[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/ So I just realized I have worked an hour overtime.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Schematic.gif (158 KB, 1497x900) Image search: [Google]
Schematic.gif
158 KB, 1497x900
Hey /adv/
So I just realized I have worked an hour overtime. overtime is not permitted at my job. Normal procedure is that I mention it and take off friday or something an hour earlier. The problem is that I suffered a head injury recently and sleep hasn't been to great, thus I overslept once or twice without calling in. I want to bring it up but my boss is already short with me over my tardiness. Should I just bite the bullet and remove the overtime from my time sheet and not bring it up?
Pick related. What I see on my desk day to day.
>>
Deal with the tardiness with a polite explanation. I'd be fine if it were due to medical reasons.

Deal with the overtime by getting your time back.

Don't be all "I dunno what to do so I'll leave things as they are", come on.
>>
Don't be the guy who is always on the radar as being 'late, early, fucked up clocking in, sick' etc. Those people always get fired. If this a first time thing, then maybe ask, but otherwise just leave an hour early on Friday and stay off the grid.
>>
>>17306310
"Boss, I know I owe you a couple of hours from being late Monday and Tuesday. I worked an extra hour today and I'll do the same Friday to make up for it, and I'll be sure not to let it happen again."
>>
At my job overtime is any time that exceeds 8 hours a day summed up at the end of the pay period. It's common to overwork some day and take off others to meet deadlines. Just to be clear, I owe him no time technically. I just didn't have a very good reason to overwork. There's also the problem that usually I have to run through my plan with my time. But since I didn't do it on purpose I didn't know to tell him. also 1 hour is kind of arbitrary anyway so I think it could go either way on that angle.
>>
Just a follow up. I decided to remove the hour. My boss is in a good mood today and I just want to stay under the radar and not do anything to remind him that he might still want to be short with me. It could influence his decision for which employee he moves up to surveying. Making coffee now. Good luck with your work day gaylords.
>implying /adv/ is employed
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.