[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to a job interview in a couple of hours. How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1457541668679.jpg (316 KB, 1350x940) Image search: [Google]
1457541668679.jpg
316 KB, 1350x940
I'm going to a job interview in a couple of hours.

How do I answer the question, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" or things like that?

I honestly have not thought about that and don't know how to answer that.
>>
>>17304563
Why not take this opportunity to think about it?
>>
>>17304567
What if I put off the manager with my answer?
>>
>>17304563
Search online for potential questions and practice what you'd say if you were asked them, but don't freak out if they ask you a question you weren't prepared for.

What kind of job is it?
>>
>>17304580

Then you have practice for next time.

They ask that question to see if you are capable of setting realistic goals for yourself. They often want to see people who want to grow.

Or you could be a cheeky cunt and say "Sitting in your seat working for you." I've had varying levels of success with that one. They either love it (because it shows you're driven to excel and push the interviewer higher) or hate it (because they think you want to take their job)
>>
>>17304587
Software Test Engineer
>>
>>17304563

Follow these simple steps:

1. Research the company and find a couple of anecdotes you can toss out to the hiring manager/interview team.
2. Dress your best; Toss clothes in drier with fabric sheets for small scent smell.
3. Go talk to yourself in the mirror for 20 minutes.
4. Do not wear strong aromatic scents.

Where do you see yourself in X years?
"I would like to see myself with the knowledge of the inner workings here so I may potentially earn greater responsibilities."

What do you like about the company?
-Toss out some basic info you researched.

Why do you want to work here?
"I like what you have done with <researched info> and I think it's fascinating and would love to learn to process involved."

Go in confident like you own the fucking place, but not confident like you will fire everyone who is out of line.

Good luck.
>>
>>17304610
>"I would like to see myself with the knowledge of the inner workings here so I may potentially earn greater responsibilities."

Isn't this too vague?
>>
>>17304618
No, you're essentially telling them you want to advance/grow within the company. That is something most hiring managers look for, because it's easier to dangle carrots in front of someone who wants to stick around. Rephrase if you must, or you can say:
>>17304593
>sitting in your desk working for you

The message is the moreless the same.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.