[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finding Employees
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: pepe-business-analyst.jpg (46 KB, 579x604) Image search: [Google]
pepe-business-analyst.jpg
46 KB, 579x604
Where do I find employees? I tried Career Builder and been getting a bunch of people that are obviously just trying to fill 'searching for work' requirements for staying NEET.

Is Indeed better?

Looking for a shop manager and accountant for my growing business.

How do I find good ones?
>>
>pepe-business-analyst.jpg

those sound like elite candidates for your business
>>
Offer slightly more than decent pay. You have to lure the good ones in or youll get riff raff. It will give you a much broader group of people to interview and pluck from. In my area it would be double the federal minimum wage where you start getting decent young people. In places like cali it might be 20 bucks an hour.
>>
>>17306062
Indeed is good.

I'm not sure why you need both a manager and an accountant in a growing business. Hit a local college up and search around for someone working on their BA in business, which generally requires accounting courses.

This way, you find someone who wants to pad their resume, regardless if they hang around for more than a couple of years.
>>
File: 1465353380829.png (93 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
1465353380829.png
93 KB, 630x630
>>17306062
Word of mouth is honestly your best bet. About 70% of the guys I've ever taken on have come about either from me going in the tea hut at lunch time and asking "has anyone got a mate that can do such and such", or my guys coming to me and saying "I've got a mate who needs some work". I've taken on more guys that I've met in my local pub than I have from paid advertising.

Also I already have that pepe, so I'm going to need you to post a different one.
>>
File: pepe-professor.png (132 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
pepe-professor.png
132 KB, 396x385
>>17306067
Yeah, just hired a new mechanic that is pretty good. Paying him 21 bucks an hour. He's fresh out of trade school, but, has a brain. I'm keeping the pay high, of course I can't go crazy.

I'd like to know where smart people tend to look for jobs.

>>17306073
Different jobs. We're stretched pretty thin now due to me being hesitant to hire people.

For the accountant I'd like someone who has more experience than that. Like someone who can do costing and help me figure out what my shit actually costs to make, not just a book keeper.

>>17306076
Yeah, I've gotten some good people that way, but, these two jobs don't really know anyone so been trying to find other ways. I even tried a recruiter but that guy gave me morons.

Have a Meme State University Pepe, friend.
>>
>>17306086
Recruitment agencies are an abslute rip off, I don't even know how they're legal. My boss got me a labourer from an agency once .They were charging us £190 (about $260 US) per DAY for a guy to come and sweep the floor. To put that in perspective, that's significantly more than we pay my skilled tradesmen, and a bit more than I pay my site supervisor. In fact, the only person on the whole site getting more than thst is me, and yet the agency were only paying him £6.50 an hour.
>>
>>17306122
The recruiter I considered did it off a percent basis. Like you pay them X amount of the salary to find them, then it's free and clear. If the person quits in the first year, then they have to replace them. It was a pretty high fee (30% maybe?), but I'm sure it was negotiable I just never got that far. So if I hired a $70,000 account through them, I'd have to pay them 21,000. Which, really if I found someone amazing would be fine, but, when the guy started sending me people they were all shit and I could tell he was couching them.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.