[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anybody else noticed that it's really hard for asian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: anna_may_wong.jpg (19 KB, 470x263) Image search: [Google]
anna_may_wong.jpg
19 KB, 470x263
Has anybody else noticed that it's really hard for asian women to make friends with women who aren't asian? I'm Korean-American, I was born in the US and have lived here my whole life. I'm not an introvert, I'm a social and outgoing person and a professional woman. And yet in school and at every job I've ever worked, the girls of other races always get along fine but I end up immediately on the outside before they get the chance to know me. Sometimes I'm just excluded and sometimes they outright bully me. It's frustrating because I never know what I did wrong and I think if they gave me a chance we'd have a lot in common.

At first I didn't think it was racial but when I brought it up to my other asian friends I found out they have all had similar experiences. We always get along fine with men of different races. It's just women who give us grief. I'm just wondering if you've noticed this and if you're a non-asian woman, what you think the reason is?
>>
Indian here (don't know if you count that as Asian or just 'brown', but whatever). While I feel like other girls have had trouble making friends with other races and have as a consequence ended up being friends with their own race, I've never had trouble making friends with non-Indians. I can actually count all my Indian friends on one hand.
>>
>>17305220
Hi. Nobody cares about what you look like.

Being an Asian is not just your slanted eyes or non existent nose but how you behave. Cultures are created based on genetics and you are probably not Americanized enough to fit in.
>>
Asian women are usually much more hard working than women of other races, and also more feminine. Women can be extremely jealous.
Men have yellow fever for almost the exact same reasons, do they like Asian women.
>>
I taught at a culturally diverse school that had a solid indian+asian population.

I never noticed anything of the sort. The only thing that happened were pakistani and indians never got along. Which is kind of understandable.
>>
>>17305247

Hilarious. Why do people buy into such stupid stereotypes?
>>
>>17305241
its either what this guy said, or they're jealous because you are probably thinner and more feminine than them...especially the black ones.
>>
>>17305253
Because most of the time they're true. Or else it wouldn't be a stereotype
>>
Nah, I'm chinese-romanian and I might as well be an alien to these people and I never got problems making friends. I don't believe racism is real, it's all about how you act. If you're an ass, you're an ass whether you're a nigger or kebab or chink. Stereotypes are all partially true, if a little exaggerated though I don't think it's the main issue with your interpersonal relations. Maybe you display a negative aura or have a body language that suggests unapproachability, or you vibrate on a different frequency than other people and you don't collect well.
>>
>>17305291
Exactly, but if you behave in a way that confirms stereotypes, people will judge you more easily. Stereotypes are like folklore, they depend on the territory. If you live in the states chinks are viewed as submissive hard working wife material who are materialistic. Any behavior that confirms this makes people judge you as such. If you live in a place that lacks racial history, stereotypes don't be there.
>>
>>17305220
probably because most women can't compete with Asian girls and they don't want you stealing their men. Most men have a thing for asian girls and they are just better because how well asian girls age.
>>
>>17305220
Okay, can we exchange some advice here? I can give you my perspective from a half latino half white girl. I must say its pretty simple, for me Ive always thought that i could not just have anything in common with an asian girl, which such a different culture and background that maybe its better just to not approach them, and i bet you guys feel the same towards non asian girls, at the ends seems mutual. I don't think is a racial thing per se, but its just overall just awkward, there was one time that i actually tried to be friends with this korean girl at my college and it was straight up fucking awkward. Now can i ask you something?
>>
hey op, i'm korean too and been raised in canada all my life.

i don't think it's has to do with our race anon, it's probably more to do with how you interact with these people. i get along with all races, and most girls want to be my best friend. i consider myself fairly normal, but maybe more on the introverted side. (though people would mostly assume i'm extroverted)

in my experience, if a girl is treating you like shit there are 2 general reasons:
>she thinks you're below her, socially; you aren't "cool enough", so you're annoying
>she's jealous of you for whatever reason. maybe you're her bf's type or you're skinnier than she is

personally i've met more catty korean/chinese chicks than i have with other races. one time back in high school, a group of fobby korean girls i've never even met told this (qt) guy i was friends with to stay away from me because i was a "bad influence". like what the fuck lol. i only found out after asking him why he was avoiding me.
>>
I personally think Asian women are the most attractive of all races. Other women are jealous of you because you have better features.. For example

My partner always discusses her jealousy towards asian women, "they have the best skin" or "their hair is always so nice" and she does her best not to associate with asian women.

I have noticed this pattern many times as I have also had similar occurrences with girls I dated in the past.
>>
I don't understand. I'm a chinese girl and my friends are all either mexican or white, and one of them is black. Its other asians I have a hard time hanging out with. Then again, i don't have an asian accent so maybe thats it? My boyfriend is also white and I have also dated an indian and a native american. Racial separation is hardly a part of my life.
>>
>>17305355
I can definitely understand that, culture can be a big gap between people. For me personally I was raised very American (third-generation immigrant) so I never saw that gap, but I'm sure people who are meeting me for the first time might expect there to be one. Thanks for answering. Sure, go ahead.
>>
>>17305426
I'm not the person your responding to but maybe if you dress kind of grungey people of other races will approach you more. I typically stay away from the hipster or preppy asians cuz they seem obnoxious, and gravitate toward the more street looking asians. Preppy asian girls are even worse than preppy white girls.
>>
>>17305426

With that being said, it would be helpful instead of thinking oh no asian girl wants to be my friend, try to be a bit more friendly and open, perhaps even be the one who does the first approach, because like i said its difficult and awkward for both ways. Shitty people will exist no matter what, so why not. Now, moving on to my question how true is that korean guys only date foreigners with the mail or sole idea of having sex with then, and not to take them seriously. Currently dating a korean guy with no high hopes. Thanks a lot.
>>
whites dont see asians as "American", to them they are just "asian". Only open minded people see asians as americans or humans. I am mid eastern and this cunt I was friends with once referred to her close friend as "nerdy asian girl", after that I lost faith in people as a whole, fucking labeling humans like they are objects.
>>
>>17305620
sorry I should have been more clear.
Non asians don't see asians as fellow humans, they just label them as asians. I was talking shit about a middle eastern girl, imo whites are probably most open social construct of people there is.
>>
I'm scared of them, they seem really focused, or where I lived they tended to stick to their own ethnic group. I did have a filipina friend in my foreign language course though, really sweet girl, really touchy-affectionate too. I appreciated that! I think people need to be closer to eachother in general I don't get this isolation and stay out of my safe space nonsense these days.
>>
>>17305220
I've noticed this to a degree, actually (grew up around a mix of people at top-tier US schools).
I can remember a few asian girls that got along better with white girls than other asian girls, but they were... well, to put it bluntly, massive sluts.

I've always put it down to the fact that many asian girls have trouble adjusting to the way white girls tend to bully each other relentlessly, subtly, and passive-aggressively: they just don't seem as inclined to participate in that, or as good at it, which makes them vulnerable to being screwed over and ending up at the bottom of the dogpile when something goes wrong (which with female friendships, seems to happen all the time).

>>17305620
>this cunt I was friends with once referred to her close friend as "nerdy asian girl"
Wait, what's wrong with that?
I could be referred to as a "nerdy white dude", for example. If it's accurate, why is it offensive?
>>
>>17305220
>professional woman
If you work a competitive job, like in sales or something, I can tell you what I've seen just based on personal experience in the corporate world.

Asian women are stereotyped to be smart and hard working. These are traits a boss will value but your coworkers, female coworkers especially, will see as intimidating. If you're working for a fortune 500 company or something, just the fact that you landed a job there reinforces these stereotypes to your peers, and they will label you as 'competition' before you even open your mouth. It isn't a conscious thing, and you can still make friends with them, but their first impression of you will be as a threat to their ladder climbing, and that will be a hurdle in your relationship. Likewise, men are conditioned not to view women as threats, regardless of race, so naturally you will get along fine with them. Some anons also mentioned the looks thing... I think that's part of it but a very small part.

I have seen this over and over again, it's a very dependable narrative when it comes to office relations. I don't think it is race-driven, but it's stereotype-driven, if that makes sense. If you really want to make friends I would keep trying with them. Be sure to let them see your fun side and be approachable and nonthreatening.
>>
>>17305366
>personally i've met more catty korean/chinese chicks than i have with other races. one time back in high school, a group of fobby korean girls i've never even met told this (qt) guy i was friends with to stay away from me because i was a "bad influence". like what the fuck lol. i only found out after asking him why he was avoiding me.
Haha, what's that supposed to mean? Bitches. It's funny, my brother is always saying 'asians don't get along with other asians'.

>>17305526
No more than any other guys, haha. Give him a shot! Sorry for the late reply, I went to sleep, hopefully you see this.
>>
So you're posting with an asian model as your picture. Nothing wrong with that, but how many white models do you have pictures of on your computer? Is it not too unreasonable to assume that you also have opinions and preferences dependent on race like other people, and that it is natural to recognise that you could be favoured better or worse depending on your culture and race?
>>
>>17305220
>Has anybody else noticed that it's really hard for women to make friends with women?
Yes.
>>
>>17306976
>Is it not too unreasonable to assume that you also have opinions and preferences dependent on race like other people, and that it is natural to recognise that you could be favoured better or worse depending on your culture and race?
I mean, I would get it if all the whites, blacks, and hispanics sort of cliqued up into their own little groups. But they all intermingle effortlessly.
>>
>>17305220
immigrant asians are hard to get into american groups, but usually the sluttier asian girls will reject american girls. if they bully you then you should try to hang with your own group of asians or try to dress like americans more often. nothing too brandy.
>>
>>17306986
ding ding ding
>>
>>17306433
This actually does describe my situation. I'm not in sales but real estate, so yeah very competitive. I can see how I might be intimidating, I'm pretty serious when I'm working, in addition to what you said.
>>
>>17305366
May I ask you a question?

Any tips you can give me about dating or attempting to date Korean girls here in Canada? There are tons of them and a lot of them are pretty cute but they seem to keep to themselves.

Thanks.
>>
Has anyone noticed it's really hard for women to make friends with women?

>>fix'd that for you.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.