[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I see the same threads every time I visit this wasteland &
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
I see the same threads every time I visit this wasteland & the same shitty answers every time. I'm probably pissing into the wind here and nobody will care but here's my take regardless

>I'm overweight, I'm a fat fuck, I'm addicted to sugar/fatty shit, how do I lose weight etc?
Changing obesity is like most things, first and foremost a lifestyle change. As we know humans aren't good at changing habits (we fail at this 98% of the time, see: alcoholics, drug addicts, anorexics, obesity, etc). Instead, aim to change a habit. In terms of weight this means eating more or the same volume, but less calories. Which almost always translates to eating more vegetables.

Focusing on eating more veg instead of less X Y or Z means that you'll be fuller, for longer, and over time your taste profile will change away from sugars, refined carbs and saturated fats and towards wholesome filling foods.

Other things that increase the odds in your favour:

>Learn to cook foods you love
>Count calories and use them to set SMART goals
>Drink more water
>Don't eat anything processed

>I'm socially retarded, I'm scared to talk to people, how do I make friends etc?
This goes for relationships too, but relationships are simply an extension of friendships and they both rely on the same premise:

>Being around people with similar interests and/or personality in slightly vulnerable situations
The best way to get started with this is with hobbies and interest groups. Here you will not only meet people who share something you want/know how to do/know/learn about but they take the fear of looking stupid and having nothing to say out of it.

Simultaneously you build practical skills and knowledge which will help you:

>Be useful in society
>Have something to talk about with strangers
>Have regular interaction
etc

A persons value is mostly just a culmination of their abilities and interests.

What else do you fucks want to know?
>>
Ayy how do I convince an alien to abduct and probe my asshole?
>>
>>17306472
Travel near the border, bend over & offer them $20 each
>>
>>17306695
Sounds good but I'd feel like a whore; will they still respect me in the morning?
>>
What are some good study habits?
>>
>>17306355
Can jet fuel melt steel beams?
>>
>>17306355
Here's some advice OP.

Learn to use filters and this board is pretty damn insightful, if not at least entertaining.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.