[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I thought I'd get over it when I got older, but even now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: sad.gif (2 MB, 372x262) Image search: [Google]
sad.gif
2 MB, 372x262
I thought I'd get over it when I got older, but even now I'm often occupied with how disappointing the world we live in is.
Because of it I live with a self destructive and caution to the wind mindset.
>>
Ok Holden.
>>
What is it that disappoints you anon?
>>
>>17304828
How about you just realize the whole has always been like this for thousands of years and the shit you've been taught growing up were fairly tales. Grow up, and get involved or accept it.
>>
>>17304839
Well first of all the conditions in which humans live seems miserable. It's really sad to see a good person beat down by life to a piece of trash because they can't adapt to modern society (which is something I don't think humans are optimized for anyway).

Second off we're clearly far from a perfect species. We're obsessively focused on irrational, stupid, and ignorant behavior when better and more sensible alternatives exist.
For instance, unusually high intelligence is bred out of society because those individuals are supposedly poorly optimized to fit the mold society wants humans to be. This is bizarre, because intelligence is one of, if not, the single most important traits for the prosperity of humanity.

>>17304841
This anon might tell me to kms and accept reality because I'm talking like a 12 year old.
And I am involved anon.
>>
just wank and go to bed you'll feel better
>>
>>17304901
ok, so take a stand and refuse to reproduce

it really is immoral to create people who never consented to being made when the world we live in is so awful
>>
either you make it better or sit on your ass bitching about it. or just face your life and it's conditions and stay strong.
>>
>>17304917
One cog not working in the whole machine doesn't stop the machine. Much bigger initiative would have to be taken. What we need is an artificial world run on computers to live in a perfect Utopia.
>>
>>17304901
What makes you think there is a perfect species? The very concept of perfection is just a fantasy and those rare cases of intelligence are just exceptions, the human race is not supposed to be brilliant, I think you have the wrong idea of your own kind and you have very high and unrealistic expectations
>>
>>17304925
Well some species are at least much more capable of being prosperous than others.
Intelligence was just one example. Maybe you're right about having high expectations. Maybe I was thinking too highly of humanity.
Everyone would be brilliant if natural selection favored those individuals which would ideally be the case as that's how we'd be the most successful. But intelligence was only a single example.

A simple example is our complete obsession with entertainment despite how useless it is. I figure that's because our ancestors did not have access to entertainment the way we do.
>>
>>17304924
Genetic modification and possibly the cloning of highly successful individuals could improve the world, but that'll be an uphill fight against morality our conviction of right and wrong.

I guess my rant is done.
>>
>>17304958
That's because we get bored easily and it's better to avoid suffering and just be happy watching our shitty shows than getting all bitchy about it
>>
>>17304834
some how that feels productive. I think your just feeling stuck OP. take a vacation.
>>
Smoke heroin. It'll make you feel good.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.