[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it a bad idea for Jews and Christians to be in a relationship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1460469567979.jpg (95 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1460469567979.jpg
95 KB, 480x640
Is it a bad idea for Jews and Christians to be in a relationship together? I mean I don't know how we would celebrate things like Hanukah and Christmas together or which religion would get custody of the kids when we divorce.
>>
>2016
>still religious

stop believing in fairy tales and accept atheism
>>
yes it's a bad idea.
>>
>which religion would get custody of the kids when we divorce.

I wonder if this a bait thread
>>
>>17300947
Ya think?

I'll still answer the question tho. Human interraction is a bad idea in general but we seem to go for it anyways. So go have your mule relationship, says I.
>>
File: hqdefault-1.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-1.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>17300939
(you)
>>
Not sure about Judaism but I'm Christian in a long successful relationship with an atheist

We just don't discuss church that much, and I think of it as kind of "me time" like how I'd go to a spa or something, just a time for me to relax

Don't discuss it too much, make sure you remain respectful of each other's beliefs and if you and them are good people it should be fine

Let your kids choose whatever they want, don't force one or the other on them. Show them your own religions, and allow them to make a choice when they're older. Most of the Christians I know, even the ones from Christian families, had this experience, and got baptized of their own choice at around age 14+ and are happier that they got to choose.

In terms of holidays, maybe spend some of Hanukah with the family of the Jew and Christmas day with the Christian family, or whatever.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-27-18-29-01.png (508 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-27-18-29-01.png
508 KB, 1080x1920
>>17300935
What's the matter anon not manly enough for Christ to do pic related on Jewess?
>>
>>17300981
I would almost be willing to overlook my revulsion towards Jews to degrade a Jewess like that
>>
>>17300935
You are asking if its a bad idea to be in a relationship because of some shit you all read in a book once? No, id say if you're both decent people, it shouldn't matter that much.
>>
>>17300935
>>17300976
2 Corinthians 6:14 (NIV)
"Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?"
>>
>>17301036
People who regurgitate pseudo philosophical quotes are just opinionated people who have nothing to say but still want to give their two cents. If you put a belief before being a person, then you aren't a person. Just a brainwashed drone.
>>
>>17301036
This doesn't mean anything. I'm a Christian and support gay marriage etc. Many ideas in the bible are outdated, I'm in it for the unity and faith

>>17301126
This
>>
If you push religion on your children when they're younger instead of educating them and letting them think for themselves when they are able, you're not a very good parent
>>
>>17301195
You mean like parents have been doing for millennia, all across the world?
>>
>>17301145
>I'm a Christian and support gay marriage etc.
You can't pick and choose what parts of the Bible you believe in.

>Many ideas in the bible are outdated
That doesn't stop them from being the word of God. Just because something isn't relevant or practiced anymore doesn't mean we should pretend it never existed and like it was never written.

>>17301126
The scripture was more for the benefit of the Christians in this thread and to answer OP's question.

>>17301195
Every parent has a big influence on their kid's beliefs. If not one way, then another.
>>
>>17301209
yeah sorta like how the concept of human rights didnt exist for millennia and how slavery was normal and accepted for millennia

you have no control at this point btfo
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.