
It wasn't that I was actively counting, I just have a good memory. Because many of them were blurry one night or one week stands, the number may be off by 5 or 10 up or down. It's not something I brag about by any means, nor have I ever kept a list or saved photos.
>>
>>17309415
I can't stand long hair on men.

>>17309376
I'd want you to be honest, but I wouldn't ask in the first place. Probably safer to lie or dodge as best you can.

>>17309130
I only date guys that can make me laugh. It's not really a conscious thing I look for, but it's been a trend. Once I realize they're funny, I'm way more interested.

>>17309079
Don't have sex until you can get those feels to go away, or you'll regret it. Relax, find someone who is patient and you can feel comfortable with.
>>
>>17309430
Yeah, but what if those feelings never go away? I'm a pretty relaxed person overall I'd say but somehow sex makes me jittery.
I wouldn't say I'm impatient about it or anything, of course I want to have sex, and sometimes it feels pretty urgent, but it won't kill me if it takes some more time I suppose.
The weird thing is I just can't seem to cross that barrier, everything before that works. Making out, getting touchy, naked, stroked through my panties, but further than that just makes me uncomfortable as hell, I just don't get it.
>>
>>17308108
Guy here. Was in the same kind of predicament. She actually initiated hand holding, but in a pretty genius way. She said "hold on, I've got something to give you", and put her hand above mine, holding it clenched as if she was going to drop something. I put my hand under hers, she opened her hand and dropped it to hold mine. You just have to go for it, she probably wants it as much as you do.
>>
Girls:
If a guy gives you a birthday present that is something you've wanted a lot when you were a teenager, does it make him boyfriend material?
>>
>>17309473
So cute!

>>17309465
Have you ever tried talking about this with your partner or you're too shy to talk about this? He / she may know you enough to help you sort this out.
I think it will take some time, but don't get discouraged Anon!
>>
>>17309482
Definitely thoughtful and kind, but a bit cringey and clingy. I don't let people "buy" my affection.
>>
>>17309486
Well, first time I tried to have sex was a few years back with my then-girlfriend who then bailed on me and pretty quickly found someone who did in fact sleep with her. So that probably didn't help. I mean I don't blame her, but still.
Pretty much the same thing happened again a few months ago with a friend who kinda tried to hook up with me, and again I got all frigid and my genitals shut down, no matter how turned on I was before.
Soo, yeah. I'm broken I guess.
But thanks for the kind words!
>>
>>17309482
no it makes him thirsty
>>
>>17309334
Bumping for more tips
>>
>>17309505
>>17309489
Thanks for the replies! I'll look for better ways to spend my first salary
>>
>>17309382
Well, then I guess you just have to be patient, it's good that she's trying though.
>>
>>17308548
Good.
>>
>>17309524
Go to /biz/, pls.
Don't waste your money, save it and invest it.
>>
>>17309531
Meant for
>>17309510
>>
>>17309531
>go to /biz/
>they'll tell you to buy cryptocurrencies
>>
>>17309533
Got it! thx
>>
Ladies

For guys, what is an attractive metaphorical mentality right before having sex?

If I were to refer to myself (another "self") as a "caged animal", would that get you riled up and horny? Of course, assume deep eye-contact and heavy breathing from my side among the other body languages. This would be in regards to our first time making love.
>>
>>17309539
That'd honestly be pretty ridiculous.
>>
>>17307696
Yes. It matters. I suppose it kind of matters how they acquired those sexual partners though too. I'd be receptive to someone who had 10 LTRs and 10 sexual partners but if someone had 1 LTR and 10 sexual partners, then I want no part of them. It tells me that we view sex differently and I don't think I'd be very compatible with a slut.
Male, 1.
>>
>>17309540
It's not as ridiculous as I wrote it out to be, she's the kind of girl that enjoys that stuff and I'm a good talker.

Just looking for more ideas of ""triggering"" things to say since I play well in that department.
>>
>>17309552
Well if she's into that kinda dirty talk then I suppose that works. Or tell her she drives you wild, or makes you go crazy, I dunno.
>>
>>17309334
Ask her what kind of porn she wants to watch? If you're trying to spice things up, I suggest a roleplay porn. ie. Nurse/Patient, Teacher/Student, Husband/Babysitter

That kind of thing. Throw in a "we should try this sometime" during viewing and you've just opened yourself to a whole lot of new ways to have sex.
>>
>>17309173
It's a co-ed house jeez
>>
why would my ex boyfriend (who i'm still in love with but he doesn't know it) delete me off of snapchat last week and then re-add me last night????
I don't snapchat him ever by the way i'm not like sending him a million a day or something
>>
>>17309583
>delete me
Doesn't want to see your face anymore.

>re-add me
Can't help but keep tabs on you.
>>
File: weird_anime_moments_03.jpg (20 KB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
weird_anime_moments_03.jpg
20 KB, 700x393
>going trough a rough patch with bf
>going to be alright, but i distanced myself and told him to pls give me some time and space to go back to "normal" again
>he does the exact opposite
>won't leave my side when i'm not at work
>has to CONSTANTLY have some kind of bodycontact
>tells me "i love you so much" every 5 minutes. sadly, i'm not exaggerating here
>sometimes just looks at me teary-eyed
>texts me IMMEDIATELY when we part ways. even IF I GO TO THE TOILETT

i get it. he's affraid to lose me and needs reassurance. but holy crap this is going way too far.
how can i help him not be so fucking clingey 24/7 without hurting him?
>>
File: DonorEggs.png (631 KB, 700x465) Image search: [Google]
DonorEggs.png
631 KB, 700x465
A question for females.
Would you be open to the idea of using a donors egg to become pregnant, but with your SO's sperm?
You would still be the one becoming pregnant, how ever it would be someone elses egg.

Strawpoll for those too lazy to type.
http://www.strawpoll.me/10628995
>>
>>17309645
There's a good chance you can't unfortunately. As someone who used to have a serious clinging problem, I'm here to tell you, it's a him problem, not a you problem. I'm not saying your actions didn't exacerbate the issue, but just that this is something he has to work out on his own if he can work it out at all.

Just talk to him. Tell him that you love him and still want to be with him but he's started acting weird recently (I assume he wasn't always this clingy) and you want to know what can be done to change it because it makes you uncomfortable. Try and keep it simple, and whatever you do try not to put the idea in his head that you might break up with him or it's just going to be worse.

And then, like I said, be prepared for none of it to work and him to be this clingy or worse for the rest of the relationship. And all that implies.
>>
>>17309657
depends on the reason to do that. if not because i have some really horrible inheritable ilness i would be pretty offended
>>
>>17309657
If it was because my eggs were fucked up or because of some genetic shortcomings, then yeah probably - assuming I'd ever want to have kids.
What other reasons would there be?
>>
>>17309663
>Tell him that you love him and still want to be with him
i tell him that daily. it gets better for about 2h, then we're back to mega clingey again.

>might break up with him
well, the rough patch we had was just short of me leaving, so that IS his fear. however, i told him i won't just break up with him and try my best to work trough this. but i can't see it working out like this. it's extremely draining.

what made you be so clingey? did you ever got over it? if so, how?

>be this clingy or worse for the rest of the relationship
urgh. i couldn't handle this...
>>
>>17309664
>>17309672
We're in a society where halfies are usually marginalized and bullied a lot.
and bullying here isn't like it is in the west, here its reallllly bad. here its more normal for an entire class (and teachers) to pick on a student rather than the typical few bullies in the grade that is prevalent in western schools.
A child who's just from one heritage or the other would have a much easier time in both school and the work force.
Would that still be a non-reason?
>>
>>17309645
>but i distanced myself and told him to pls give me some time and space to go back to "normal" again
This is where you fucked up. If you can't talk your way through rough patches, then you're not cut out for relationships.
>>
>>17309699
>Would that still be a non-reason?
yes. why date "me" if you have a problem with my heritage?
>>
>>17309675
>what made you be so clingey?
Social idiocy, mild autism, general lack of human relationships

did you ever got over it? if so, how?
It got better as I got older because eventually I realized I was doing it. It's more of an empathy thing, he's so worried about what actions you may or may not take, he's not giving any thought to what HIS actions are doing to you because of these thoughts. It's understandable if he's having serious panic type emotions about losing you, but it's still not good for the relationship.

It's really a mind over matter thing on his part. He has to believe that you're sincere in your desire to stay and work out your problems, unfortunately he just might not be mature enough to do it. I understand the toll that kind of behavior takes on a person, I've seen it first hand before. It's cost me in the past and forced me to reevaluate my own behavior going forward, if worse comes to worse maybe you'll do the same for him.

Unsolicited additional opinion, if you were so close to breaking up with him beforehand I don't know why you didn't just go through with it. I'll never understand people in on again/off again relationships. If it didn't work the first time what makes you think it's going to work now?
>>
>>17309699
Why did you go out with a nigger in the first place if you had these kinds of fears?
>>
>>17309706
>can't talk your way through rough patches
well, i tried. but he was logistically unreachable at that time. but i know you're right.
>>
>>17309713
>Why did you go out with a nigger in the first place if you had these kinds of fears?
She sucks really good dick dude
>>
>>17309645

I'm going to assume you're autistic.

"I need some space" has been code, for decades, for "I'm going to cheat on you, so suck it, bitch." You don't seem to have meant it that way, but that's what anyone that hears that phrase (rightfully) interprets it as.

There is no way to make him quit clinging, now. He's either going to get over you and "need some space" himself, or you're going to get sick of it and leave.
>>
>>17309716
Seriously, why bother with a nigger if you don't even want a nigger? If you want your dicksucked, you can get that shit for free on Friday nights at any club in the fucking world.
>>
>>17309714
What this guy said: >>17309724 is true. "I need space" is right up there with "we should take a break" in the all time best ways to fuck your relationship six ways from Sunday in less than 10 seconds list. You've essentially just announced that you don't really give a fuck how he feels, you won't even ATTEMPT to work through it and that you're almost certainly going to cheat. Perhaps not your intention, but that's very much the message you've sent.
>>
>>17309712
>he's not giving any thought to what HIS actions are doing to you because of these thoughts
i realized that today. he was SO caught up in telling me how painfull this is to him and how hard and what not. he didn't even consider it could also not be enjoyable for me.

> reevaluate my own behavior
is there a way i can help him do exactly that without the harsh action of breaking up with him to make him see how damaging his behaviour is?

> on again/off again
i don't understand that either. i'm (as you can tell) not very good with realtinoships either. in the past, i would have ust walked away the moment something happened that wasn't just unicorns and butterflies. this time i decided to stay and try to work trough it. for a variety of reasons. to learn to do so on my part. because i DO love him. because we will be moving in together in two weeks. there are a lot more reasons why i decided to not give up just like that, this time. but it's turning out to be harder than i thought it would be.
>>
>>17309724
>"I need some space"
well, i didn't word it that way because i'm not full autistic yet. but that rest of your post seems pretty spot on. is there no way to pull that around again?
>>
>>17309728
i'm aware. what happened was that there was some nasty shit going on with his ex, right before he went abroad for a while. he was never reacahble so we had no way of "talking it trough". i was just left with my brooding thoughts. at some point i was in a really bad spot and suddenly distanced myself from all that bullcrap to not get hurt any more. i tried to reach him. when he came back, i told him what happened. i told him why and that i will try to get over that "distancing myself" bullcrap again but that i need him to be understanding and patinet if i'm not touchy feely all the time and that i might need a while to go back to our old ways again. the stuff with the ex has been resolved for good in the meantime.
>>
>>17309755
Wait a second. Are you the girl from a while back who was asking for advice because her boyfriend had started talking to her ex again just before going on holiday abroad? The one who was pulling her own hair out at the thought that he and his ex might get back together, despite being a thousand miles apart until he returned to see you?
>>
>>17309765
*to his ex
>>
>>17309765
yes. the same idiot
>>
>>17309745
>>17309663 gave you pretty solid advice. All you can do is comfort him and hope he gets over it.

Also, if you're really getting sick of him at some point, just go out and "forget" your cell phone (with the volume on) with him. He'll text you, realize your phone isn't on you, and hopefully give up on contacting you for a while.
>>
>>17309776
Didn't we conclude that you should've dumped the cunt for going to the sauna with his ex, where they would spend time completely naked with one another?
>>
>>17307631
>Women, I'd really appreciate your brutal honesty, so please, don't hold back. I won't judge you for your nature. I'm just highly curious. Ignore the haters that might respond to your comments.
Don't tip that fedora too hard or it'll fall off.
>>
>>17309777
might ahve to give that a try.

>>17309778
yes, we did. that's why i distanced myself. obviously i wasn't going to break up with him whilst he was still away over text or phone. so i waited for his return and we had a really honest talk. where i told him all the paranoia i was going trough when he was away. he also told me the story from his point of view and i decided to give this whole thing a second change and not give up on it that easily. besides, i might have been exaggerating. his ex has a sauna at home. he told me uses that saune. i have no evidence of him actually being in there naked with her. he has cut contact with her since then.
>>
>>17309736
>is there a way i can help him do exactly that without the harsh action of breaking up with him
Tell him that it's not acceptable. Try and just bring him around to this situation from your side. If he can see why you, who absolutely loves him and wants to work out your problems, see him agonizing like you're leading him on and basically lying to him makes you feel like shit, maybe he'll stop.
>>
>>17309790
So, what I'm gathering from all this is: You're crazy.

Stop the distancing shit. Have an honest and frank discussion with him about the way you're currently feeling and the way he's currently acting. None of this "Let's take a break, give me some space" shit. You did it before with the ex business. Do it again with your business.
>>
>>17307863

It's not immoral to flirt with people and get their numbers with no intention of calling. Actually dating them I'd say is crossing a line.
Nothing wrong with just giving something a go and seeing if there's anything there, but if you go into it knowing there's nothing there, you're just wasting someone's time for your own gain.
>>
>>17309777
>You know how your boyfriend is really paranoid that you hate him, don't want to be around him, don't want to talk to him and are probably cheating on him?
>Leave your phone at home and make sure he's aware that you left the house without any way for him to contact you, this is sure to ease his paranoia
You fucking retard.
>>
>>17307870

If you wash it, why is it greasey?
>>
>>17309797

>implying any normie would consider the possibility that someone intentionally left their phone at home

You're the retard.
>>
>>17308050

Because women are seen as the gatekeepers, and being selected is an achievement and status symbol. If you're the only one allowed into the exclusive club of a top notch girl, you're a king, and can be sure she didn't choose you lightly. If you're allowed in the club that's waving everyone in, you're a peasant and might be kicked to the curb at any moment.
>>
>>17309810
>normie
Fuck off back to /r9k/, you dunce.

You've given among the worst advice I've ever seen on this site. Intentionally leave your phone at home when you go out, make sure the paranoid man sees that you didn't bring your phone and this will calm him down and definitely won't send him off the deep end in a paranoid panic? I've volunteered with Downs kids and you're the still the biggest retard I've ever seen.
>>
>>17309791
i'll try that later today. thanks anon.

>>17309793
>You're crazy.
spot on.

> "Let's take a break, give me some space"
that's not what i told him. i said i need some time to go from "we're going to break up" to "we're going to be ok" again. he can't expect me to be all lovey dovey like nothing ever happened.
it's also not like i'm playing the ice queen or any games. i just don't fee like telling him how much i love him every 5 minutes. and i don't feel like having body contact 24/7. i wasn't like that before, i won't suddenly get more clingey because he hurt me. i didn't say i need time to readjust as some phrase. i really need that time. and i told him i'm not going to pretend like everything is golden between the two of us. some empathy is all i'm asking from him. i'm trying to be very empathic towards him, always being honest and tell him what's going on right now. but like this, it's extremely annoying.
>>
>>17309822
Sit down and explain this all to him very bluntly. Tell him you aren't at the point where you feel comfortable expressing love again because of the near-breakup. Tell him that him acting so clingy is only going to make that transition harder for you. The man's caught up in his own mind, so sit him down and talk him through it, rather than a simple "I won't leave you, relax."
>>
>>17309797
i've been away from him for 3h now and i have received 15 messages in that time... i told him i will be busy (working on my pc besides posting here), so i didn't responde yet. just so you see what i'm talking about... he's really going over the line there.
>>
>>17309830
that's some solid advice and i will follow it. i'll already told him to not expect me to enthusiastically tell him "i love you too" back every 5 mins. that's just way too much. i considered telling him to not say it that much because it start becoming meaningles, too.

thanks everyone for your help. i know i'm pretty crazy, so it's a big help to have you around to get my head straight again from time to time.
>>
>>17309820

I'm sorry you lost all understanding of how normal people function, anon. Maybe you should try making some friends that down have "Downs"?

Protip: know the actual name of the disorders you pretend to have worked with.
>>
>>17309165

How about just talk to her normally instead of bottling it up then flipping out at her, then getting surprised when she takes it seriously?
What the fuck do you expect?

She's not a trained dog, you can't just say "no" and expect her to stop whatever she's doing. If you tell her something bothers you and she blows it off, get her attention and be clear that you're not just expressing your opinion, you're asking her to stop. End of fucking issue.

Also this is an insanely retarded thing to even get bent out of shape over, no wonder she feels the need to walk on eggshells when something so fucking stupid made you throw a tantrum.
>>
>>17309852

*don't have
>>
File: downs.png (7 KB, 588x101) Image search: [Google]
downs.png
7 KB, 588x101
>>17309832
He is, but leaving your phone at home is not going to make that better. It will only make things worse. Because now he feels justified in keeping tabs on you, now that it looks like you have something to hide from him.

If you do the "forgotten phone" thing, I mean.

>>17309852
>normal people
He's not "normal" though. He's paranoid.

Colloquialisms sure are tough, aren't they, dunce?
>>
>>17309177

It's just banter and wordplay. Could have the same conversation about anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtB_jvznaNM
>>
Ladies, I don't use shampoo.

You WILL deal with it.
>>
>>17309699

I would move away from such a disgusting culture.

As a marginalised minority myself, I would never pass by or alter my potential children just to make them conform to retarded views. If they have to grow up a little harder, let them, I'll help them to be strong and we'll be extra faces in the struggle for change. I would never take those faces out of the fight, I would never bow to such lunacy and meekly conform until there's none of us left to argue. And if the world simply isn't safe for the children I'd bear, I'd fight alone until it was.
I'm not even hung up on having biological children, but I would never in a million years pass them up for THIS reason.
>>
Made a joke about me being an abusive boyfriend to my girlfriend and she got angry because she used to be in a bad relationship quite a few years ago. I got angry back saying it was just a joke and that she doesn't need to be like this, and she just locked herself in her room. I understand she feels bad about it but it was just a joke and I think she overreacted.

Would it be wrong to apologise but also tell her that it's wrong of her to take it out on me when it's something that happened to her years ago and I have no control over?

I'm a really nice guy and not in the slightest like that, but this really pissed me off and I don't feel like I should have to apologise entirely and I really want to say something like that to her. It was her own stupid mistake for staying in that kind of relationship, and in the best possible way, I don't want to know or have anything to do with that part of her life.
>>
>>17309910
You sound like a defensive asshole.
>>
>>17309910
>It was her own stupid mistake for staying in that kind of relationship, and in the best possible way, I don't want to know or have anything to do with that part of her life.
When you are with someone, you accept their past and their baggage. If you can't deal with it, dump her.

She has to make some effort and stop overreacting, but try to talk to her and understand why she reacted so badly, what about that joke triggered her, help her work on her issues.
It's not necessary to apologize, I think my boyfriend apologized three times in 4 years together, but do try and understand the reasons why she felt so bad about this and solve it. I got upset for some jokes, but we discussed why I got so mad (ex: he jokes about me being overcontrolling, it made me feel like he was going to try and leave me for this, we discussed about my insecurities, etc and at the end I apologized).
>>
For the ladies,

I've been told by some of my friends that if a woman finds you attractive/has feelings for you, she'll sometimes flirt with other guys around you or mention that she's crushing on some other dude as an attempt to make you feel some jealousy and competitiveness so that you'll desire her more.

Have any of the women here done this? How common would you say it is?

Asking because earlier today I was texting a girl that I'm starting to fall for. She and I have had, for want of a better term, "little moments" over the course of the year or so that we've known each other, but it's hard for me to tell if she actually feels anything for me. Today when we were talking she mentioned that there's this guy that she's been seeing and been staying over his house, but they're not officially boyfriend and girlfriend. This really hurt for about three seconds before I started considering if she was only saying this or exaggerating the relationship for the purposes of making me jealous (which it did, if I'm being honest).

I just don't know how to approach this situation and I'd like a woman's perspective on it.
>>
>>17309967
>Have any of the women here done this? How common would you say it is?
I did it when I was, like, 13. Now if I am in my mid 20s, and honestly if I want a guy I make it clear.
She probably is seeing someone else, for real. If you like her, make a move or ask her out.
>>
>>17309967
No, I think that's absolutely retarded. As in, the exact opposite of what you should do.
>>
>>17309967
>staying over at his house
Sorry m8, she's just a slut.
>>
>>17309973
>>17309978

Yeah, I guess it was kind of a foolish hope that she'd just be saying that because she liked me.

I am planning on saying something to her, but the problem is that I'm not going to actually see her in person again for a month and a half. So basically this all boils down to me hoping that things don't get more serious between her and this other dude. Thanks though.

>>17309984
[r9k] pls
>>
>>17309998
I'm not even a robot, but she's clearly a slut. You don't tell someone that you're "staying over" at a guy's house unless you're a slut.
>>
I need some help, can anyone give me some tips on what do i talk about with this girl i like (i normally get mental block around her for some reason) how do i engage her more to talk. I have rwad general advise but what else can we talk about?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.