[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is depressing, suicidal, obsessive music helping or the opposite?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image%3A401470.jpg (60 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image%3A401470.jpg
60 KB, 500x375
Is depressing, suicidal, obsessive music helping or the opposite?
>>
>>17302584

In my opinion: DEFINITELY the opposite.

I used to listen to emo music when I was a teenager. Death Cab for Cutie, Bright Eyes, Elliott Smith, all that sort of sad soppy shit. I suppose there is some sort of catharsis in it. Also I do still really love Elliott Smith because he's amazing, but I just generally don't listen to that stuff anymore because I don't want to be a soppy, feeling-sorry-for-myself faggot.

Now I'm 25, and I just listen to good music that I like. Music that isn't morose. Funky music, rocking music, whatever. At the moment Red Hot Chili Peppers, Queens of the Stone Age, Metallica and Arctic Monkeys are my go-to bands. Just good old fashioned driving rock music.

Ultimately what you listen to is reflective of your mood isn't it. If you feel sad and depressed you're just going to listen to morose music. As I say that can be a catharsis, but I think as you get older you realise that spending so much time wallowing is a) pathetic and b) achieves nothing.
>>
Personally, it helps me. I can relate to the artist strongly, and it helps me get through shit.
>>
In Music Therapy, they start with matching the music to the mood then slowly changing it to a more positive mix.
>>
>>17302675
>>17302680

I thought this was /adv/, not /lgbt/? When did this place become full of shameless faggots?
>>
>>17302685
I fail to see how this >>17302680 anons advice is homo loving.

>>17302584
If you exclusively listen to edgy shit then maybe. I'll listen to Interpol when I'm out on jogs/walks becauses it's mellow and keeps me going.
>>
Most likely the opposite.
>>
>At the moment Red Hot Chili Peppers, Queens of the Stone Age, Metallica and Arctic Monkeys are my go-to bands.
I gagged
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.