[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
College or nah?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: staley.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
staley.jpg
64 KB, 1280x720
So I took a year out after finishing high school/secondary,being at home almost every day has been fairly shit.Live in a ghost town.Going crazy.I need to get away from my mom.

I've applied for a music production course.I only applied to it because it's one of the few music related courses but I just want to PLAY music,not fucking produce it.Performing is the only thing that makes me feel alive.I feel like if I do attend this course I'll be doing it for the wrong reasons.Tbh I just want to meet new people,see new faces.

Another factor is the college is an hour away.I don't have a car.Buses would take too long.I could catch lifts with my friend but his lecture schedule will probably be different.

Friends of mine have offered me a room at their place nearby so I may just live with them for a year until I find my feet.At least I could hone my craft among other things.

What do?

I apologise if this post is all over the place.Took half an hour to word.My mind is a mess and I'm full of indecision.Any advice is appreciated.
>>
>>17304317

Look son

you're living with your mom, which is all good for a while.

But one day you'll stop being young, and then what?

What do you want to do for a life? you have to do something that actually earns an income and you like.

You want to be a musician? it can be done if you got talent.

Stop crying about buses and how long it will take, think about the future and what you want to do for a living, you can't live forever with mom
>>
Music production course may have something connected to composing music depending on a study plan.
What country are you from, anon?
>>
>>17304328
I don't want to live with my mom.She's been emotionally abusive since I can remember.

I need to get out of this run-down house.I figured going to college would help me escape but I realised that I'd be there for the wrong reasons.

I want to work as a musician but I feel like a moron when I say that,
>>
>>17304335
Republic of Ireland
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.