[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Been almost a year, I feel I need closure?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
>Hung out with and went on a few dates (Off and on) with really shy girl when I was 18/19, she 17 over the span of approx 8 months.
>Seemed to get along well enough for the first 5-6 months. Really liked her. Told her my feelings and she felt the same.
>Cloud9RightNow
>Shit starts declining, I'm not sure the reasons. But she's got more than usual date/get together cancellations and less and less of trying to reschedule (Whenever she did cancel she was adamant about rescheduling)
>Got frustrated. Tried asking her that if she lost interest to just tell me.
>High school sports captain
>Parents push her to do 110%, she's told me it's very emotionally and mentally draining being under all the stress
>Has made plenty of shy attempts to see me/force interaction. Offering to come see me on my breaks at work and buy me a drink, etc.
>Never got past hugging her because she's never even hugged a guy before at that point, and kept telling me she's just shy. Never made the move to kiss her, it just didn't feel right if I couldn't even get a decent hug out of her. That and her being unnaturally shy, I wanted to stay away from pressuring her (Reminder that I REALLY cared about this girl, and didn't wanna fuck it up.)
>Eventually break things off, passive aggressively told her that if this isn't going anywhere, we should stop, that I've been trying but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere, and that I felt I was the only one really trying towards the last few months.She never really explained anything, other than that she was busy, but I feel for some reason there's more to it, as the way I look at it, if she wanted to make it work, we would have made it work, right?

I feel like an idiot for the whole thing, but I still care about her. I'm an hour and ten minute drive away, but I come back every week. She's going to college in our hometown. If she really DID care about me like she said, would it be worth to just try and talk to her again?
>>
bump because help? It didn't end poorly, just uncomfortably. I don't see myself finding anyone else for quite a while, so would it be flat out retarded of me to try to patch things up, and if it does patch up well, to suggest a long distance relationship with her?
>>
It was only a 6 month relationship?
>>
Arguably, she could say similar from her perspective based on the story. She was shy, and going through a stressful time. Although she told you this, instead of waiting it out, you just left. If you REALLY cared about her, you'd have made it work.

You might not get the "closure" you want. She may have even less of an answer now that she's been doing her own thing. You can try, but be prepared in case it doesn't give you much.

And starting a LDR after your relationship fell apart before is a terrible idea.
>>
>>17305670
She had also told me (Should have made it in the original post) that she did have feelings for me, but didn't know when she would ever get enough time (for me), that she apologized and said "It's not fair to you and I'm so so sorry."

The reason I even brought it up was because, and I told her this a few months later, that I thought she was just losing interest but not wanting to tell me up front (Because I've had that happen a few times before, and it really sucks). She never responded to it. I didn't expect her to, mainly as it was just a "This is why I acted like a dickhead, I'm sorry" message.

I guess the way I'm looking at it is, college is still busy, but it won't have as many responsibilities as college, whether or not she decides to live at home.

I figured picking up a relationship would be a lot more plausible this way.

>One of her friends is dating one of my best friends, so I might be able to figure out through her if the girl I'm not over does have any residual feelings for me. I doubt she's dated at all since then, because once again, she's so painfully shy.
>>
>>17305670
I disagree with this anon. I am a shy woman but if I liked someone I would be honest and upfront about my intentions and I'd push myself to make it work.

I'm really sorry OP but I don't think she's interested anymore and she may not know how to confront you about it. Some girls are just really bad at that kind of stuff. Its really unfair and hurtful of her to waste your time like that, but thats how it is. Find a girl who is ready.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.