[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Infected stitches
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: DSC_0005.jpg (3 MB, 5344x3008) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0005.jpg
3 MB, 5344x3008
Hey /adv/, I've got a stitch that snapped, and cut opened, but that isn't really the issue, it's that it's fucking infected.

I fucking jabbed a needle into some white white skin around the stitch, and a bunch of pus came out.

How should I treat the infected area until I can get to a doctor?
>>
I hope you at least sterilized the needle. Just put some strong alcohol where you made a hole. And go to a doctor. Preferably not the same one who patched you up.
>>
>>17302864
>>17302864
try triple antibiotic cream for now, but its likely going to need a course of antibiotics from a doctor.
>>
>>17302864
Just squeeze the puss out, pour rubbing alcohol on it as suggested, and take an antibiotic over a day or two for good measure.

Then question why you're such a pussy to have gotten stitches on fucking paper-cut. That's the real problem here.
>>
Clean the wound and soak your hand in salt water. From your pic, it doesn't look too bad, but if the area around the wound gets really red or it starts to smell, GO SEE A DOCTOR.

Ditto if you start a fever
>>
>>17302864
Emt fag here.

For the most part you're fine. If that's your hand it looks like youre on the mend. No serious redness, swelling, just minor tissue damage that's healing.

Standard wound care would be take some anti infmatories, clean the wound. Dry. Sterilize with iodine (don't use hydrogen peroxide. Kills good cells and bad ones). Dry again. Use a bit of gauze and some antibiotic ointment. Cover wound. Secure gauze with medical tape or bandaid over the wound. Don't use the hand a lot. If puss drainage continues or your swelling becomes worse followed by a larger red patch that radiates out from the wound, then you've got a proper infection. Right now it looks pretty much localized and the puss from the stitches is to be expected.
>>
>Then question why you're such a pussy to have gotten stitches on fucking paper-cut. That's the real problem here.

I got a ganglion cyst removed, because it was restricting my tendon movement.
>>
>>17302899
>not removing it by biting into your hand and violently ripping it off with your own teeth
You really are a pussy.
>>
>>17302908
Fuck, I guess you are right...
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.