[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Surgery recovery question I just had an appendectomy a week
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
Surgery recovery question

I just had an appendectomy a week ago today and I'm finally starting to feel better, aside from the fact that I'm feeling paranoid, and when I try to sleep my arms and legs are restless. Driving is also challenging for me now since I start to panic for no reason as soon as I get behind the wheel.
These aren't common feelings for me normally, is this a result of the surgery?
>>
>>17305691
What are you paranoid about? Something like this happening again?

Appendicitis can be a frightening experience at best. An emergency appendectomy can make it all the worse

This panic you're having may be the result of surgery, but it's not a common result of surgery. Go back to your doctor and explain what's been going on. Sounds like an acute stress reaction to me, that usually passes in 1-2 weeks. But don't let this brew over into something more like PTSD

Oh, and stop driving in the meantime. You don't want to knock a kid over because you're having a panic attack

And if that won't put you off driving, at a minimum, make sure you can do an emergency stop without the seatbelt causing you to hesitate as it puts pressure on your wounds

>medfag
>>
>>17305732
It feels like I'm doing something wrong or something's about to happen. I'm worried I'm drinking too much water, or eating too much/not enough.

It was an emergency surgery, however my appendix hadn't burst yet so they got it out at right time. My boss is making me go to work this week, and I have half a mind to tell him to fuck himself since I work a somewhat physically demanding job, but I digress.
>>
>>17305749
I wouldn't worry about that. Easier said than done... But if you're happy to believe I'm a qualified medfag, that try to take comfort in me telling you not to worry about drinking too much water (but for sure don't start chugging down litres and litres in one sitting), and the same for eating

Recommendations for work usually focus on going back when you feel comfortable. Ask for less physically demanding roles for a week or two (if your boss is likely to refuse that, a doctor can request that for you in the form of an advisory note, at least in the UK)
>>
>>17305749
>It feels like I'm doing something wrong or something's about to happen
And yeah, that's classic anxiety. It should pass. Go to your doctor if it's not improving in a week, or getting worse
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.