[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone who knows the process of tattoos? >have my appointment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 400x532) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 400x532
Anyone who knows the process of tattoos?
>have my appointment on August 15th
>he asked what I was looking at getting
>I gave him a picture and told him I'd also like something else in the same style
>he said he could do it
>Will he draw it up on the day of my appointment during our consultation?
>is the consultation part of the rate/hour?
>does anyone have an idea how long the peice in picture related would take for about the size of a hockey puck area?

Thanks! I'm going to be tweaking the pic for the tattoo don't judge me too hard.
>>
One desperate bump
>>
Have you tried calling up and asking? I know it's a pretty farfetched idea, but it just might work.
>>
He should have it drawn before you get there.

The consultation shouldnt include. But this could vary depending on store and country.

Maybe 2 hours.
>>
If you've already shown him a picture and y'all have already discussed what you want then he should draw something up and have it ready on august 15 when you come in and if you want him to make some edits to the drawing he'll do it on the spot. The consultation isn't a part of the rate per hour but before/during the consultation you're usually ask to put in a down payment if you haven't done so already. A tattoo that size should be about 2 hours
>>
For that picture I think it would have to be bigger than a hockey puck area. This is something people often make a mistake about they think they can get something small and end up with something larger that they hate.
>>
I would be worried if I didn't have an appointment prior where we discuss the exact image I want.
>>
File: received_929244750503165.jpg (62 KB, 556x976) Image search: [Google]
received_929244750503165.jpg
62 KB, 556x976
This took 6 hours to do and it is completely custom. He sized it there.
The consolation price/rate is all relative to the artist. Sometimes they charge sometimes they don't but from the ones I've gotten they don't charge separate because it is included in the price of your reservation/ chair.
The time also depends on the how new he or she is to the style and to tattooing in general. Again mine was 6 hours from someone who has been tattooing for 15 years.
>>
File: 1466404446447.png (269 KB, 401x317) Image search: [Google]
1466404446447.png
269 KB, 401x317
>>17305469
That unironically looks like vomit on a dirty floor
>>
>>17305471
Thanks. My grandma painted it in the 70's.
>>
>>17305471
Looked like an infected wound to me.
>>
File: 20160629_013519.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160629_013519.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
>>17305480
Well most tattoos are red for quite awhile after being done. I am obviously ghost white so I stayed red. It's been around a year so it's calmed down .
>>
Thanks for all the advice guys, my artist has been tattooing for 10+ years and is very good, but really only 2 hours? Also I've asked quite a few questions and he is a busy man he's booked up for a while now, so I don't mean to bother him too much.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.