[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ex broke up with me 4 months ago >immediately start no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 4825319.jpg (26 KB, 680x684) Image search: [Google]
4825319.jpg
26 KB, 680x684
>ex broke up with me 4 months ago
>immediately start no contact
>we have some mutual friends so it was tough but I got over it
>no contact absolutely kills her
>he periodically sends drunk texts/messages asking to be friends but always sends some kind of apology the next day
>always ignore
>always messages for pointless/dumb shit, most of which I either dismiss or ignore
>we are going to be at the same club night next weekend
>want to try again with her because I still find her attractive and the circumstances are vastly different
>also don't want to embarrass myself

have I done everything right in order to try again? or have I fucked up by ignoring her all this time? also wtf do I do now
>>
>>17305963
Exes are that for a reason, there is a reason why you left them and if you try it again with them, it's probably going to rear its head again
Just forget about it op
>>
But to answer your question, I can't say because you haven't given enough info. Just talk to her and be honest.
I still advise against even trying though.
>>
>>17305963
the purpose of no contact is two fold. Leave them scratching their head as she is doing and begin the process of detachment for yourself. You have not gone fully no contact because she can still reach you and you intend to be in a place you know she will be. You are playing a game and when you make another pitch she will know this and stomp on your heart again. Foolish
>>
Alright, let's do this.

I've done no contact with good results.
What you need to do is put yourself in the frame of mind where the situation you're in is a good situation. You must act as if nothing's wrong, and that means you need to forget that she's hurting. That means that if you contact her, you should be oblivious to her previous attempts, and reach her from a place where you aren't worried or concerned, but rather expect her to be happy - talk to her like you would talk to anyone you knew was enjoying their life and had room for you to be in it. Show no remorse. Come across as if life is good for the both of you.

It's a little late to start texting her before the club event, so you're probably best off just showing up with an open mind. Don't expect the club night to end in embrace, so if that doesn't happen just consider your then recent encounter something you can use later on - but only if things don't get salty. Try and be on your absolutely best behaviour, and don't drink too much. She should be the one approaching you, and if that happens your should move her to somewhere you can have a brief talk. If she starts asking about you not responding you should tell her that you've been really busy and had to sort your thoughts out, and that you thought that you would only make things more difficult for the both of you if you had started any conversations earlier on (which is true - it's part of the point of NC,) but tell her that she's been in your mind and you should both just enjoy the evening, no worries. Touch her waist and kiss her on the cheek and lead her to the dance floor to end the conversation.

What happens next drepends on body language, eye contact, smiles and wheyher you manage to make sure that you're just there to have a good time. Remember to talk to other people, and don't start orbiting her.

I hope this was somewhat useful. Feel free to modify the instructions, it's only meant to put you in the right mindset.
>>
>>17305978
The main issue with us was the distance, but as of a month ago she now lives within 3 miles of me (used to be 90~ or so)

I've spent a lot of time thinking and focusing on myself but I do think I can 'make it work' or whatever, despite it not being the best idea
>>
>>17306002
>I can 'make it work'
isn't that what got you here in the first place? You can want it but she didn't and broke up with you.
>>
>>17306026
OP isn't capable of letting go/realizing there are 3.5 billion other women on the planet.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.