[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boyfriend messaged me today saying that he thinks he needs a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: neckme.jpg (41 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
neckme.jpg
41 KB, 540x960
Boyfriend messaged me today saying that he thinks he needs a break while he settles into work.
He was a neet until a few months ago.
I asked for him to call me for this conversation because I feel like this is a conversation that should be had over the phone instead of text.
He hasnt replied, obviously hasnt called and I dont think he intends to.
He isnt cheating because he is still very neet, he just has a job he goes to on weekdays the comes home and games.

Am I being unreasonable to have me have said what I have? The messages were sent over 3 hours.
Should I just accept that its over, even though hes said its a break?
>>
Why don't you meet him face to face?
>>
>>17302537
You are totally reasonable. Dumping over text is just disrespectful.
Why are you dating a neet though?
>>
>>17302537
Girl to girl, if a guy ever needed a break from me I'd never go back to that. Why'd you ask how long? Doesn't matter. He should be chasing you after pulling some childish stupid shit like this.
https://youtu.be/X7dVGIZv5B8
>>
>>17302537
What an asshole he is. I'd be fucking livid. Make sure he knows you can just walk away. Don't bend over backwards just to be with somebody who texts you this kind of shit out of the blue.
>>
>>17302537
Have some self respect and dump this asshole. Never contact him again.
If someone is such a piece of shit and treats you like this, don't stay with him.
>>
>>17302537
He sounds extremely childish for doing this. No one mature enough to handle a relationship would ignore their SO like that. You deserve sooooo much better.
>>
>>17302543
We are long distance at the moment. We see eachother for a week every 2 months and would spend 8 hours a day on skype talking.
>>17302545
It just happened, I talked to him and once I met up with him I knew I loved him. We had so many conversations with eachother of him moving up, he got his license and looked for a car and had a job interview in my town. We even looked at rentals together. Then 3 months ago it stopped, he stopped texting and calling me back. He started working but its a desk job and still had time to come home and play hours and hours of games and movies instead of having a conversation with me.
>>17302547
Would have been nice to know the timeframe he was wanting the 'break' to be for.
>>17302548
He had stopped messageing me all together 2 days prior to this so I had an inclination it was coming.
>>17302554
I love him though. If it was as easy as walking away i would have already done it.
>>17302556
I just feel like this is all my fault.
>>
Tell him you need to talk about what a "break" means to him, and that without a talk you consider it as him breaking up (if you do anyways, because personally I would).

Breaks are a thing because we know other people do it. The problem is people aren't hivemind on what a break means. Although some people see it as a way to ease into a break up/fuck other people, others see it as a way to get a little space and then rebuild the relationship. If it's the first, you're better breaking up. If it's the latter, you might be able to talk to him and say that a break really is not healthy.

You can't just pretend you're not in a relationship whenever life gets hard, whenever there's a new struggle. There needs to be a compromise where both people get their relationship needs met. If he needs a bit more alone time, or to relax instead of going out with you, that's okay. You need to be able to accept it, and he needs to be able to communicate it. If he thinks calling break (like calling time-out) and going no contact is the best way to work on his problems, breaking up may be a good thing.
>>
>>17302545
>Why are you dating a neet though?

Seeing as how most threads on this board are posted by neets unable to get girlfriends, if anything, you should probably cheer her on for taking one for the team. Besides, if she has (had?) feelings for him then why not?
>>
Honestly it sounds like he met someone else.
>>
>>17302559
Love isn't the most important thing in a relationship. You don't date people because you love them, you date people because you love them AND you have a deep bond built on respect, trust and shared values.
This guy doesn't respect you. If he did, he would spend time with you when he came home from work, he wouldn't ask for a break and then stop replying all together, and he wouldn't be this much of a bitch.
Move on. It will be hard, it will be painful, but honestly do you want to be with a person that treats you like a hobby, and not even his favourite one?
What do you think that will happen in 10 years, if you stick with someone who doesn't respect you?
>>
>>17302559
This isn't your fault at all. He obviously has some shit of his own to work through. Don't blame yourself.
>>
>>17302563
>feelings for him
Idealism is sweet, but it won't give you stability or life perspective.
>>
>>17302562
He wont answer my texts though so I dont know how the fuck to ask him what the break means. Are we still loyal to eachother and just not talking? If he would have called me I would have asked him.
I don't even know if he will answer those texts or if hes intending on not even texting for 2 weeks or what.
>>
>>17302559
>play hours and hours of games and movies instead of having a conversation with me
That means he doesn't like you. If I like something, I want to get closer to it and want more of it. Either he's afraid, or he got bored.
How confident is he usually?
>>
>>17302565
Unless its at his mothers work where hes working there is no other way for him to have met someone. Unless its online.
>>17302567
Its just changed so drastically in the last few months.
>>17302569
I would tell him that our communicating was like a routine and if we would argue it would be from me bring up that he doesnt message back.
>>17302582
He doesnt like people really. He stays at home unless his mother makes him go to the shops. I think he is beautiful.
>>
>>17302589
He sounds super beta. He could be afraid of having a relationship with you. If you date him, at least do him the favor and help him man up.
>>
>>17302559
Your an idiot, it's not your fault, he obviously doesn't give a shit/understand your feelings, he values vidya more than you because he is a neet. Scratch that, it is your fault for getting involved with a fucking neet. You knew this was coming.
>He will change for me
>He will become not neet for me
>I can change him
No, no you can't.
>>
>>17302589
>>17302589

>Unless its online.

He met you online, didn't he?
the whole ''three months ago'' makes it really obvious

Whenever a dude suddenly withdraws it's usually because there's another woman.
You should just move on. No dude who genuinely cares/wants you will ask you for a ''break'' and ignore you when you ask for an explanation.
>>
>tfw remember OPs first thread
>her bf broke up now
10/10 move on he did you a favor
>>
>>17302609
What was her first thread?
>>
Lol. Following your threads was fun
>>
>>17302575
That's why I was of the opinion it's fair giving a sort of ultimatum. "Hey, you talk to me about what a break means or we are breaking up". No response to that, then he's obviously okay with breaking up, and the break was probably to prepare for a break up anyway.

But elaborate on why not talking about a break means it's a break up for you if you want a discussion. Like I said. You can't set a relationship on standby while you deal with things, you need communication. Put in effort to communicate. If he doesn't put in effort too though, nothing you can do and it's best to accept it as a break up. He might not care to talk about it regardless of what you say or whether you do the right thing.
>>
>>17302537
I think I could speak in your boyfriend's shoes because this sounds a little like me.

If he is as neet as you say than he's probably overwhelmed with all of the talking and the amount of time you two spend together.

The last relationship I was in it needed to be texting every single day and she would come home to me anyway. I couldn't take it because I'd want some me time and when we did text it wasn't constant back and forth, it was just a painful experience to try and muster up something to text back because the conversation was so dry. It would be the same shit every day.
>I miss you
>I miss you too
>what are you up to?
>I'm doing x
>oh okay.
>

I just got sick of shit like that and asked her to possibly try to cutback on texting and she got asshurt by it.
He might be at a point where he feels like the relationship stopped being fun and it's more like work now. All of these people saying you deserve better are full of shit because they don't even know you. It might be too late in your case, but you should always reflect upon your actions and wonder if you might be doing something wrong. People might do things on impulse, but there's always a reason why that impulse happened. Try to take it easy and realize that the relationship might be over at this point, but don't run after him. If it's this serious the relationship looks over and don't attempt to fix anything. Just take it for what it is and move on. If he can treat you like this, walk away, and come back he won't respect you.

All of this is from my experience and the information you've given and what I've seen. Getting over someone isn't easy, but try your best. Resist the urge to contact him at this point.
>>
>>17302537
Break? What absolute bullshit, why would he need a break?

He wants an open opportunity to fuck other people; maybe he is eyeing someone at work, and wants to see where it goes.
>>
>>17302618
She wanted to know if she was bejng unreasonable to her bf because she wanted to talk with him or write or have any sort of communication and he literally ignored her just like that.

She was being an idiot for not leaving guess he's not as much of a cunt as I thought considering he broke it off for her. Though he's still a huge cunt for ignoring his own gf
>>
Take the advice we all gave you last time. He's done with this relationship, he's emotionally checked out, and obviously doesn't give a single fuck.

Leave him, because this relationship is over and has no chance of recovering. It doesn't matter if you love him and you've invested in this relationship, you can't carry it alone and he doesn't want to participate.
>>
>>17303021
Also guess what, I was in a relationship similar to yours, until said dependant neet found another girl to game with over the internet and spent all his time with her instead. You can say he's not cheating all you like but you have no fucking clue. If he can find a relationship with you online, he can fall for someone else online just as easily.
>>
>>17303026
Don't attack all of OPs delusions she will just shut off, the good advice was given , nothing good will come out of upsettig her
>>
>>17302537
>he just has a job he goes to on weekdays the comes home and games.
Oh, poor diddums! Everyone knows you can't possibly have a job AND a relationship, only the unemployed have girlfriends!
Have a heart, OP, you can't expect to come between a man and his vidya gaems, is he supposed to be made of stone?!
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.