[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aspergers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: IMG-20160619-WA0011.jpg (6 KB, 309x306) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160619-WA0011.jpg
6 KB, 309x306
I'm 18 with aspergers and hopeless in relationships, hopeless in a workplace, my family always argue and sound disappointed, none of my friends give a shit because they're lucky and normal( don't day no one's normal because normal people are different to aspergers people) I take antidepressants and ritalin but it just doesn't help, basically am I gonna live the rest of my life feeling like a useless shit, all I do is go gym and smoke weed
>>
Walk up to a normal friend, say "I've always admired how you're so fluent and natural when it comes to talking to people. It doesn't come naturally to me, can you help me out?"

People will fucking lick up that shit because everyone loves to feel appreciated. This'll get you closer to them, and your awkwardness won't matter as much.
>>
>friends
you're a fucking normie. aspergers is over diagnosed you're fine quit being a baby. get off the SSRI and stimulant combo, that will make you worse in the long run.

you're probably just depressed, which, no, you probably won't ever get over. you can fuck around with drugs, and those stimulants will give you a dopamine rush but in the long run will burn you out and make you more depressed in later life. they also make you not you and you'll make decisions you later regret.

so get off the drugs, and do some self improvement, and that's about all you can do.
>>
>>17306235
They can't help, they literally can't, I'm only capable of so much, and things like being a cashier for example sound like hell, I'd rather die than meet new people everyday pretending to be nice and happy, I just can't be as happy and nice as they want me to be
>>
>>17306241
You sir are an idiot lol
>>
>>17306249
Fine, continue to buy into that jew bullshit and spend your life on drugs and thinking you have some disability.
>>
>>17306262
I don't look at people in the face, I think that's weird as fuck, I'd rather be an accountant than a cashier, I just can't read people, how am I meant to know what people are thinking? But according to you that's normal...
>>
File: OuRmgto.jpg (314 KB, 900x601) Image search: [Google]
OuRmgto.jpg
314 KB, 900x601
>>17306231
I'll be your friend.
>>
>>17306291
If you are smart become a tax accountant/lawyer. People expect them to be wired.

I know of a person who was in a meeting with one, the tax accountant was clearly very clever, he lent over to get his papers from his bag and very nearly shoved his ass into the person sitting next to him.

You can bet he is better paid than you me or ~80% of people on this board.

I have fairly severe social anxiety and cannot read people (just socially restarted than full on autismo), I became an accountant. Half the people spaghetti, the other half are normies.

Hope it works out for you op
>>
>>17306317
Apologies for the typos, auto correct on phone.
>>
>>17306231
Aspergers is at most a handicap, not a death sentence. It does NOT mean that you are incapable of doing anything a "normal" person can. It just means that some things, largely having to do with social interactions, don't come easily to you and you have to work at learning how to do what many can do instinctively.

Absolutely EVERYTHING that you believe you cannot do, can be learned with some effort. It may never be easy, but it CAN be done.

Or, alternatively, you can structure your life to avoid SOME (never all) of your weak points. As you say above, you can be an accountant rather than a cashier, a researcher rather than teacher. This will reduce the number of stress situations you run into daily, but the real answer is to face up to the things that scare you and work at mastering them.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.