[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
UNI ADVICE, I suppose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1448861383367.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1638) Image search: [Google]
1448861383367.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1638
It's been a year of NEETdom since I've "travelled the world" for two years, being in dead end relationships and stuff. Well, at least I learnt how to speak English """decently""". Btw, "learnt" is British English, therefore correct.

So... I'm thinking of doing a two year masters in International Relations + Japanese, all paid by the gov't. But I'm a 26 years old southern european faggot.

Pros:
>free
>if I get good grades, I'll do the second year in Japan, Tokyo probably
>uni is filled with girls mostly, so maybe I get some pussy
>I have nothing better to do

Cons
>I need to move out of my hometown
>I'll be 28 when it's over
>I don't think there's any job waiting for me after this degree (south euro economy = super shit)

Should I do it, /adv/isors?
>>
File: unrele10.jpg (42 KB, 538x434) Image search: [Google]
unrele10.jpg
42 KB, 538x434
>>17306467
>Btw, "learnt" is British English, therefore correct.

Oh man
>>
>>17306467
Do it. Being 28 when it's all said and done is better than being 35 and never having accomplished it.
>>
If its all paid for, do it. Having a masters in anything will look great on you. Plus if you're good at languages anyway you might really enjoy your time at uni.

Don't be afraid of leaving your hometown, I know you've traveled already so being away from home doesn't bother you.

My friend is in a shitty dead end job, not because he's lazy, but because he was too afraid of moving out of his hometown and there were no decent jobs in his area.
>>
>>17306488
>>17306813
Thank you both for the encouragement.
Yeah I think my main problem is some sort of fear of failing. Fear of being too old, fear of looking ridiculous coming back to uni, fear of not being good enough for the coursework. Maybe I have some deeper problem... Like I'm terribly afraid of being judged, both physically and intellectually.
So even if I take a decision, tomorrow I'll second guess myself again. It's been like this since 3 years.... I want to turn off my brain.
Btw, thank you again.

I'll wait for other replies too.
>>
File: 4124657.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
4124657.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>17306467
>"learnt" is British English, therefore correct.
>>
>>17306467
Go for it, if you're lucky we won't have left the EU yet and you can hop to here, Germany of France and get paid more than you would at home.

Also congrats for learning the one true English.
>>
Doesn't sound like you're in process of curing cancer so I wouldn't worry about wasting 2 years on education.
>>
>>17307077
That's the plan! Sorry if I'll invade your country in the future, I'll try to leave my Italian antics back home.

>>17307102
Kek, good point. This year of "trying to find myself" was just wasted on videogames and 4chan (the latter being actually useful in some distorted way). I just need to do something before going crazy.
>>
>>17306467

>Btw, "learnt" is British English, therefore correct.

How arrogant of you. Just for that, I'll point out the mistakes in your post:

>paid FOR by the gov't
>a 26 year old - no S
>Southern European should be capitalized
>Tokyo, Japan - not the other way around
>maybe I'll get some pussy (you won't)
>>
>>17307178
Half your corrections were wrong, faggot. Don't try so hard.
>>
>>17307178
Haha chill out, I was kidding mate.

>paid FOR by the gov't
>a 26 year old - no S
Yeah you're right.

>Southern European should be capitalized
Intentional, just to underline the shittiness of this place.

>Tokyo, Japan - not the other way around
I mean something like "Japan, Tokyo to be precise" so I'm right there.

>maybe I'll get some pussy (you won't)
^___^
>>
>>17307181

Ok. You'll integrate perfectly in Tokyo. Half the men are shut-in virgins and they love to speak shitty English. Best of luck to you
>>
>>17307191
>implying I'm a virgin
Wew lad. Why are you so bitter today?
>>
>>17307181
>>17307191
That wasn't me (the OP) by the way. Kek.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.