[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys! I live on a farm working in Canada; the farmer has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 581x542) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 581x542
Hey guys!

I live on a farm working in Canada; the farmer has given me a deal that I'll have free room, board and (farm) good as long as I work every day.

My problem is; I'm lonely and longing wanderlust. A new woman in my life from the city invited me on a road trip for a deal ($400)

I don't know how I can get this money by August, as the work I do doesn't necissariky pay me monetarily.

Is there any way I can use the Internet to make this sort of money? I don't have much to sell besides the clothes I own.

Cheers guys.
>>
Also, the road trip is through the United States- coast to coast with everything in between.

I -need- this.
>>
>>17302307
>I live on a farm working in Canada; the farmer has given me a deal that I'll have free room, board and (farm) good as long as I work every day.
You're getting ripped off there mate. Let's say I were to take you in to my home in return for you working for me - I manage a couple (well three at the moment as it happens) of construction sites, so it'd still be manual labour you were doing. Letting you sleep in my spare bedroom costs me nothing - I'd still be paying the mortgage even if you weren't there, and the repayments won't go up if you are there. Getting my wife to do a couple of extra loads of laundry each week and make a bit more food at each meal will have a cost, but it'd be negligeable, perhaps £50 a week. My utility bills would be a bit higher too, so perhaps add another £10 a week for that. In comparrison, if you came to work for me but found your own accomodation, for ten hours a day of carrying heavy stuff and sweeping the floor I'd be paying you about £450 a week (granted it'd be out of the companies' budget, not out of my pocket), but it's easy to see who's coming off best in that relationship.

>Is there any way I can use the Internet to make this sort of money?
Not really, no. Let's say I need some reports written, they're simple to do and I've decided to contract them out to a third party. I could have you do them online, but I'd probably have to pay you, say, £10 per report before you'd even consider it and in turn, you won't put a lot of effort in as you're only getting £10 for each one. However, with it being online, it doesn't matter if the person is local or not. At that point I can find myself a guy in India with a PHD in civil engineering who will work his fingers to the bone sixteen hours a day seven days a week and pay him £100 a month to write the reports in a better quality and at a faster rate than even I could.
>>
>>17302337
This is fair and just advice.

I do know I'm being ripped off. I'm sad here, but I have nowhere to go but away; which is why I want to see the world thanks to the help of a friend.

Do you have any advice how I could find money otherwise?
>>
>>17302307
It's called slavery and it's against the law. Even if you get room and board you have to be paid something.
>>
File: 1451988318904.jpg (212 KB, 590x322) Image search: [Google]
1451988318904.jpg
212 KB, 590x322
Wait he is paying you as well ?

If not this is modern day slavery, you realize that right ?

Also beyond this, you seriously have to consider what kind of other shit this guy gets up to if he is prepared to have slaves (trust me he knows what he is doing) on his farm.

I would stay well away from that man.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.