[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Posted this yesterday and got 0 replies so I'll be trying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: e12.png (492 KB, 692x577) Image search: [Google]
e12.png
492 KB, 692x577
Posted this yesterday and got 0 replies so I'll be trying my luck again.
I'm 18. So there's this girl that I've known since high school but I only started getting close to her in our first year of college since we ended up going to the University. We got to a point where we saw each other like three or four times a week whilst texting almost every day. Mind you, she was/is in a relationship of 2 years. Over time, I get feelings for her, and she probably did as much I have. This became a problem because since I'm trying to be a righteous and humble/selfless prick, I didn't want to intervene with her current relationship, and we never really talked about how we felt about each other. So I tried putting some distance because I didn't want to hurt myself as she continued to go out with this dude.

Fast forward. The feelings come and go, but we start hanging out less and less. Lately, she's been feeling depressed about things she's not telling me about (which really frustrates me because I actually want to help her out). Part of it has to do with stress, dealing with people, and relationship problems, yet she keeps it to herself. I don't know what happens in her relationship, but it's probably the most cringiest thing ever and her and her boyfriend barely have any chemistry, especially when they converse. Meanwhile, when I would hang out with her one-to-one, we always have a great time and she would end up texting me soon after. Once again, this becames less common between us because we don't hang out as much as we used to.

I digress. Anyway, I'm thinking of just staying in the background to watch things unfold with her relationship and everything else, but I wish I could help her come to her senses because there is so much I want to tell her with the potential of ruining our friendship as she is still with her boyfriend (he's a nice guy, just naïve and purely incompatible with her).

Sure, I may sound pompous, but I just need some insight on how I should go about this.
>>
You're gonna sit behind and watch the girl you love be with someone else? That's retarded. Don't hurt yourself like that, you will live in eternal misery. Either tell her about it or move on bro.
>>
>>17304261

Just tell her that being with him isn't compulsory. If she's not happy she should leave to give him time to find someone else. It's not fair on him if she stays in an unhappy relationship.

Women are selfish, so if you can give them the opportunity to act selfishly but make it seem like they're doing it for someone else they will usually do it.
>>
>>17304261
You say these two have no chemistry together, but this is based on your own opinion. You only see them interact when you're around and not when they're completely alone.

I act differently when I'm around my wife alone vs when we're with people. So don't be all thinking you know everything because you probably don't.
>>
>>17304339
It's unsettling already how they act as a couple in public and I've seen the way they interact. Most of the time, when I'm with both of them, I end up talking to her about a topic that her boyfriend is unaware or oblivious to. Just yesterday, when they were saying bye to each other, the girl literally patted her boyfriend on the head and left.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.