[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm in a fast-track HVAC program. I have a massive amount
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: graduation-rate-and-debt.jpg (102 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
graduation-rate-and-debt.jpg
102 KB, 425x282
I'm in a fast-track HVAC program. I have a massive amount of homework, and my classes can get pretty chaotic in terms of scheduling make-up days, such as this coming up 4th of July in which my glass was SUDDENLY changed to the Friday after instead of Monday

Anyway, my problem is that I'm literally living on a cot in my sister and her husband's living room. They are pretty damn gracious to let me stay here while I am in school,

I was trying to work a life insurance sales job with American Income but its turned out to be pretty fruitless, and the amount of work to do is absolutely insane. I work 7 days a week, 16 hours a day on weekends, and 2-11pm on schooldays, and 8am-11pm on weekdays without class. And so far I've only made $150!

Anyway, my question is...how do I get out of my sister's living room? They are great and I really appreciate them, but I don't want to be a burden, and well...I'd like some privacy.

Has anyone ever been a student and had to provide completely for themselves?

Should I get a full-time job? If so, what would be the types of jobs I should look for?

Is there some type of assistance I can get? My school doesn't have any way to help me with living arrangements. I'm really unsure of where else go to in this route.

Any other college people with some advice?
>>
>>17305171
Ditch the insurance job. You're in a shit tier pyramid scheme . Go work at target or walmart and you'll work less and actually earn more
>>
>>17305193
Yeah but those jobs don't really pay living wages, do they? I live in Alaska and I don't think I could afford to live if my rent was $700/mo
>>
>>17305205
Part time 30hrs at 10$ an hour at walmart. 300 per week

By your own calculations your pull 60ish hours a week at the insurance job and made 150. You're paid on comission/signing a contract. You're earning 5$ an hour right now

Tell me again what's not a living wage.

The insurance gig is a scam bro. I almost got wrangled into one of those about 5 years ago and was smart enough to see it for the fucking pipedream bullshit it really was.
>>
>>17305258
Yeah but currently I do not have the means to live, and I do not believe that I'd be able to survive on $300 a week
>>
>>17305295
So you want to earn next to nothing with the insurance job? I don't see how you justify it

The normal shit retail job is temp. Pass the training and you'll be fine.
>>
>>17305315
You have a point, anon. I'll ride it out tomorrow and see what my counselor says tomorrow about jobs I can get through my school. I am hoping to get something related to my field, since it'd count as work experience in my field.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.